“Not So Good”

Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #143 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I was taking my bridal portraits during fiesta and needed a place to stay. I tried priceline and got the Holiday Inn Select. It is supposed to be a 3 start?? I was thinking more of a 2 star. I felt like I was at a super 8 or motel 6. It is very old and dirty. I was moved a few times becuase of room issues. Toliet, shower, but this happens at even the best of places. That is not what made it so bad. All three rooms were dirty and arranged very strangely. You cannot see the TV but from one bed. This was not a problem, because I was by myself. It would be a problem for people sharing the room. It just did not seem like that safe of a hotel. There are many entrances and being a single female by myself I did not feel safe. The resturant is a complete joke and they really don't have anything to serve nor enough seating for more than 20 people.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank abdm01

Reviewed June 11, 2006

My family and I stayed at the San Antonio Holiday-Inn Select from 6/9-6/11. Like many other travelers on this post, we used Priceline to stay at this hotel. We were happy with the rooms but would not stay there at the full rack-rate price ($142.00/night for the dates we were there).

The rooms are a bit old and outdated, however, they are clean and our AC worked very, very good. You need that for the Texas heat. The rooms are spacious and ours included a sofa bed which made it nice for our small child. The linens were plentiful and smelled fresh. Their employees are very friendly and always said hello to us. We read other posts of how the walls were paper thin and we HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THAT. I don't know if it was because they have made improvements or if the hotel was not fully occupied but again, we had no complaints there. There is parking security at night and our car was safe both nights.

There are about 3 restaurants at the hotel and nothing is free except the coffee in your room. No breakfast vouchers but you could order room service if you wanted to pay about $15 per person for breakfast. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and the hotel also has a pool and a jacuzzi which were both working. The pool faces the freeway so it was a bit noisy but the pool-area was very big so you could grab your chair and move it far from the rear.

In all, this hotel is average with nothing outstanding but would stay there again if we paid the same price as we did when we were there and NOT the full rack-rate. If you are single, and looking for a good time, this is probably not the place for you as it is family oriented but the location is good if you are looking for that.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed November 14, 2005

I reserved a room here for one night on Priceline ($60, incl tax). There were no 4-star airport hotels available on Priceline so I knew I was taking a risk. After I received a reservation at the Holiday Inn Select and read the reviews on TripAdvisor, I prepared myself for the worst--particularly since I am sensitive to noise. Fortunately, the hotel was not full the one night I stayed there, so I wasn't sharing wall space with neighbors. That said, you could tell the sound insulation was very poor. General cleanliness was passable. Bedding was ok. Staff were friendly. Workout room was marginal-- some cardio, only 2 weight machines - one for chest, one for back. Pool faces the highway. You get what you pay for. The risks of this hotel are too great to recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2005
1  Thank SeattleCheesehead
Reviewed October 7, 2005

We booked this via priceline less than 24 hours before our stay. Contrary to other reviews, we did request non-smoking room via phone and at check-in and that was granted no problem.

Checking in on a Friday night at 10pm put a "bad taste in my mouth" so to speak. Entire lobby was terribly smoky, in fact the smell almost knocked me over when I opened the lobby door. Also, it was very noisy in the lobby from parties etc. in convention rooms--just had a rather seedy ambience downstairs.

Room was very clean, bed was comfy, and I would have no complaints with the actual room, except that as other reviewers stated, the walls are very thin and we had the bad luck to be next door to "partiers" so we were awakened several times by loud talking, laughing, TV, doors slamming, etc. That particular conduct is not the fault of the hotel, however, if rooms had better soundproofing one would not be at the mercy of the behavior of other guests. We also had quiet neighbors on the other side and could hear their TV as well, so even moderate noise can be a bother at this hotel.

Overall, I would not stay there again due to the below average overall feel of the hotel. There are so many other reasonably priced choices that there are not enough posatives to outweigh the negatives. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
manitoba
Reviewed September 12, 2005

We booked our room at the holiday inn through priceline four and a half weeks prior to our arrival date. I immediately called the hotel to reserve a non-smoking room because my husband has severe asthma and is allergic to smoke. The receptionist told me that there are indeed non-smoking rooms available but that we cannot have one because we booked through priceline. WHAT? I don't understand the logic with this. You would think that they would be trying to appeal to tourist and attracting repeat business.
I think this is extremely bad service that they refuse to accomodate us. We are dreading our stay at the holiday inn and we will avoid the holiday inn at all costs in the future.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
El Paso, TX
Reviewed August 14, 2005

The room had some stuff from the prior guest. But they do a great wedding and free internet was nice. Try the room service breakfast rather than the breakfast buffet, same price. Nice pool/whirlpool. Take a hard copy of your internet hotel confirmation.

• Stayed: July 2005