Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$238
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
$214
$132
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsthe river walkthe shuttle driverfree shuttleel mercadoriverwalk areahotel shuttletwo blocksbreakfast buffetgreat ratefront desk staffan older hotelmini fridgespring breakconvention centeralamotexasfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Booked a night to be a tourist of my own city to enjoy the downtown hype. Everything was nice for what we paid for but staff and management needs to update their mattresses or spray the beds with bed bug spray because me and my partner walked out with bites all over us!!

• Stayed: December 2013
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

I am very sorry that was your experience. I asked my staff and did not see anything reported about this incident. If this happened as stated, I would need specifics to correct please call the main number and ask for the manager on duty. 210 225-3211 Ben Baker, General Manager.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

About a 5 minute walk to the Market Square & about a 20 minute or so walk to the Riverwalk. Parking is free, the staff was SO friendly & the hotel is located near both I-10 & I-35. That's pretty much where the benefits of staying here ends. The hotel itself is below average. Walls are very very thin. We could hear people walking down the hall & heard every word clearly that was being said, as well as conversations in the rooms as we walked down the halls. Doors slammed and I do mean slammed all night long. That made for a tough nights rest. The bathroom ceiling was covered in mold, no alarm clock, carpet was heavily soiled, but I could tell it had been cleaned as much as it possibly could I guess. Bathroom in lobby was dirty & in need of attention the one time I used it. I would not stay here again unless the price was VERY right. Otherwise I'd spend a few more bucks & stay at another hotel a little closer to the Riverwalk just & to get a better nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am very sorry you didn't get the quite you had hoped for. Our building is completely concrete so that is not a comment I normally hear, no pun intended. Hopefully in the future you will try us again we can usually get you into one of our end rooms which are away from most other rooms and guest traffic; they are quiter rooms because of their location. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We met at this hotel for a family birthday party - filled several rooms and had a great time in San Antonio. The hotel was freshly remodeled and beautiful. Very positive experience, but what made it perfect was our server, Brandi, at breakfast every morning. She was so delightful and helpful and went out of her way to make our mornings pleasant and enjoyable. Very accommodating and personable and just a delight to wake up to! Thanks, Brandi!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for sharing. I am sure your comments will bring a smile to her face. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We got the hotel at Motel 6 prices...good thing. Cons: 1.) Motel 6 style clientele. 2.) Rooms, hallways, elevators are old, worn, dirty, sometimes moldy/musty 3.)Hotel isc situated on the edge of downtown bordered by rather seedy elements. 4.) Water was always lukewarm-Called down to front desk everyday and hot water would magically appear. Pros: 1.) Free parking 2.) Slightly long, but walking distance to Alamo & Riverwalk 3.) Has nice breakfast room service 4.) Attractive pool 5.) Very helpful staff 6.) Not Motel 6 beds-Very comfy beds 7.) Balconies -handy if you have a smoker...

• Stayed: November 2013
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We do review all comments and try to improve on the suggestions. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Holiday Inn hosted our High School Marching Band during the UIL State Contest. There were 200 high schoolers and about 50 adults with our group. The restaurant manager went out of his way to feed our hungry teenagers a delicious breakfast before leaving for the contest. The hotel management organized the rooms perfectly - all of us were on the same floor! The management seems to know how to handle large groups! Plenty of parking! The only disappointment was the carpet in our room was a bit worn/dirty.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind words. We enjoyed hosting your group. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager