“UNFRIENDLY”

Ranked #119 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Mineral Wells, Texas, United States
“UNFRIENDLY”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am a Priority Club member, and I work at a IHG property. I had reserved 4 rooms for the Women of Faith conference at the Alamodome. We got there about 3:30 PM. Walking into the property, no one on staff even talked to me. When I got to the desk, Jesus was the one that checked me in. I gave him my ID card and DL. He barely even said hi, never said "welcome" My keys were not even ready. I had to stand there while he made them all.. As for acknowledging me as a PC member... NOT A WORD WAS SAID!!! I didn't even get a thanks, or anything. VERY UN IHG. That is a Standard with this company. NO one told me anything as far as where the elevator was (there were 2, one was closer to our rooms, but we didn't find that one until we had taken the first one and walked around the whole floor. Then we found the one on our wing (the A/C didn't work in it). What time anything opened or closed. Since I work at a IHG hotel myself. I know what is expected of us. They did NOT meet even the minimum standards. . The ONLY friendly staff we incountered was Steve... he drove all of us (there were 16 of us) to the restaurant, then picked us up and took us to the Alamodome! He was VERY helpful and friendly.

The beds were hard as a Rock!! I think it is time for this place to get revamped... Not a good experience there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen4533
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Karen,

I am glad I was able to find your phone number in our internal system and call you so I could speak to you. I am sorry you left my Hotel without speaking to me in person so I could have the opportunity to apologize in person. I will call your Hotel and see if I can be any further assistance.

Ben, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn with 2 of my best friends. We were recovering from the disappointment of a canceled cruise. So we booked our stay and drove down to San Antonio. The room opened unto poolside on the first floor. Beautiful landscape and quiet serenity. I loved the outdoor spa. The location is perfect. Not too close to, or far from, major highways, the Riverwalk, The Missions trail, and good restaurants. The rooms were clean and fresh. The lobby and front of the hotel was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly and attentive. Especially Tonya who, I think, was a desk supervisor and Mike Cano. They helped us continually with directions, things to see, and great dining. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the breakfast menu in the hotel restaurant. I'm ready to go back. And I will!!!!
Debra Hill
Fort Worth, TX

Room Tip: The 1st floor is great poolside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Wow! This is why we are in this business. To take a not so good situation, your canceled cruise and turn it into a wonderful relaxing vacation get away! Thank you so much for sharing your experience I know my staff will really get a warm fuzzy feeling from reading it. I did! Oh and by the way you can come back anytime. LOL!

Papillion, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just spent the weekend a first timers to the San Antonio area. This Holiday Inn is close to the Riverwalk area, but not that close. The hotel has a shuttle that takes you to the Riverwalk or you can take the trolley which stops in front of the hotel. The shuttle is free (although the driver was so good he deserved to be tipped) and the trolley cost $1.20 one way but you can ride it all over and there are special prices for senior $0.55 and children. The hotel was clean, our room was quiet, they have a bar and restaurant, no complimentary breakfast, workout room, pool, etc. Agree with one traveler who wishes they would have microwave/refrigerator. Wish they had a shuttle to the airport, but no. The Kings District area with the beautiful mansions is only 3-4 blocks away. We ate at the hotel and was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised our food was good. The staff is out to please. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back on the third floor which was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
The you for allowing us to host your first trip to San Antonio. Sounds like you had a great stay and got a little site-seeing in as well. Thanks for sharing!

Safe Travels
Milford, Kansas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn for our nephew's graduation from Air Force basic training and had a great time! The rooms were clean and well kept; would have been nice to have a microwave/small refrigerator for those of us staying an extended amount of time, but there was a microwave near the vending machines.

Steve, the shuttle driver, was exceptional! He provided us with discount coupons, advise on local attractions and directions, and hauled us around numerous times. Always just a phone call away! He took the time to take us off the beaten track and show us some of the hangouts for "the locals" and some points of interest on the various trips we took. Couldn't have asked for a more helpful guide!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I will pass on to Steve as well.

Safe Travels!
Ben, GM
Topeka
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice accommodation and nice staff. The best amenity experienced was from Steve, the shuttle driver. He was an absolute pleasure. He not only would drive you anyplace within reason, he was a wealth of knowledge for visitors to San Antonio. The staff was all very friendly and I would highly recommend this location for anyone coming into San Antonio. We were here for a military graduation, but we will return for vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Steve and the Staff.
Safe Travels
San Angelo, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our rooms were clean and comfortable, and the service was fantastic. Steve, the shuttle driver, is more than happy to take you wherever you need to go. I highly recommend this hotel! It is a great location in the middle of downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Wow, thank you for the kind words. I am glad you had such a wonderful stay. I will make sure that Steve get to see your comments.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got a great deal so we grabbed it and took a chance. It was wonderful-clean, roomy, modern. Free parking and a patio door that led to a gorgeous pool. Very friendly staff. Definitely recommended. I'm not sure why some visitors gave bad ratings!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerBBaker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Hotel to have your vacation at and taking the time to share your experience!

Safe Travel,