Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #120 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Ran poorly”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Recently stayed in this hotel over the holidays when the hotel was completely filled. The cleaning staff's actions were not acceptable. On one day, they came through the hallways knocking on doors at 8:00 a.m., asking what time people would leave so they could clean the rooms. The next day...they didn't clean at all! Management...here's a hint: being booked is not an excuse for failure. You are supposed to have enough people employed to handle the hotel functions at full capacity!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear dlonghorn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
TX
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Great stay! We were here for a conference and the staff was wonderful!!! Kelsey, Javier, and Dale were awesome! They were there from the first night to help with all our needs! Can't say enough good things about their hospitality!
We also ate in the restaurant and our server Jeremy was great!!! Our rooms were clean and the beds were all so comfy! Again a wonderful stay and if in the area for business or pleasure, I would definitely stay again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lansing
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We routinely hold conference functions for about 100 people and they stay at the property. We've been coming to this facility for about ten years and, I must admit, after our last meeting about six months ago, I was set on looking for another facility. The hotel was showing its age and the staff was so-so at best.

This year was different.

The hotel is in the middle of the remodel, so I don't know what the end result will look like, but the remodeled rooms are definitely a step up from the old rooms. I hope they replace the tile in the lobby as well.

The food for conferences is admittedly pricey, but the food is very tasty and there's a good variety. Definitely get the peach cobbler and the fajita buffet.

The biggest difference is evident in the people:

Roland is the sales manager I work with and he's been great to work with and goes out of his way to help. He always remembers us from function to function and asks specific questions about our people.

Josh is the front desk manager and he's new. He continually asked us if he could help us and made sure his staff quickly notified the A/V technicians and food prep if we needed anything.

Speaking of food service, Ruben is in charge of that. Apparently he'd only been with them for about 6 weeks (as of 11/8) and had already been promoted. In a word, he is "amazing". If I owned a business in San Antonio, I'd hire him at twice his current pay. Even though he was only in charge of the food, Ruben checked on us at least once per hour and made sure we had water or coffee. He took care of us so we could focus on taking care of our customers. After the first day of Ruben working with us, our staff repeatedly said how great it was to be working with him. I totally agree.

In short, if you're planning a business function, give this Holiday Inn a try.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow. A great breakfast in San Antonio with down home cooking. This was one of the best breakfast that we have had. Just like being in Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, or Knoxville Tenn. The staff was nice and food was great. Location of this hotel was near shopping and entertainment. Will Stay Again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice staff and the room service was great! Best meal I had on my whole trip. The staff even told me if I wanted to return my rental car that night they would be happy to pick me up at the rental return and take me to the airport the next morning. ( would save on car rental fee's)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cowboycapital
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here last Thursday and stayed on their brand NEW renovated floor. I must say, it's amazing what they've done so far. The room was bright, very clean and most of all very comfortable. The furniture is modern which I very much enjoy. I plan to be back in San Antonio next month and look forward to making this place my "home away from home!"

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Rocmen74
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading a couple of the newer reviews, I admit I was a little scared and considered changing to the Holiday Inn Express just down the street. But my experience was not as bad as some of the others indicated.

I was on the 11th floor and it seems that much of the publc areas had recently been updated. you could smell the fresh carpet. The rooms were nothing great, but certainly were not dirty, unkept or otherwise uninviting. Decor in the room was a little dated, but the bed was comfortable. There were signs of an older hotel here like the worn wood panels in the elevator and multiple paint jobs on trim, but overall, not too bad for a short business stay.

The fitness room had several pieces of cardio equipment and some dumbells. Although the pool itself was typical small hotel size, the pool area was larger than most hotels with plenty of seating for quite a few people. I ate dinner in the hotel restaurant/bar and it was pretty decent - not outstanding.

This place is maybe 5 very short minutes from the San Antonio airport. There are plenty of hotel choices and restaurants in the area. I'm sure there are much better hotels than this, but I didn't have any issues with my stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KenS9
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear KenS9,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C