$110
$103
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$96
$167
$159
$156
$138
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$199
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$138
$135
Hotel Contessa
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$266
$219
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $257/night.

Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$146
$82
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$166
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,249 results
All reviewsthe riverfront deskhotel restaurantwood floorsdirect accessbalcony roomself parkvalet stafflocation was perfectper dayspring breakvalet parkingriverwalkisaacrubenalamogarza
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights (12/27 and 12/28/2012). Where do I begin? Okay, the good. This hotel is in a pretty good location on the Riverwalk. It's not overly expensive as far as Riverwalk hotels go. The remodeled rooms are very nice, if you can get one. When we stayed, the only remodeled rooms available were with one king bed.

We drove from El Paso to San Antonio on 12/27/12. We planned our trip so that we could spend two nights at the Riverwalk for my Mom's birthday prior to driving north to New Braunfels for my son's wedding on 12/31/12. We drove two vehicles because there were four of us, luggage and we were hauling items needed for the wedding reception in my husband's truck. When we arrived at the hotel, the valet notated our two vehicles, gave us parking cards for the dashboards and put stickers on the top corner of the driver's side windows for self parking. He then opened the gate so we could park. (This hotel, like all hotels on the Riverwalk charges a nightly rate for self parking).

This hotel is undergoing a MAJOR renovation. We found the front desk on the 7th floor from the garage elevator. The front desk and restaurant are currently housed in what is actually meeting and banquet rooms on this floor. It should be noted that the elevators are rather confusing while the renovation is going on. Only one elevator goes to the garage, and you must exit this elevator and enter another elevator to actually get to the rooms. There is also only one elevator (a different elevator) that allows you to access the Riverwalk down below. At least the room elevators were fast! Enough said.

Several months ago I had booked a King room with sofa for my Husband and me. My mom booked a two double bed room, as she was sharing a room with my brother. We were not aware at the time of online booking that the renovation would be taking place during our stay. The rooms were supposed to have balconies...when we checked in the front desk clerk cheerfully advised that my room was a newly remodeled room on an upper floor. Great! But my mom and brother were going to have to stay in a room not yet remodeled because there were no remodeled two double bed rooms. Hmmm. All checked in, we went to retrieve our luggage from the garage. To get a cart, we had to go down to the 1st floor from the parking elevator and retrieve one from the valet station. The entire 1st floor is undergoing renovation (the actual location of the lobby, front desk, restaurant, etc.). You had to go through a construction "tunnel" to find the front door/valet area. Everything else was blocked off. I hope it's nice when they're done. It should be noted that all of the elevators either contained construction debris all over the floors or were covered with tape and paper drop cloth material and covered with debris.

My room was on the top floor of the hotel. It was very nice. Engineered wood flooring, upgraded bath, mini frig and decorated in a very modern IKEA style. Hey, where's the balcony? Then my brother called from their room. He said their room was nasty, and that the balcony door was bolted shut because of construction. I told him, that's okay...my balcony's gone!! (All the balconies are being removed and the rooms are being expanded in the process) I advised them to see if they could get their room changed. They did, but had to get a King room with sofa. No big deal...except in the frenzy to get the remodeled rooms available for the busy weekend (Alamo Bowl game) the new room had no electronic lock. You could simply open the door by opening the handle. Back down to the front desk. On try number three they had a remodeled room with a working lock on the door.

The next morning I went down to the restauant to get a cup of coffee to take to the room. (I prefer not to use guest room coffee makers, if at all possible) The self service coffee was just outside the restaurant next to the host/hostess podium. As I finished getting my coffee, a woman says, "Just one coffee?" I turned around and said, "Yes". That's when she quoted me a price of just under $3 for a cup. Seriously? I asked her if I could charge it to my room, since all I had with me was my room key. Sure, no problem. Well, I have a problem. Why is it always hit and miss with Holiday Inns when it comes to something as simple as providing free coffee and tea for guests who go down to the lobby/restaurant to retrieve a cup? I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Galveston in November. Not only did they give me a free cup of coffee, but the waiter in the restaurant poured it for me and told me to come back for another whenever I was ready. Holiday Inn Express has free coffee, why not all Holiday Inns as well? Just a pet peeve of mine. Life is like a box of chocolates....

Next gripe. The card keys did not function properly. My husband got locked out of the hotel at the Riverwalk because his card key demagnetized for the second time. One of us had to let him into the hotel as he could not find a nearby stairway to the street entrance. When he got his card key restored the front desk failed to inform him that in doing so, both card keys needed to be reset together. So, when his was reset mine was de-activated. When I took both card keys to the front desk the clerk told me not to place the card keys near my cell phone or other electronic device. Uh, yeah, I'm already well aware of this as are most folks who travel. And that's not what happened here.

Last gripe. The morning we checked out my "invoice" had been put under the door to my room. As I took a look at it, I realized I was charged an exhorbitant amount for self parking. I took my invoice to the front desk and inquired as to the nightly rate for parking. When the clerk (the same one from the card key incident) responded, I advised him that the amount was incorrect on my bill, and that we had only two cars. He then asked me, "Are you sure no one in your party has another car?" Are you serious! Thank you for insulting my intelligence! I told him, "2 rooms, 4 guests, 2 cars". He reluctantly removed the third "vehicle" parking charges from my bill. (Remember, the valet notated the cars, gave us cards for the dash, put stickers on the windows and had to manually raise the gate to let us in the first night).

It should be noted that I ordered late evening room service the second night of our stay. The food arrived promptly and the quality was excellent.

All in all, I would rate the stay at this hotel as below average, and the gentleman working the front desk in the mornings needs to learn some serious customer service skills. It was economical for the Riverwalk, but I won't mind paying twice as much to stay at another tried and true Riverwalk hotel next time around (Hilton, Omni, etc.)

Room Tip: Do not stay here during the renovation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rrbkitty
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your most recent stay. I am so sorry we fell short of exceeding your expectations on your visit to San Antonio. We would love for you to come back and visit us. Please feel free to contact me anytime so we can make it up to you. We are very excited to be undergoing this multi-million dollar renovation. Our hotel will be a shining star on the Riverwalk and be sure to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Remodel. Have to walk through Sheetrock tunnels. Dust and dangerous. Hammering on our room walls and ceilings. Elevators out of service Restaurant closed. Noisy, filthy. Room balcony a are off limits. Floors dirty in room trash behind couch. No refrigerators. Just plain noisy and dirty. Shouldn't be open till renovation is finished.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Donald B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Beaudin13,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Antonio, TX.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is very well located, You can go directely to the riverwalk.
They are in the midle of a renovation, thou You bether be shure they have finished it before You get there. The new roons are very Nice, but for now they don't have the frige and the air conditioning is not operating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear chassef,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just spent a night at the under-renovation Holiday Inn Riverwalk. Renovation is totally thought out - signs, directions, etc. - very thorough and non-confusing. Checked in on the 7th floor - Eric and others were friendly and accommodating. I was a couple of hours early for my reservation with my parents, but they placed us in a newly renovated room - modern, bright, chic, clean, comfortable. This makes me happy since the hotel did need a facelift - well it is getting that and more! The hotel is right on the 'good and well-located' RiverWalk and it's still quiet, pretty, easily accessible to all the RW offers. The hotel is well appointed - you feel like you're in one of the better hotels and as mentioned, the people here are always nice. Breakfast buffet (also on the 7th floor - that will move to R when the renovation is complete) was delicious and the staff there were warm and accommodating. I'm very happy this hotel is doing the renovation. Love this place!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in the middle of getting remodeled, but it seems as they are doing a floor at a time. The lobby is temporarily moved, but signs tell you were to go. As a priority club member, we were upgraded to a suite with a balcony on 22nd floor which was awesome... new everything. But the new smell or glue or something had us open the balcony doors for fresh air. With all the workers there, I expected it to be much noisier than it was in the mornings since we sleep in, but it wasn't too bad. Other rooms are getting the balcony removed to make the rooms bigger. Not sure of the Cost per night was ...I used my points which was 25k points per night. parking was 19.50 per night or 26 for valet. Bed and pillow were comfy.

• Stayed: December 2012