“Will always stay there.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #192 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Odessa
“Will always stay there.”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was my second time staying there during my vacation. I love the service, staff, breakfast, and happy hour. My car was broken in during a trip to the riverwalk and when we got back the staff accomodated us very well and made sure to keep an eye on our car for the night considering we didn't have a window. Anytime we ordered more towels or room service we got whatwe needed quickly.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I stayed there with my wife,daughter and son-in-law and three grandchildren. We really enjoyed our stay. We were very pleased with the breakfast, it was really a hit with everyone. Your staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the waiter at our breakfast table Sat. the 5th of June, we certainly were not expecting the service we received from him.
The only thing I would recommend is to fix the A/C register, I could not change it from blowing into my face, it was stuck.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights on a family trip to Sea World, Fiesta Texas and the Riverwalk.

Main benefits are the 2 rooms, free cooked breakfast, inside pool and atrium setup.

Main drawbacks are the 90's era TV's, small bathrooms and worn out mattresses but the room was clean and the staff very friendly.

If you are looking for an average room since you dont plan on coming to San Antonio to stay in your room all day then this is a good choice. Common areas were nice and well kept

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This Embassy Suites was excellent in every respect.

The suites were spacious, with tons of storage areas in each of the rooms. The rooms were nicely decorated and the furniture and bed were comfortable.

The workout room was very nice with televisions on all the equipment. Free weights were a bonus.

The visual look of the place with the atrium atmosphere and lots of activity on the ground floor was visually appealing. There could be plenty of noise in the atrium area but the bedrooms were quiet despite the activity.

The location was great for getting on the loop, going downtown or heading north and south. It was very close to UTSA medical center area if you have a student you are visiting.

There is plenty to do and lots of restaurants within 10 minutes of the location and the airport is only 8 minutes down the road. When I come back to San Antonio this Embassy Suites will be at the top of my list.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Aubrey, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I chose Embassy Suites because I have stayed with them before and had exceptional experiences....at other locations. I was very disappointed with this location, though. The bath tub had a large black mold or mildew glob on one of the soap trays and had the same black substance on the tile and grout of the tub. Very disgusting! the first full day we were there, housekeeping did not clean our room. I went down to the front desk and, very politely, told them that our room had not been cleaned. The young lady replied that she thought housekeeping 'might' still be there for the day. This was at about 6:30pm. By 8:30pm our room was still not cleaned. So, I went down and asked again for 6 sets of towels (we have 4 kids), 2 pillows and to have our trash emptied. There were 3 people at the desk....all shooting the breeze with another employee. I finally set our trash out in the hall and right away saw someone come and pick it up. About 30 minutes after my 2nd trip to the front desk, they delivered 8 towels to our room....not any washcloths or hand towels though..and the guy offered to make our beds. Would have been nice if our kids were not already asleep in them!!! Finally, at about 10pm I went to the desk a third time to ask for 2 pillows, for the third time, and found the employees (including the housekeeping guy who offered to make our beds) all standing there chatting. Again, they wrote my request on a paper then, magically, remembered that they had pillows right behind the desk!!!!!!!!! We finally took our kids swimming and found that the towel rack there was empty as well. the 6 hour drive home was worth the dry towels I have at my house for use after showers!! It was a dirty hotel, with terrible service from the front desk. To be fair, though, the hotel did have many polite employees...but evidently they were not in charge of our towels!! We will NEVER stay there again...which is a shame because it is actually close to just about everything.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
GMKeith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Ms. Roger, first of all I would like to apologize regarding the issues you came across during your stay with us. I can assure you this is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. A member of our staff will be contacting you to compensate you for the inconveniences experienced. We take these type of comments seriously and as a matter of fact I personally called an emergency meeting to discuss with the staff the issues mentioned to work on solutions to prevent moving forward. I know this stay was not a good one, but we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your family in the future.

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention!

Keith Harward
210 582-6520
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Terrific hotel with super friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and the free breakfast was perfect, Fast & easy. The manager's special was a nice surprise,keep that up. Location was very central especially if you are a golfer. The wait staff were very courteous and helpful. We will most definitely be staying at the embassy suites again. Great job!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Housekeeping is abyssmal. The front of house staff is always fantastic! Chris, the bartender from Brooklyn is wonderful. Breakfast has been great.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business