Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$238
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
$214
$132
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
Agoda.com
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
  • Pool
All reviewsmile radiusbreakfast buffetfront desk staffrooms are cleanhotel restaurantbusiness traveleran older hotelbusiness tripenjoyed my stayshuttlelaundryhousekeepingconferencefreewayclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is my first review, so that should tell you something about my need to comment on this hotel. It's not a terrible hotel, it has good bones and a nice lobby area but that's about it. I paid around $50 on Priceline but I feel like the Holiday Inn Express/La Quinta would have been more comfortable.

The hallways to the room were spotted and stained (looked like bleach in some parts). This usually isn't a huge deal to me but they were just so glaring. The room was nice, good sized and spacious. The beds were t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e, let me repeat, just plain awful. I can sleep anywhere but my wife is more sensitive to beds and we both slept horribly. They were a step above a sheet of plywood but be sure to bring some extra padding with you. I felt like a spring was pushing into my back all night! On the pillow front, we had a king sized bed and we had four small square pillows for the entire bed...we tried to make the best of it but they couldn't cut it. I wish I would have taken a picture of the pillows, they were awful...trust me. Last week I stayed at the Marriott French Quarter in New Orleans, the bed was amazing, so I guess I was spoiled but really this bed was terrible BYOB (BRING YOUR OWN BED).

Our Priceline reservation included breakfast for two ($13.95 per person), I thought that would save this hotel but it wasn't able to redeem it. As I mentioned before, last week I stayed in the Marriott French Quarter and had made to order eggs, fresh fruit galore, meats, excellent coffee, etc. for $4.95 per person. This Holiday Inn charges the typical person $13.95 for their breakfast buffet. This includes snooty waiters (that offer juice but then upon hearing you want the buffet tell you to get it yourself), powdered eggs, a little bowl of fruit (it's called try to find a piece of pineapple in the cantaloupe), juice, bacon/sausage, terrible biscuits (it's bad when I don't finish an entire biscuits and gravy), cereal, waffle iron and some cold salsa. Last time I checked, I am in San Antonio... Where is the huevos a la mexicana? Where is the huevos rancheros? Where is the pico de gallo? Where are the refried beans and tortillas? Where is the FRESH fruit? Anyways, terrible breakfast, skip it for $13.95, if it's included with your reservation pick around a little...the cereal might be the highlight of the breakfast.

Bravo Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport for allowing me to nix Holiday Inn properties (just the main Holiday Inn not Holiday Inn Express) from places that I typically stay at. Why would anyone pay the rack rate of $109.99 to stay here?? ...crazy.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 11th floor for $15 more per night, it doesn't even include breakfast. All king rooms also have a sleeper sofa (if you have more than two people). The pool looked nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Russcular,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Traveled here for work and when I was told I was going to the Holiday Inn Select I got a little worried, thinking it was like an Express.
But the Hotel is large and upscale, however the decor is a little dated.
It is very convenient to all of the things I love in San Antonio like the River Walk and Market Square. about a 10 minute drive to both.
There is a great mall right across the street.
There food was good although a bit expensive, but that is to be expected in a hotel restaurant.
The Breakfast buffet, while pricey as well, was very good!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. We will be under going a complete renovation starting this summer and ending in late fall. We look forward to welcoming you back to San Antonio in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Perfect stay. Thanks!! All was very enjoyable. Room was clean and restaurant service and food were great. Having a Starbucks was a plus! Easy off and on from Loop 410. Nice mall and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Walking to the lobby it shows were they spend their money very nice upscale. The front desk guy was ok. But after getting onto the elevators I thought maybe I was using their service elevators. They were outdated and looked old. Stepping out and seeing the dirty old spotted carpet was gross and I didn't want to even see my room. Once in my room it was much better the carpet was decent and the bed was comfortable. The only thing I always bring my pillows but this time I didn't and I regretted in the morning. The amenities here are great . But they need to do some improvements. Also someone had a dog a few doors down and I could here it loud and clear. Next time I'm going to make sure it's a hotel that don't allow dogs since other people are not courteous on keeping their dog quiet!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AlmaRoDar
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the discomfort you experienced while staying with us. We are a dog friendly hotel I'm sorry that this disturbed your stay with us.

I also want to take this opportunity to let you know about our renovation this year. We have some exciting changes coming to our hotel.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been staying here for years.. I am a very loyal Holiday Inn customer, but sometimes everything must run it's course...time for me to reconsider my options..

The 11th floor "Priority Club" floor has become very disappointing....no computer available in the "lounge"....no complimentary water or pop in the lounge fridge...the ice machine is broken....
Hotel No Tell with Priority Club points..Que Lastima..??

The bar staff is exceptional..the menu is standard Holiday Inn fare....front desk crew is very efficient..sorry probably looking elsewhere for value

Stayed: January 2013
Holiday I, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are in the processing of gearing up for a renovation of the hotel and several great changes are on the horizon. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future and I would be pleased to personally speak with you about the exciting changes.

At your service,