“A Generous two stars”

Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #137 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Your standard Holiday Inn. Hotel staff was marginal. Had a problem with my room keys, had to lug all of my luggage back down to the registration desk to get another key. Asked one of the two staff at the desk to come with me because I thought the door key system was defective. They said thay they would take a different elevator and will meet you in just a second. 10 minutes later, they never showed but I fought with the door and got it open.

I mentioned my displeasure to the manager on duty and he gave me a disinterested, "leave me alone nut" look.

Would I ever bring my family to this Holiday Inn?? Absolutely not. There are plenty of nice hotels in the Riverwalk area....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thekubiaks

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. I booked through priceline and paid $75/night plus tax. The rooms and entire hotel were very clean and modern. The bar and pool area were nice and a pleasure to hang out in. They have an airport shuttle which we took advantage of. My only complaint was that the breakfast (not included) was pretty bad. I had the buffet and was disappointed at how few choices there were. Next time I'll know to eat elsewhere but otherwise I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was more than a bit nervous when I saw 5 buses drive into the parking lot ahead of us and unload hundreds of high school band members in town for a competition. We stayed on the 10th floor and never heard a peep. Nice pool area and patio. Complimentary breakfast but we had to leave for airport early in the morning and missed it. Close to Hertz car rental return area and airport. Good value, would stay there again.

Room Tip: We faced the east? parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve88765
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Second time at this location. First time around there was an OLD analog TV (as mention in other review) with controls on it missing and broken along with the OLD refrigerator (as stated before). I was able to book this hotel using Priceline Name Your Own Price and got an excellent deal once again. As soon as we walked into the room I noticed a new LCD TV along with a new refrigerator. Room seemed to be excellent until I noticed what appeared to be a "Love stain" on the ottoman. I called Guest Services which replaced it 20 mins later or so. As I woke up the first morning I found a small blood stain on the sheets so I requested housekeeping replace the linen (no cleanliness issues on first stay -May 2012). The second night we were woken by a LOUD housekeeper screaming and throwing things into the utility room. Wasn't able to sleep until 5AM only to be woken up at 6AM,7AM, and 9AM by the housekeeper. Perhaps I would have rated "Excellent" if housekeeping did a better job in cleaning and ensuring stained items are removed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank itsmeabel
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have an important warning for guests traveling with babies. To be fair, other than the crib, the hotel was okay. The rooms are fine, there are plenty of good restaurants close by, and there are some nice benefits like the pool and gym. Would be a 4-star place if they didn't set the crib up so dangerously. We stayed here with our 3 year old daughter and our 6 month old son. When we got our crib, the mattress was not a proper fit--it was too small. Ignoring the warning label right on the side of the crib, the hotel staff used multiple (stained) sheets to pad the mattress to make try to stuff it into the crib. They also put in an ill-fitting bumper guard that also was a suffocation hazard. I called the front desk to notify them about this safety concern and was told that we could get more blankets for the sides of the crib but there was no alternative to the crib (e.g. a pack-n-play). I ended up driving to Wal-Mart and buying a pack-n-play rather than going through the hassle of checking out the entire family when it was already past the kids' bedtime. When the housecleaning staff arrived to remove the crib, the housekeeper (a grandmother with grand babies) noticed that indeed the mattress was ill-fitting and should never have had all of the extra sheets and ill-fitting bumper. At least someone at the hotel understood the safety risk! When I had the chance, I advised the ladies at the front desk to better train their staff. Imagine if an infant died from suffocation because of this lack of education! While the front desk did offer an apology, there was no promise of educating the staff or any sort of compensation ("Hey, we endangered your kid... have a cup of coffee on me.") Guests with babies--beware!

Room Tip: Until they get new cribs (and educate their staff), families with babies beware!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear NanafromTexas,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the situation regarding the baby crib you received during your stay . Rest assured, your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Pleased and surprised with everything from the time we checked in until we left. Our hotel was close to the airport and featured amenities that allowed us to enjoy ourselves all weekend. Even though we were on the frontage road next to the expressway, we were able to walk to area restaurants on the sidewalk. We were in walking distance of North Star Mall, as well.
We ate dinner in our hotel and the snacks and dinner with dessert were truly delicious.
Our room, on the 7th floor, was clean, spacious and quiet.
The staff was friendly and very accommodating at all times and due to their friendliness we plan to return.
We were 7 miles from downtown, but the drive was easy and we found our way around to the AT& T Center/Freeman Coliseum and The Market Square for shopping and delicious Mexican Food at Mi Tierra restaurant.
Great get away!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NanafromTexas
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you need quick access to the airport, this is the hotel for you. Also, close to the shopping mall and not a bad drive to the downtown/river walk area. The rooms came with a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good pressure and was HOT. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a bar for drinks if you don't want to go out. I didn't use the bar. Lots of free parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business