“Wosrst Baymont I've Ever Stayed In” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Medical Center South

BEST WESTERN PLUS Medical Center South
Ranked #146 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, TX
“Wosrst Baymont I've Ever Stayed In”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July 2013. We picked it because we were in town for a surgery and it was close to the medical center. I was not very impressed with this hotel compared to other Baymonts I have stayed at in the past. It needs some serious updating and the room we stayed in did not feel all that clean. There was thick dust behind the bed and behind other furniture and the a/c filter had obviously not been changed in ages since there was a thick layer of dust on the ceiling where the vent blew. The room was also very small compared to what I am used to at American hotels.

The breakfast was so so. Waffles, breads, oatmeal and other pastries were offered but no protein. Scrambled eggs or sausage would have been nice. At least they had two waffle irons though. I have stayed at other hotels that offer breakfast and they usually have just one waffle iron which means it takes forever since each waffle takes about 2.5 minutes to make and one person from each group/family usually makes all the waffles for their group. That really holds up the line which is super annoying.

The hotel was a little hard to find. I booked it off of Hotwire and the address on the email that Hotwire sent me was totally wrong. I put it in our GPS and we ended up in the middle of some ghetto neighborhood. I had to call the hotel for directions twice for directions. The hotel was not visible from the freeway in the direction we came from so it was quite the ordeal getting to it. I informed the front desk about the address on my Hotwire receipt and they said they were going to notify Hotwire about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. There was a huge ceiling leak in breakfast area but it was cleaned up by the second day. I would recommend that the management instruct their staff to do a betterjob cleaning rooms. Not horrible but hate when I find long black hair in room when mine is blonde. Ick! Nice to have a pool and a good breakfast variety every morning. Would book again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boca Raton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The lobby had water spill of some sort so fans were blowing and arrived to my room to find the bathroom was barely clean and only 1 towel and the AC was not cool at all and there were stains of some sort on the floor - I kept my flip flops on at all times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Nacogdoches
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Baymont met all my needs. I had to leave another hotel. Expedia booked me at Baymont. I called to see if I could check in at 2 and was told they would do their best to have my room ready. After I finished my outing at the downtown Riverwalk I called at 1 pm and staff told me my room was ready!!! My first stay ever and I loved it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple