“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #127 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Hadfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed for three nights whilst on a JustYou tour of Texas and New Orleans. The bedroom I had was very modern and luxurious. A view over the Riverwalk would have made it even better. Being on a tour, I had little connection with the staff so would be unfair to comment. Breakfast was of the usual Holiday Inn high standard. A great hotel to visit in an astounding location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for the great comments glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff at the front desk on check in and out were so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and spacious. A little older but all fine. Great location for downtown so we walked to the riverwalk and Alamo which was about 8 blocks. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for commenting on my staff. I'm sure they will enjoy hearing your kind words. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family and brother went to San Antonio for a weekend visit, he made the plans to sleep over at this hotel, for many years I passed this place, it’s nice, the rooms we got had been nicely clean, the overnight experience was great, the only thing I wouldn’t recommend is eating in the restaurant they have, its $$$ and not all that great in taste, we went out to enjoy our breakfast. The pool is nice, just have to be careful a bit there, not a lot of child safety measures. It’s a bit of a walking distance to the riverwalk, but is SA, and it was cloudy so pretty much we enjoyed the walk.

Room Tip: Pick rooms that arent near the two main streets, the ones at the back are the quieter and more clean...
Thank you for sharing your experience. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager
Alice, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here while my son was tryin gout for the Talons. For a Holiday Inn, its a pretty nice nice one. We checked in rather late that night, staff at check in was very nice. The room had a king bed with a small sofabed, also had a coffee maker, and 35" TV. Bed was very comfortable and the black out drapes shut out most if not all of the light. Hotel also had a restaurant which was closed but since we ate earlier it didnt matter. Also has a pool too. Kind of a bad neighboorhood around it. But no problems at all. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room higher up, but to we were on the first floor and it was rather quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words. Not sure if it was the brand new 6 story main police station, the newly renovated 1910’s historic church or the Marriott Courtyard that made you think it was kind of a bad neighborhood? I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Hope your son had a good experience with the Talons too. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager
St. Marys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a little off the beaten path when it comes to the location. you will walk about a mile or so to get to downtown/riverwalk, but the facility is alright, they have redone the bathrooms, they look great, unfortunately there is nothing they can do about the size, they are a little but cramped, nothing bad, just a little on the small side, the staff is good, the wifi works like a champ.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for the comments. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This Holiday Inn is okay. The facility itself is nice. The rooms were clean and updated and each had a balcony that you could walk out on. We had an issue at check in. We arrived at the hotel around 4:00 p.m. and were told that our rooms were not ready and that it would be about a 15 minute wait. Unfortunately the wait ended up being over an hour. Apparently, house keeping was running behind. It probably would have been a much longer wait had we not insisted on a room and offered to split our party up onto different floors.

The shuttle took us to the Riverwalk and we were able to walk back to the hotel. It wasn't a short walk, but was pleasant enough and do able. The Market Square is about a 3 block walk. We had the shuttle take us to the Alamo Dome for an event the next day. He dropped our party off right at the front door. When we called to have them pick us up at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Sunday we were told he had already gone home for the day.

Overall the hotel is nice and clean and in a so-so location. I will probably look for something else on my next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. Sorry the check in was a little slow for you. We do our best to make sure that everyone has their requests met with room locations and keeping groups together. But I will make sure my front desk staff gets to see your comments so we can continue to improve in that area. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager
TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I entered the facility and immediately smelled a damp smell. I noticed a few patched area in the ceiling of the entry lounge so I thought that it was just residual from a leak that was fixed.

I asked for a room fairly close to an elevator as I walk with a cane. Nope. I was given a room at the end of two vey long hallways- at the furthest win. I noticed the damp smell as I was walking toward my room and wondered if it was mold I was smelling. It hadn't rainned recently.

I opened the door to my room & smelled-mold. I checked the room & noticed a white residue in the grille of the room heater/air conditioner. The smell was so over powering. I contacted a front desk clerk & was told I should be able to change to a different room later that day.

I decided I could not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check your room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Please accept my apology for your experience. We do our best to accommodate each guest request made as to location of room and unfortunately it sounds like we were unable to fulfill your special request. I understand that can be upsetting to some guest. One thing we do try to offer an options. I hope that in the future you will give us another chance. Safe Travels! Ben, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels