“Always a good stop-over for business” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #218 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
London
“Always a good stop-over for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel from time to time to San Antonio and always stay at the Embassy suites. Location wise it is situated within short distance to the freeway which makes the travel nice and easy. However, try to ask for a room which is not overlooking the road! It can make it noisy during the night and if you are a light sleeper that could spoil your night.

Apart from that, the rooms are big, the bed comfy, breakfast is OK and generous.

As said in the title, it is good for business, but would not take my wife on holidays there. Would rather stay in Central San Antonio.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are glad our hotel meets your business needs and will look into the comment regarding noice on the freeway side of our hotel. Look forwad to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

As my trip was business in nature, i did not personally choose this hotel but could not have been any happier with the result. this was one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. ambience, a generously sized room, delicious complimentary breakfast and a very attentive staff. i hope to return to san antonio for a pleasure trip and will without a doubt return to this embassy suites hotel. there were no negatives during my stay and that is somewhat rare these days. treat yourself to this delightful hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony - a nice touch.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It doesn't get any better than a perfect stay. We are glad everything worked out and look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

It is hard to beat the value for this Embassy Suites. It is less than 15 minutes to the airport, and it cost less to stay here than in the local Hampton Inn. The breakfast area was clean, well stocked, and the short order cook at the grill made excellent omelets for me every morning. The rooms are what you would expect at an Embassy Suites -- clean, comfortable, and well-serviced. The only negative about the hotel is that it is now looking a little dated, and they definitely need to spruce up their sign. Still, it is well located -- an easy drive north up the frontage road takes you to all manner of good restaurants and a new multiplex cinema. All in all, a good stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Great to hear your stay with us was a good experience. We will definitely look into the comment regarding the signage. Look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was staying here on a business trip since it was near to where my meetings were. The location is good for the freeway however my room overlooked it adn thus it could be heard at all times. Not too much of a problem, but something to consider if you're a light sleeper. The rooms were large and clean, and breakfasts were ok but a little limited.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side of the hotel, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay and look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Crystal City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed with 3 of our children ranging from ages 10-16. The 2 double beds with the pull-out sofa bed were more than enough room to sleep everyone comfortably. I am a major germaphobic and rarely feel comfortable in any hotel. However, I was very impressed on how clean our room as well as the entire hotel was. Everything about the hotel was amazing- the decor, the pool, the fitness center and definitely cannot praise the breakfast enough. There was such a variety. My kids completely fell in love with this hotel!!! The staff was awesome as well. We did have a slight problem with our air conditioning upon check-in, however Carmelo (maint) promptly fixed the problem with a smile, Chris, the bartender was extremely pleasant and Mr. Rojas was extremely attentive during our breakfast on both days. Best hotel we have stayed in!!!

Room Tip: Elevators are slow- stay within 1-4 floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your remarks regarding your stay. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
San Angelo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. It did cost a bit more than I usually like to spend but it was worth it. First it is huge, all the rooms pretty much look onto a huge square plaza that is 7 or 8 stories high. We were there with a group so the kids could go to rooms easily and see each other quickly which was nice. The breakfast was amazing. So many options, even an omelet station. Every kid went away full and happy. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit to our hotel!
Del Rio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I used to travel for a living - 54 flights in one year - spent a lot of time in hotels, and began to prefer Embassy Suites. This was a family trip, and our family agreed that Embassy Suites was perfect. Immaculately clean room - everything worked in room 809 on Christmas Day - quiet, nonsmoking room. All of the staff were perfect. The breakfast was perfect for a family with teenage boys who eat massive amounts of food. The hotel restaurant was great for dinner. The restaurant comped our family a large order of cheese nachos.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, be a Hilton HHonors member and ask for a higher floor corner room. Intern...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us over the holidays. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel!