“Horrible NIGHTMARE!”

Ranked #279 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Horrible NIGHTMARE!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Upon check in, a housekeeper dragged a bag of trash BAREFOOT through the lobby, and yes, she was leaving a trail of "trash juices". We could hear a couple fighting all night beside us! Paper for walls? And what's with the big glass window beside the door? Scary!! My father had stayed before so I did not think too much of it. We told them upon check in we were staying for only one night, rather than two and this issue was not corrected. I did not even think to call to make sure I was not being charged for a second night, until 10 PM and was told call in the morning to speak with managment. When I did speak with management, she was very rude and extremly unhelpful. Now I have been charged TWICE for TWO nights when it should be ONCE for ONE night?!? HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY INFURIATED!!!!!!! |:<<<<<<<

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank katrina c
, Front Office Manager at Budget Lodge Fort Sam, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
As we value each and everyone of our guest some are never happy. Our recent guest stayed with us on an employee rate for 2 nights, also had a second room on a regular rate. After speaking with our valued guest we later learn that they had not stayed with us on the second night. Our front desk staff was made aware on the second night about 9:50 pm. Our cancellation policy is to notify front desk by 11 am the day you choose not to stay to avoid charges, A credit was issued back to our guest with the deepist apology for miss communication.
It is required by OSHA that every employee MUST have on shoes while working and shoes must be closed toe, therefore no employee ever works with no shoes on.
Quality Inn & Suites would like to thank our guest for calling back to the hotel and apologizing for the way they had spoken to our front office manager and staff.
Our property strives on treating each and every one of our guest with southern hospitality and its really unfortunate thats it goes unmentioned.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We checked into this hotel for trip to San Antonio to celebrate our 56th anniversary. Our handicap room was a generous size suite: a living room with a TV, a kitchen with sink and counter, frig, and microwave; a bedroom with king-size bed and TV; and a bathroom with a walk-in shower and lots of grab bars. However, there was no soap dish in the shower, so I found myself trying to figure out how to juggle the soap, washrag, and hand-held shower head. Though our room faced the busy freeway, once we closed our door, we did not hear the road noise.

The swimming pool was clean and inviting with tables and umbrellas to enjoy the outdoors. The grounds around the pool were well maintained.

Breakfast included waffles, bagels, bread, sweet muffin, hash brown potatoes, gravy, eggs, sausage, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, waffles, hot tea, coffee, orange juice, and apple juice.

I should be writing that for the points/price, this hotel is a winner, but I can't. The spoiler in this otherwise near-perfect experience is that at midnight when I wanted to check my e-mail, I could not get logged on. The desk clerk, Roshan, tried to help me. But 3 phone calls, 3 trips to the front desk, and 1 hour later, the bottom line was that I could not connect from rooms 101 nor 105. The workaround was to sit in the lobby.

Too bad, because we would have stayed another night, since we liked everything else so much. But if the lack of Internet access is of no concern to you, this is a clean, neat hotel with a great bed at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Internet worked only in the lobby. Did not work in rooms 101 nor 105.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is nice and rooms have fresh remodel including new beds. Pool is fantastic. Restaurant on property isn't open yet and the bar is open only on friday and Saturday. I enjoyed my stay and will be back

• Stayed June 2012
Fannett, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Traveling with the family during Memorial Day weekend and one of the only motels with a room available from Austin to San Antonio, so we decided to give it a try. I called to reserve a room and the attendant ask for my phone number because she was extremely busy. She informed me she would call me back. After 30 minutes and no phone call back, I pulled over and got online and made my reservation online. After arriving and getting checked in, we get to the room and the key would not open the door. I went back to the office and they gladly offered me a different room. We get into the new room and it felt like it was 90 degrees in the room. No big deal... We turned on the AC and sat outside while the room cooled down. When we go back into the room, my wife comes running out because of the HUGE coach roach running around in the bathroom on the countertop! Just a note, if you are a light sleeper, there is a train track very close to the motel, so the noise may be an issue!

On a good note... The water was hot, the beds were clean and comfy pillows!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank timvines5640
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The single mother who recently wrote a horrible review about the Quality Inn & Suites near Fort Sam-Houston must've had a bad day. I recently stayed at this hotel for an extended period (45 days), and the staff exemplified courtesy, professionalism, and southern hospitality. I did not experience any problems with guests disturbances or viewed unfriendly actions/attitudes from the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Hotel suites are spacious.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I am a wife and mom of a four yr old daughter who travel a ton. I booked the room thru an unpublished website for a three star rating hotel that was among holiday inns, drury inn, and the like. Never knew that three star rating meant outdoor motel with broken roofs and creatures in the room because pets are allowed.

When my family arrived at 1:30 pm, the Front desk clerk said she only had one room available at the time: check in is at 3. We opened the door to a musty smell, unleveled beds, and just felt like the minute you stepped out of the room, you needed to shower. We initially asked if we could cancel the room because our unpublished rate website would allow it if the hotel manager did. But to ourdisappointment, we HAD to stay there the first night. So we asked for a room near the inside of the hotel because it is very, very, very noisy. When we walked in the 2nd room, my husband goes to check out the bathroom and finds a massive cockroach crawling around. We killed it, took pictures and called the gm of the hotel. He apologized and brought us cokes? Said to give them "the hotel" a chance; it was just taken under "new management". We felt bad and slept for the night. I tossed and turned all night because of the overall gross feeling.

Morning came and my husband was waking up my daughter. He pulled back her blanket and found a TICK crawling around. I was so absolutely furious. My husband killed it to show them on checkout. My daughter was horrified and kept just saying she wanted to leave that place. So my husband take a look in our bed and finds another one. This time, he captured it in their shampoo bottles to show management. That's when we learned they accept pets.

We immediately left and upon checkout we asked for a refund because we didn't want to stay there to begin with but because they were unwilling to cancel our reservation; now my daughter was sleeping with ticks. What the heck! The GM refused to do anything about it. We left our evidence but have tons of pictures and video. I don't think that even people looking for just a bed and hot water deserve a night like this. No one deserves to be treated like this or stay in a place like this. If I could give it negative stars....I WOULD. Please dont stay at this hotel, understand what stays with you....including the management.

Help me bring down this star rating to what it deserves.....zero.

Room Tip: Outside rooms are basically on the freeway. Pick the inside rooms for ticks.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyVacationTexas
RbDipCj, Front Office Manager at Budget Lodge Fort Sam, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
This complaint that has been assessed against Quality Inn & Suites is not a valid complaint.It resides with the orginator, the unpublished website where the reservation was book originally. We reserve the right to comply or refuse refund to any reservation book through unpublished website, However as a courtesy the second night was credited back to the guest before they even had check in because of how they were treated by the unpublished website.
We at Quality Inn & Suites pride our customers and ensuring satisfaction of their stay at our hotel, Our property maintain high standard of professionalism, hospitality and, cleanliness through daily housekeeping and, routine maintenance treatment.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I would say you get what you paid for, but my brother-in-law paid the same price staying at a different Quality Inn and his hotel was WAY better than ours. Walking into the lobby it smelled weird (old building). We walked in the room and you can tell the hotel is old. Our phone was not working. I had picked it up to call the front desk to ask for something and it was dead. I checked the back to make sure it was connected, which it was, the phone was just old and broken. Once I called the front desk from my cell and mentioned that our phone was broken they offered to send maintenance to replace it. The breakfast was ok (scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, waffles, bagels, muffins, toast, milk, orange juice, and watered down coffee). Location of the hotel was not the best. Overall, I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family