“Excellent stay at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk!”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #15 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I arrived on June 12th for a few days of vacation. I knew immediately that I had made the right choice to book here. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The staff is professional and friendly. Bonnie at the front desk was especially helpful. The hotel restaurant had a wonderful and relaxing atmosphere and served delicious food. The location of the hotel was perfect. Thank you to the entire staff at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk for making our vacation a great one.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Holiday Inn on the Riverwalk was a great place to stay. The location was easy to get. Everyone on staff that I encountered was friendly. Check in was quick and easy. My room was a view of the riverwalk. The newly updated room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable! I really liked the location of this hotel as it is on the quieter end away from the hustle and bustle but everything I wanted to go to was an easy walk away. I didnt use the pool, fitness center, or restaurant so I can't comment on those. On my last night, I called room service as it had started to pour outside and there was no way of going out. They told me that it would be a 45 minute wait but 15 minutes later they were at my door.. They offer a rapid check out where you can leave your keys in the room but I still opted to check out at the front desk just in case.

The only really cons I would have is that wifi was a bit spotty at times but I didn't come to sit in my room and be on my computer all day. Also, parking is $19.50 a night but with the deal I got for the room, my charge per night was still cheaper than if I had paid full price for the room. One of the nights the noise outside was a bit loud but it may have been due to the Spurs winning..I don't know.

If I ever came back to San Antonio, I would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: river view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JAMM33
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk. It was incredibly clean, comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. You just walk out the door and down a few steps and you're on the Riverwalk. The pool area was really nice and they have a hot tub also. I would highly recommend this place. I know we will be back again next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gonnaflyhi
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I decided to take an unexpected trip to San Antonio! It was newly remodeled and accommodations very nice! Even though we were on the less traveled end of the riverwalk, everything was within walking distance. The staff was very helpful, even during the fire alarm discharging for no reason! The restuarant and bar are top notch, hats off to the bartender.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the riverwalk are very nice!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nuttyrd
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It was updated and modern looking. I was extremely pleased with my stay. The location was PERFECT, for anything you could want to do. The only downside was a parking issue. I did not have a vehicle but when my son and daughter in law wanted to come visit, for a quick bite to eat they had to pay a 10.00 parking fee. He is military and was training at Fort Sam. I was in town for his graduation from a medical program. I feel that the hotel should offer a couple hour pass for visitors at least. Other wise, I can't rave enough. They even allowed me to check in a few hours early on the day I arrived. Hats off to the Holiday INN for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My first stay here was in 2009. Work books this place for most travelers to San Antonio. I have found somewhere else I prefer to stay that offers per-diem. Unfortunately I couldn't find per-diem anywhere else during this trip and I had heard there was a renovation, so I thought I would give it a shot...

Back in 2009, it was run-down, dark, musty, etc. The renovations have lightened it up a bit; given it a more open feel... however, it may have cause more problems than solutions. I will get to that in a minute.

Rooms: Single King - Non-Smoking. The rooms are large and spacious. Some have showers, some have showers with a tub (how do I know? I will get to that too). If you need a tub, just ask for it. Loved the bathroom and the lighted mirror, very nice. The new shower is nice as well. Fridge - they brought one up, said they were putting them in every room in a month or so. Flooring... not a fan of the type of flooring they put in. Pretty cold... and I showered one night before bed, got up the next morning, walked around the room and when I got in the shower, there was dirt from my feet! yuk...

The bed was hard as a rock. If you like that, then great. I'm just thinking if you spend millions to renovate, why would you buy this type of mattress?! Really? I mean, it's a HOTEL, where people go to SLEEP. I couldn't sleep at all in it... considered sleeping on the mini sofa. Asked the desk and they said all the beds were new and the same. Ugh... SO - if you like HARD, then you will like these beds. If not, steer clear.

Major issue: So, I am a solo traveler on business. I was wrapping up some work after being in the office all day. Trying to relax...when all of a sudden there is like banging and crashing in the room next to me. A family with several small children had checked in next door... adjoining rooms mind you. It sounded like the doors were THIN tin. Some kid tapping on the other side of the adjoining room door. I could hear every thing they were doing and saying. The mom took a shower, then she proceeded to get the kids one by one in the tub (alas! a tub). I could hear her brush her teeth.. I attribute it to the "flooring". Carpet would muffle the sound somewhat, but the whole situation begs the question... WHO checks a family in (with a crying baby) to an adjoining room to a solo business traveler. UGH! You guys seriously need to look into the SOUND problem. Heavier doors? Sound proofing? Who knows... but even my co-workers complained of the noise level.

9pm, I am packing and moving rooms. :( Very unhappy.... very unrested...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jannster
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear jannster,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience you may have experienced with the noise which affected your stay negatively. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very goog location at san antonio riverwalk. El alamo, la villita, boatrides at walking distance. Breakfast is not complementary. The hotel has a small bar, where you can stop before going back to the room. close at 12:00 am. I had to tell the lady at the front desk that the floor of the room assigned to me was not broomed, i went to The Alamo when i came back the room was already cleaned. The a/c worked excellent, and excellent products (shampoo, conditioner).

Room Tip: Really i heard no noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eltzi
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments! I must say that it was a great pleasure for all of us at The Holiday Inn Riverwalk to host you as our guest. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms, and that you were able to take advantage of our excellent location. Please accept our apologies for the cleanliness issue you encountered during your stay. I'm glad our staff was able to promptly take care of that issue for you. Thank you again for your time and comments! We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again the next time your plans include San Antonio!

Best Regards,