“Air Force Reserve Graduation”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #122 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Orlando, Florida
“Air Force Reserve Graduation”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was not the best Holiday Inn that I have ever visited. The decor was dull and the floor needed some repair. I was surprised considering the location. I thought that it would have been more upscale, which is how the other Holiday Inns was that I had visited.The staff was very nice, polite, and informative. The resturant in the hotel was nice and clean and the food tasted really good. I enjoyed the drinks at the bar (I was on vacation) and talking to the shuttle driver Steve. Steve was great!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for the comments. I will make sure Steve gets to see them.

Safe Travels!
Ben, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a pleasant and hassle free stay. Rooms were spacious and beds were comfy. Plenty of outlets for chargers plus free wi-fi. I liked the water saving toilet "half-flush" option. Wish I could retrofit my home toilets! The main reason for the four star rating is the average quality breakfast buffet for $10.95. Hey - at least offer fresh waffle maker at that price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts.

Safe Travels!
Ben, GM
Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited San Antonio for my daughters airforce graduation. The hotel staff made it a wonderful experience. Special thanks to Steve, the driver, his words of encouragement were much appreciated. The location was perfect, right off the express way. Room service, free parking and the cleanliness were suberb! Booking them for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing and congrats on the graduation!!!

Winston-Salem. NC
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great place to stay if you are in need of free parking and a fun place to stay. It so true that when you reach out to people most will reach back with open arms. The folks that work there for more than friendly and so very helpful. I would go back there just for them. We had a very warm and nice visit because of them.

Room Tip: Just ask them where they would go if they were staying in that hotel. They know the hotel and will b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. They made my day!

Safe Travels
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Service was excellent and brought with a smile. Check in and out was quick and smooth, gave me great directions to my room.Great size room and bathroom with accessible balcony. Clean updated bathroom , two sets of pillows firm and soft marked on outside to identify them beds were comfy, flat screen good size TV, Iron, Single cup dispensing coffee maker,wifi all worked great.Pool was a little cool but it is october. The pool was clean ,there was also a baby/toddler pool and hot tub. Lots of Vending machine options even one with microwave nearby to heat up hot pockets etc for the late night cravings. Laundry room and fitness small but served the purpose. You can request room with refrigerator or microwave but they have a limited amount of them.
I would definitely recomend the breakfast vouchers. We had vouchers for 20 dollar value from resturant and the food was great. Just watch the price of what you order. Manger /host of resturant cared very much about the food and service we recieved.
Location was close to highway but you cannot hear it, walking distance from market SQ. Too far to walk to riverwalk but hotel has a free shuttle and the drivers were very informative and prompt. There are trolley and bus stops right in front of hotel also.
Most importantly if you have stayed near riverwalk the PARKING IS FREE! Which can be hard to find. many charge up to 28 dollars a day.
We went to sea world second day and it took a little less than 15 min staff highlighted a quick route for us to take and gave us coupons for admission.

Room Tip: There are elevators and ice machines wouldnt want to be near them. 4th floor has laundry and smoking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like you had a great stay.

Safe Travels,
Mineral Wells, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am a Priority Club member, and I work at a IHG property. I had reserved 4 rooms for the Women of Faith conference at the Alamodome. We got there about 3:30 PM. Walking into the property, no one on staff even talked to me. When I got to the desk, Jesus was the one that checked me in. I gave him my ID card and DL. He barely even said hi, never said "welcome" My keys were not even ready. I had to stand there while he made them all.. As for acknowledging me as a PC member... NOT A WORD WAS SAID!!! I didn't even get a thanks, or anything. VERY UN IHG. That is a Standard with this company. NO one told me anything as far as where the elevator was (there were 2, one was closer to our rooms, but we didn't find that one until we had taken the first one and walked around the whole floor. Then we found the one on our wing (the A/C didn't work in it). What time anything opened or closed. Since I work at a IHG hotel myself. I know what is expected of us. They did NOT meet even the minimum standards. . The ONLY friendly staff we incountered was Steve... he drove all of us (there were 16 of us) to the restaurant, then picked us up and took us to the Alamodome! He was VERY helpful and friendly.

The beds were hard as a Rock!! I think it is time for this place to get revamped... Not a good experience there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen4533
Karen,

I am glad I was able to find your phone number in our internal system and call you so I could speak to you. I am sorry you left my Hotel without speaking to me in person so I could have the opportunity to apologize in person. I will call your Hotel and see if I can be any further assistance.

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn with 2 of my best friends. We were recovering from the disappointment of a canceled cruise. So we booked our stay and drove down to San Antonio. The room opened unto poolside on the first floor. Beautiful landscape and quiet serenity. I loved the outdoor spa. The location is perfect. Not too close to, or far from, major highways, the Riverwalk, The Missions trail, and good restaurants. The rooms were clean and fresh. The lobby and front of the hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and attentive. Especially Tonya who, I think, was a desk supervisor and Mike Cano. They helped us continually with directions, things to see, and great dining. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the breakfast menu in the hotel restaurant. I'm ready to go back. And I will!!!!
Debra Hill
Fort Worth, TX

Room Tip: The 1st floor is great poolside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Wow! This is why we are in this business. To take a not so good situation, your canceled cruise and turn it into a wonderful relaxing vacation get away! Thank you so much for sharing your experience I know my staff will really get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading it. I did! Oh and by the way you can come back anytime. LOL!