“Great folks, Best value”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #201 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Great folks, Best value”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Two night stay and EVERYONE was terrific, friendly and professional!
Enjoyed the bar, free made to order breakfast, and restaurant. Had car trouble, so they provided me with shuttle transport. Very attentive and then promptly responsive to my needs. Kudos to David, Hotel Manager and his staff and special thanks to Rebecca, Front Desk!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank AUPixie
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We are glad that your stay was enjoyable with us and we were able to help you out regarding the car problem. We will ensure David and Rebecca are recognized and look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for a quick shopping trip to SA. A wedding was going on that evening, so we were bracing ourselves for lots of noise. Surprisingly, noise was not an issue, just lots of wedding guests and hotel guests straining the staff... Hotel sits right by a busy interchange (I-10 and Loop 410), but road noise was not an issue at all.

My room was nice and large - a standard for Embassy Suites. Parts of the hotel could use updating, but other wise, nice decor. Bathroom was very small, but the sink is located outside of the bath area, in the bedroom. A bit awkward at times, but overall a good idea, since there were 4 of us in the room. One person could be brushing his teeth without actually being in the bathroom.

Cocktail reception was nice. Breakfast was very busy, though we got to dining area at about 8:30am on Sunday, so the crowd was not too bad. When we left, it was crazy busy though. Kudos to the food service staff for keeping up with a sold out hotel!

With all the additional guests in the hotel, there was a shortage of additional bedding. When I called the front desk to request this, I was told they were out of pillows, but would have more in about 30 minutes. I waited an hour and went downstairs. I was told someone would bring me the bedding shortly - and within 3 minutes of getting back to my room, I had the bedding. When I accepted the bedding, I noticed there was no pillow. When I asked the young men bringing the bedding for a pillow, they looked at each other, then one said "but you asked for bedding, not a pillow." I replied, "I asked for bedding." One said to me "well, asking for bedding doesn't necessarily mean you need a pillow." I thought that was an unnecessary comment - though they returned within a few minutes with my pillow.

One other issue was the size of the elevators - they have 4 elevators, but they seem comically small. No more than 4 adults with luggage can fit comfortably in the elevator.

Overall, a good experience. I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms that are higher up don't have as much noise from the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We will utilize your feedback to make improvements in the items mentioned and in particular to how our team member handled the bedding situation. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel!
San Angelo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overnight anniversary and shopping trip. The Rim and La Cantera then over to Embassy. Very friendly staff. Good happy hour-wine and basic snacks. Then on to hot tub and pool. Clean and quiet. Busy at breakfast but satisfied both of us. Omelet and fixings for him, oatmeal and fruit for me. Very comfortable bed and quiet outside. Not like hotels around Six Flags. Good place for couples or family wanting laid back time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit!
Dallas
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last night with our two small children on the way home from vacation in South Padre. This hotel is a great value for a true two room suite---- a door between the bedroom and living area (with pull out sofa). We were able to tuck the little ones in for bed in the living room and enjoy longhorn football and free happy hour margaritas in the bedroom. Perfect!

I don't really understand the comments about this place being "run down". Are there a few loose strings on the not brand new bedspread? Sure. Was it built yesterday? No. But I found the place to be clean and modern and well maintained. No issues whatsover. The atrium is bright and interesting and our kids enjoyed it. The breakfast is delicious and a wonderful gentleman got us a high chair and brought us fresh orange juice without being asked and was so helpful and kind. Service was great all around.

A great experience for our family. And only 2 miles from La Fogata--tex-mex heaven!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit.
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed two nights with two children over the weekend. The rooms were clean and quiet. I would recommend requesting a room away from elevators. The breakfast area does get busy during the weekends. Parking can be a challenge as well. The location was centralized for us due to the quick access to I-10 or 410. Overall, great stay and will be back.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Tripguide1
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us with your family. We look forward to your return to San Antonio and our property.

Mexico
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was our second time at this hotel and well, the rooms are reasonably clean and comfortable, the price is convenient, breakfast is not bad (fresh omelets were good) and considering we spent only the nights there, it's ok. The staff is friendly but service is not exactly great. We asked for two extra pillows and a blanket and we got them 24 hrs. late. The rooms are comfortable but a few items in the rooms are getting old, linens, towels, rugs... The pool is run down and looks dirty. There's not much else to do so I'd recommend it only for business or family trips specially if the plan is going out a lot.

Room Tip: Upper floors are less noisy but elevators are super slow
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank studiobg
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. I'm sorry we were not more timely in getting your request to you. We will utlilize your remarks to improve our service and product items mentioned. We look forward to your return to San Antonio.

FL
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Check in was a breeze, clean room, very comfortable. Chris the bartender during the complimentary happy hour was great! They had a Bourbon Lemonade as the special drink of the night during the manager's reception and I really like it. Chris went out of his way during a busy night and wrote down the recipe for me. Great omelets and breakfast selection. We were traveling from Florida to New Mexico and made it a point to stay here on our trip back. Very convenient to the Alamo and the Riverwalk without having to pay the high riverwalk prices!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ROWAN36
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
We are glad your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Mentioning Chris, gives us an opportunity to recognize him. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.