“Great Customer service”

Ranked #70 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
West Jordan, Utah
“Great Customer service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have to give a shout out to Jess the Front Office Mgr. She was so welcoming and recognized me as a Diamond member right off the bat. She was genuinely friendly and happy to make sure our stay was what we expected. Great asset to your property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonal P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Antonio Medical Center North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our staff and for highlighting Jess’s excellent customer service. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2012

First I'd like to start off with the customer service from Jess @ front desk. Warm welcoming with such a great attitude, even when the gentlemen in front of me was rude to her. She handled the situation promptly and with utter most professionalism, that the man apologized for being rude. I have to say that I like how she handled herself, when it was my turn she answered every question I asked, got me a room that made me feel like I was home. So clean and not just the room but the entire place was almost spotless from outside in. I will definitely refer this Quality Inn to anyone visiting San Antonio as well as Family & Friends. Thanks again to Jess, I wish there were more people like Jess, who cared about there work ethic as she does.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GickDune
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay! This hotel is right off of the highway and its near restaurants and shopping centers plus right down the highway (like a 8 min drive) it's fiesta Texas and the shops at La Cantera. My only down side is the price I actually booked my room thru hotels.com so I got a good deal but normally this hotel is pretty pricey. Oh and the gentlemen who helped us check in also said they are going to be renovating soon so make sure y'all don't get rooms while they are doing that (:

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank loveashlee
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is about as 'close' to being at Six Flags as you can get without having to pay a crazy mark-up price for the premium location. It's about a 5-10 minute drive to the park from here, and the best part is that you've 2 choices in a quick breakfast nearby - Cracker Barrel or Jim's. I tend to choose Cracker Barrel since it's consistently good, but that's for another review.

The first time I stayed here, I booked the wrong type of room on the Choice hotels website and realized it on check in. The C/S rep apologized for the mix up (even though it was clearly my fault) and got me into the right room pretty quickly. It was towards the beginning of August, and in San Antonio during this time of year is HOT. We walked into the room and it was easily over 100 degrees in it. Turning on the A/C afterwads, my wife and I went out to dinner and came back to the same broiling heat. I called the front desk and they immediately sought to make it right (not sure if my being a Choice Elite member had something to do with it).

About 2 minutes later (at about midnight), I heard a knock at the door and figured it to be maintenance - it was a front desk clerk with a luggage cart, offering to move our luggage for us as we were being relocated to a bigger, more comfortable room on another floor. We hadn't unpacked at all since arriving, so it was a quick change. Literally 5 minutes after making that call, we were in our new room (where the front desk clerk came up and kicked the A/C on *before* moving us) and it was cooling down immediately. At 12:10, I had the night manager call my personal cell phone and apologize, offering to discount my rate by a few bucks for the duration of my 3 night stay, and asking if there was anything else they could do for us.

By that point, they'd done enough to win me over and I have spread the word of the outstanding service at this property. It's on my favorites list when I'm on this side of town, and even if I'm not, I always consider it since I know exactly what to expect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrian S
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is located adjacent to a Jim's Restaurant and Cracker Barrel and just off I10. It's close to the Mecical centers and fairly close to the airport. The morning breakfast is good - scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, cereal, fruits, yogurt, and some assorted coffee cakes. There is a large atrium which gives the hotel a nice open look. Staff were very nice and accomodating. Rooms were a decent size, beds were comfortable, the bathroom area was a little small, but not too bad. Maintenance and upkeep seems to be good. We've stayed at several hotels in San Antonio and this one will probably be our "go to" hotel when in town. We thought the value was very good compared to others we've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tlaquepaque, Mexico
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here 6 nights with my family. The room was modest in size but clean and comfortable. Service was nice and the overall impression of the hotel was pleasant. A small pool area and gym were nice to have although two of the three cardio machines needed service. An included hot breakfast was served up to 9:30am and, although convenient, was not attractive enough to get us out of bed in time to enjoy it. It was nice to have a Cracker Barrel next door for a delicious breakfast at 11am! Great free WiFi.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The hotel was nice overall, but obviously older and in need of renovations. Our room was quite small but very clean. They had full breakfast each morning which was not very good. Staff was extremely helpful and very nice. The hotel was five minutes from Fiesta Texas, which was great! We will probably stay here again on our next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family