“Very nice stay,close to everything” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Riverwalk

Holiday Inn Riverwalk
Ranked #16 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
brazoria
“Very nice stay,close to everything”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

PROS: View was good,pool was nice,right on the riverwalk.
Clean room,people were nice.Walking distance to
a lot of great places.
Cons: $18 a day to park?C'mon!The room was high enough.
Was told it was $14 a day when reservation was made.
Would have given higher rating if not for this.
Overall: We had a great time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

The TV does not work properly 6 out 20 channel did not work, call front desk she said they are fixing them. called after 5 hrs another front desk clerk said she had no idea about that,she send manintainace guy, he confirm that they are not working, he is going to find out , never heard any thing from them. Next day when I ask again, they change the room but even worst problems with TV and shower and internet. They had no appology , no sence of fixing the problem etc.
Having said that, the house keeper were great in taking care of us. that is the only reason I gave them average rating

Room Tip: only if you need bed to sleep
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

The place has a serious problem with mold and mildew. I could smell it the moment i walked in the lobby and smelled everywhere in the hotel. The bathroom in my room was horrible. I kept the bathroom door closed and the patio door open and still got a headache every time I walked in there from mold and mildew. The bathtub was black on the bottom - stained from dirt. It was just gross. The icing on the cake was upon packing up to leave, I discovered my Kindle was missing. I have spoken with a manager and they filed an insurance claim. It remains to be seen if they will make things right. The staff here are young and well meaning but the place needs to be gutted and cleaned. I would never reccomend it based on my experience.

Room Tip: Skip it. There are lots of hotels in San Antonio.
1 Thank Traveler20
nyc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

My experience was very positive. I was a little concerned after reading the other reviews but I was with a reunion and meeting others there. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, my room was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. The room was always fresh but not perfumey, a pet peeve of mine. The meeting areas could have been cleaned up a bit better. My elderly parents had a different experience with housekeeping on a different floor. There were dirty cups in the room and cigarette butts on the terrace when they got there. They had to call twice to get the room cleaned up. Overall my experience was a 4.

3 Thank MLG1111
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

As a member of their preferred program, I was horrified on how they treat us. They overbooked our room and it took them more than 5 minutes to give a room. Finally they gave us a suite and say that we were upgraded so we should be happy. We were only upgraded becuase they messed up our reservation, not as a favor or to acknowlege our membership. Needless to say that they didn't even bother to apologize. When we got to the room, the sleeper couch was not made, so again another wait, until they decided to make it to the room, well they never made it so we left as the children needed to eat before it was to late. When we got back, they didn't even bother to make the sleeper couch, they just put the sheets on top and good luck trying to figure it out. The next day at checkout I found my bill right in the middel of the hallway. Wow!!! They are greatly concern with their guest privacy. Not! I went to the desk to report the situation and MOD was less than concern, all the time she gave me her fake apology, she didn't even bother to look me in the eyes. I WILL NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVEN IF THEY PAY ME. Spend a few more dollars and go stay at a Hilton. I assure you, your stay will be a good one and without any attitudes.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mbeba
Bensalem, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

I booked hotel for a conference trip since it is close to the river walk and cheaper than the ritzy nearby hotels. Shame on me for thinking that this hotel would be average when it was below average. Front desk and staff a bit grumpy all the time, bathroom of room filthy (hair, blood, and a leaky faucet to the tub...) Thank goodness. The bed seemed clean and was comfy to sleep on. The noise from the street level is loud on weekend nights...I agree with pervious posters about this. Also,one morning, before my big presentation, they were supposed to send a wake up call to my room and did not. Then, when sightseeing, I asked the desk and concierge which bus went to the zoo..they didn't know...I looked it up, it is the number 7...when I asked where the bus stop was all they could do was guess, leading me on a 1mile goose chase. (Bus was near front of mall by Alamo, not any of the places they told me to go!)

OK, sounds like I am being picky? I had a po boy sandwich in their restaurant only to find a huge nasty hair in it. they apologized and did not charge me but it was so gross.

THis is really a budget hotel and the only ups are the location, the bed quality, and the free paper in the lobby each day. buyer beware.........

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

I look for this hotel becuase it's location... i used to stay in holiday inn at another cities but this hotel in particular, is the oldest i've ever stay before...worst than this, it's dirty, the rooms, the bath tube (there was hairs), the corridors...etc, nothing clean at all...... I ask for a crib too and I receive nothing...
Never stay again...