“Holiday visit”

Ranked #118 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
brownsville,tx
“Holiday visit”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Have stayed here before and had same good clean room and great service. Easy check in and out, Free parking and very close to everything(highway, downtown). Great pricing too. Would recommend it again.

Room Tip: choose room on west side (highway side) for less sun in the afternoons.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank justtraveling_12
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Ben, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Natchitoches, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Eleven of our family members from kids to great-grandmother stayed for three nights at Holiday Inn on West Cesar Chavez in San Antonio last week. From the time we arrived after a 9 hour drive to the time we drove away, we were completely happy with this hotel. The front desk staff was patient with our crew, as was the bartender. Kudos to Lulu in administration and Steve the shuttle driver for making our stay personable and very enjoyable. Hotel is well maintained, clean and quiet. Close to great Mexican restaurant and the Riverwalk. Just off the Interstate. It was a great choice that we will return to.

Room Tip: ask for a view of downtown skyline
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so sharing your experience. I am so glad your family had such a wonderful time at our Hotel and in the city.

Safe travels!

Ben, GM
Spring
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very friendly and helpful service. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to downtown sites, but the 15-20 minute walks is easy and provides interesting and historic sites to see along the way to The Riverwalk, Alamo, or Convention Center.

Internet service is very weak. I had to sit in the hotel lobby in order to get decent reception. The bath towels were small and light - definitely not the standard towels I'm accustomed to at other Holiday Inn hotels.

I saw flyers from various local eateries outside room doors and under my door. I expressed my displeasure about the unprofessional appearance and was told that it happens often despite complaints to the offending restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I have called my internet provider to confirm that our system is running correctly based on your comment. The Pizza flyers under the door are an unwelcomed business practice that Hoteliers throughout the city are dealing with on a daily basis.

Spring, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Strengths: Helpful staff, good breakfast buffet (I paid $10 extra for the buffet at time of reservation), quiet room, clean room, location next to tram/bus stop across the street (yellow route), room close to elevator, allowed us into room 2 hours before check-in, friendly to our two young boys, free map of tourist sites, gave us a coupon page, free parking, close to downtown tourist spots, competitive price
Weaknesses: The door to our room wouldn't lock properly and we had to ask for maintenance staff just as we were headed out to take in the sights, the door underneath the sink fell off, the heater produced a foul odor (far above the normal burning smell that heaters commonly give off--the smell required that we sleep without the heater though the room didn't get uncomfortably cold), had to unexpectedly pay more for the buffet breakfast (my e-mail confirmation said, "Includes breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room," but when we arrived for the buffet we were told that our breakfast which I assumed was covered would now cost me extra--the buffet was $10.99 per adult and they told us we had a $20 voucher, meaning that we paid $5 extra between paying the overage and tip for a sit down meal; thus, I thought it was a bit deceptive that my $10 breakfast buffet would actually cost me $15)
Overall a good experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Great useful comments thanks for sharing. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. I haven't had the breakfast coupon comment come up recently I will go back to the staff and make sure that we are on the same page. Thanks again.

Austin
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here one night over the veterans day weekend. Simply put - the rooms are old and filthy. There is no excuse for a hotel chain of this magnitude to allow the conditions of there hotel rooms to become like this. We went to three different rooms and all of the rooms had a yucky old wet mildew smell to them. The carpet was dirty, the beds were lumpy, the hallway carpet was dirty, and staff appeared unconcerned. And to put the nail in the proverbial coffin...We were offered free breakfast (which was a very nice gesture on the part of the morning manager), however, we couldnt get anyone to take our order in the restaurant they were no where to be found. Very dissappointing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Particularlady
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments I am sorry it sounds like you had a not so favorable experience. It is my teams goal to make sure that every guest has a safe and satisfying stay. Please accept my apology. If you would like to discuss further with me the main number is 210 225-3211.

Safe Travels
Ben. General Manager

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Bridgeport, TX
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was nice, clean, and had a nice buffet breakfast. As a motorcoach operator, I see lots of hotels and motels on tour and charter trips. My The experience here was very good, for one they made a very convenient arrangement for the parking of 5 large motor coaches. They get 4 our of 5 stars from me.

• Stayed November 2012
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for the comment and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you real soon.

Kalamazoo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Steve's vast knowledge of San Antonio was extremely helpful in planning our activities. His fantastic selection of restaurants led us to the best food in the area. The holiday inn is very fortunate to have such a caring and upbeat shuttle bus driver.

• Stayed November 2012
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for the comments I always share them with my staff. I will make sure Steve gets recognition at our next staff meeting.