“Centrally located and convenient”

Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #120 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Murrieta
“Centrally located and convenient”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for a week. Very comfortable and conveniently located next to restaurants and shops. Not to mention very close to the airport. They had a shuttle pick me up from the airport. It is also available to take you to nearby establishment if needed. The staff was efficient and friendly. They also have a restaurant and bar in the hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Holiday I, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We want to thank you for taking the time to respond and give us positive feedback. We hope on your next trip you get to take advantage of all of all the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forwards to servicing you again.

At you service

Cory Harp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a gross hotel!!!! Dirty rooms! Bad food! The hotel staff doesn't care. 1/2 the time I'm here either the key doesn't work or the room has not been made up!!!!!! Beds and pillows are uncomfortable!!!!! My company makes me stay here, so I have no choice but to stay here!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dexter L
Holiday I, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond, and let us know about any services that were not up to your standards. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced while at our property. Guest services, and guest satisfaction is our number one priority, and I assure you that we will look into each department and see what adjustments we can make to ensure quality and efficiency. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

At your service,

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

London
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. A little bit of a delay waiting for the shuttle bus which after a transatlantic flight was annoying but I do enjoy the shock of the warm San Antonio evening as I wait outside for it to arrive. Quick transfer to the hotel and prompt checkin and I was allocated a room on the club floor. I think this was one of the newly refurbished rooms and it was huge! Well fitted out with fridge and microwave. Dropped off luggage and went down to ask if there was a store nearby so I could get some water and supplies. They offered that one of the shuttle drivers could take me to WalMart or Target which I happily took up and the driver waited while I did a quick shop. Breakfast next morning in the restaurant was fine - I went for the 3 taco breakfast. I can't fault my stay at all. Nice clean big room and good service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MJT
We couldn't be happier that you were able to enjoy our recently renovated property. Thank you for the feedback, it truly helps us identify the areas that need improving, and which areas that we're consistent in. We hope to see you in the future.

At your service,

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I went on a new year holiday with my in-laws. They had a great time and everything was smooth. My wife and I, on the other hand had a terrible experience.
First our rooms (booked two months in advance) were not ready. They finally gave us a room which turned out to be a disabled room. I have nothing against mobility impaired people, but it's a very uncomfortable and dangerous room for us. So we asked to be changed. They were able to give a us a room at 11:00pm. And, of course, we had to carry our luggage.
I admit the rooms are nice and sleep quality is pretty good. But the best came the next day. We arrived at 1:00am. And the room wasn't made. Then I remembered that, during check in, another client was complaining about the same thing. It was no big deal except we had no clean towels or toiletries. I called front desk and they said they could give them to me, but I had to go down myself and pick them up. And I would have, had I not been in my pajamas already.
So I asked to have them be delivered at 9:00am the next morning. They assured me it would be so. Of course by 10:30am I had nothing. Again, in my pajamas, I found a cleaning lady who was kind enough to give me towels and shampoo. I asked for the other toiletries (my in-laws got shaving gel, razor, shower cap, etc), and the nice lady gave 5 more bottles of shampoo.
When I complained about this to the manager he apologized and, as a compensation, he promised my room would be very clean that day.
This hotel is a gamble. could be very good or very bad.

Room Tip: The hotel was being remodeled when I traveled. So rooms 3rd floor and up should be good as new.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Thierry S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had during check-in and the room accommodations you had fell below your expectations. We also apologize for the service you encountered which affected your stay negatively. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
McAllen, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

ease of use to the airport and travel - staff helpful and shuttle great to get you there in less than 5 min - standard places to eat around and not much in walking distance - great for park and fly safe

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recently stayed in this hotel over the holidays when the hotel was completely filled. The cleaning staff's actions were not acceptable. On one day, they came through the hallways knocking on doors at 8:00 a.m., asking what time people would leave so they could clean the rooms. The next day...they didn't clean at all! Management...here's a hint: being booked is not an excuse for failure. You are supposed to have enough people employed to handle the hotel functions at full capacity!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear dlonghorn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
TX
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Great stay! We were here for a conference and the staff was wonderful!!! Kelsey, Javier, and Dale were awesome! They were there from the first night to help with all our needs! Can't say enough good things about their hospitality!
We also ate in the restaurant and our server Jeremy was great!!! Our rooms were clean and the beds were all so comfy! Again a wonderful stay and if in the area for business or pleasure, I would definitely stay again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business