“pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Victoria
“pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed for Fiesta weekend had a good time,it all started with the friendly staff at front desk Mrs.Tanya and Mrs.Laura really made it easy to check in on Friday, had a full house.
Also to mention the power went out and the day staff did a really good job in handling peoples needs and made them and my family confortable under the unfortunate situation that had nothing to with hotel,My appreciation goes out to all staff,Oh not to mention the friday night staff it was the manager and a young lady they made sure i was check in and that all was well
Thanks again

Room Tip: to me and my family all rooms are ok
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing us and sharing your great comments.
Safe Travels
Ben, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed with my family to celebrate Fiesta Week. Everything was great until the hotel lost power. We stayed in the lobby waiting for the power to turn back on, some empolyees looked lost but one, a pregnant front desk agent.She looked mad and very upset. Talk about Hormones!!!! The way she was, being rude, rolling her eyes and complete disrespect to her manager who came out immediately after the power went out. Although she looks young and inexperienced she took charge, notifed the city and put her staff to check elevators and etc. She did an amazing job staying in the lobby and keeping guests informed. The pregnant agent clearly did not agree with her and so she walked out. UNPROFESSIONAL! To top it off the front desk manager Jamie showed up. He knew nothing that was going on asked the older gentleman (1st manager that showed up)to fill him in then got on his phone saying he had everything in control. He took all credit with a smile on his face. We really hope the restaurant manager gets some credit for doing an amazing job, staying in the lobby, answering questions and keeping a smile on her face while not only having to apolgize for the power but her rude agent. But they are not all bad, the other two agents Tammy and Jesus did a great job at taking direction and giving great service.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jessica g
Thank you for sharing your comments.

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

All of the standard things you expect from a hotel are here. Friendly staff, clean, etc., etc. We stayed in room 117, which had a sliding glass door to the parking lot. It is probably just me, but it gave me the feeling of a Motel with access to the outside, instead of a hotel. If I was a female, no way would I stay on the first floor. I woke up all night hearing noises outside. My recommendation would be to get a room on one of the higher floors. Those seem safer. Our bathroom was tiny, with a little sink and since I was traveling with my wife, it was not enough space to put all her belongings on.
I am gold status with priority club and usually get a free breakfast with my room at Holiday Inn. I was told by staff when I asked that priority club had changed its policy and no free breakfast. I did eat the breakfast and it was OK, nothing spectacular. Kind of like a meal I would expect for free at Hampton, La Quinta, or the 100 other similar brands that have free breakfast, so Poo Poo to you priority club for taking this away from us.
It is a three block walk to the Riverwalk, so this is a good, much cheaper alternative to the riverwalk hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the comments. Our first floor rooms are some of my most requested rooms because of the easy access to your vehicle, however we usually can accommodate requests for upper floors that you might feel more secure. Many times it just comes down to personal preference. Hope that helps.

Ben General Manager
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stay there with my family and had great days here, let the car there, parking is free and enjoy the city. Pool-Area is included to relax and is nice. We enjoy also the breakfast in the morning.
The Hotel is only few minutes from the Riverwalk and Alamo with the bus or taxi is easy and not eypensive to get there. By bus around all 20 minutes for 1,15$ per Person.
The Personnel is very helpfull and support us for the seightseeing.
But absolutly the best is that I lost my camera in this Hotel and then I call them next day and the Housekeeping found it and send it to me.
This is not ordinary and I would say the Team of that Hotel is very very good and the managment would be full of pride for her Team.

Next time in San Antonio I stay there again fur sure. The price-quality ratio can't be better

1 Thank Juergen M
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn San Antonio Market Square we do appreciate your business. I am happy that we were able to get your lost camera back to you. We get many items that are accidentally left behind and we always enjoy reuniting owner and item.
Nahant, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel is well maintained and well run. Rooms are quite nice for the price and the pool area is lovely. It is near the Market Square attractions. Overall, a good value.

1 Thank jackd_10
Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Safe Travels
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I own a multi million dollar company and spend a lot of time traveling. I have to say this hotel has been the best of them all. From the manager Ben to the shuttle driver Steve. From Tonya at the front desk in the mornings to Tammie in the evenings. From the lounge and restaurant to the private balconies. From the pool to the hot tube, to Officer Trish.
There is no other place I would rather be than right here in San Antonio. Close to downtown and the river walk and its only a shuttle drive away, that runs all day and Steve will pick you up as well.
The cleaning staff are above and beyond. Its a nice surprise to return to your room spotless and not have to worry about any of your personal items disturbed or missing.

I can not say enough about how great my stay was here. Thank you everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe W
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
WOW I will make sure to pass your comments on to my staff. I am really glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to let us know!
Ben General Manager
Hutto, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have been staying at the hotel 1 to 3 nights a week for 8 months. While the facility is an older building, it is clean, kept up and comfortable. Unless you are looking for the Taj Mahal, you will be pleased with the rooms, amenities and the value you get when you stay here. All that being said, however, what really puts this hotel over the top for me is the hotel's staff. They are extremely friendly and pleasant. One staff member, Tammie Wall, is outstanding to the point that she is the best ambassador the hotel could possibly have. Whatever they are paying her isn't enough. She remembers guest names and greets them by name whenever she sees them. She dedictates herself to guests, making it her personal mission to ensure that all is as it should be. The rest of the staff are wonderful too but Ms Wall stands above everyone. Overall, I continue to utilize this hotel for my buisness trips to San Antonio becasue Ms Wall and the rest of the staff sincerely care about the hotel's guests and the rooms are comfortable. Consider me a very satisfied guest. Mark Franken

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark F
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
I am so glad that you had a wonderful time at our Holiday Inn. It makes our jobs all worth the while when we can take care of our guests and it is appreciated. I will make sure your comments are passed on to Tammie. I am sure she will be excited to know that you took the time to recognize her. Thank you.