“Restful comfortable rooms but VERY displeased with the apathy on managements part.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #207 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have no complaint about the room or the building in general but I did have what I perceived as a major security issue in my room. Some one entered while i was in the bedroom portion of the room( they removed the luggage cart) ... No knock on the door... No warning and i was undresed... Getting out of travel clothes.
I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a member of management..
twice and got no resolution or follow up...I don't feel safe at all.
This is a corporate visit... I am doing what I can to switch hotels for the remainder of the week.
Not coming back to this particular arm of the Hilton family.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank ShAronmarie3311
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate you bringing to my attention. My number one priority is the comfort and safety of our guests. I know our Hotel Manager has spoken to your regarding this matter and we have resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

Keith Harward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Broken Arrow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have a certain level of expectation for an Embassy Suites. This hotel doesn't meet those expectations. If I have a reservation, I expect to have my room available without a lot of hassle. First failed expectation. I expect the room to be well maintained. Second failed expectation. The a/c unit rattled very loudly. It make sleeping a little difficult. Parking is crowded and there are lots of signs warning you about locking your car or losing your stuff. It made me a little nervous. The housekeeping was also a little lacking. The people working the evening reception were always very nice. I was there 2 nights and the food at the reception was the same both nights, which suprised me. The service at the restaurant was slow, but the food was good and a good value. I would stay there again....I just have to moderate my expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
First of all, we're glad you enjoyed the Manager's Reception and the hotel itself, but I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay regarding the front desk issue and the air conditioner. We apologize for the issues in your suite and will work with our engineering team to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you return our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Wolfforth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had a nice visit, but I've got to agree with some of the previous reviews- awkward to get to, dated and in need of upgrades, and so-so breakfast. On the upside, though, the staff was very kind and helpful. Upon arrival, we were not pleased with our room view (air conditioners on the roof !) and when my husband asked if we could have a "room with a view", they assigned us a new room! I appreciated their flexibility and attention to customer service. Great place for families!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RedRaiderFan416
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in San Antonio and we're glad our staff could accommodate your needs. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. We look forward to your return to our hotel.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Although Embassy Suites seem to be going down hill, I typically choose this brand as it is a good option for a large family. We stayed here on the way back from a family vacation at the Texas coast. Were hoping for a relaxing break before heading back home. First of all the hotel is in a very strange location. Easy access to the freeway, but not close proximity to much else. The hotel is a little bit of a blast from the past. Seems as if there has been little done over the past few years regarding upkeep for this hotel from the lobby area to the rooms. The hotel was very crowded which did not help much. The four elevators often took over 5 minutes and there are only 8 floors in the hotel! The room was less impressive that most Embassy Suites. The bathroom was not large enough for even one small person to move around. The room smelled musty and the bathroom smelled like stale, wet cigarettes. Breakfast was chaotic and unorganized. Would not stay here again unless the hotel did a major overhall. Hilton should be ashamed of letting the Embassy Suites be a part of their family of hotels.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hellogoodbye_7
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us and I'm sorry we didn't met your expectations. We will utlilize your remarks to make improvements in all areas mentioned.

Usa, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

this hotel definitely needs some renovation. the hotel would be a colorful one in the 80s but the place hasn't been upgraded for years. The breakfast was modest for an Embassy Suites--I notice more and more variability and I would rank this one in the bottiom 25th percentile. One thing: this place still has some smoking rooms and if you arrive late, they'll try to put you in one. So call and remind them that you want non-smoking.

Room Tip: make sure to assure yourself a non-smoking room. and ask for a room facing away from I-10.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank reviewer613
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. Our staff will look into the smoking suite situation you mentioned to make improvements moving forward. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Everyone was super friendly here! Best value with the managers reception (happy hour with appetizers), and the breakfast buffet included. Clean hotel & clean rooms this was a great spot for the places we had planned to visit. The front desk was super friendly, we asked for a recommendation for a place for dinner and the girl even provided a map. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm glad our team provided friendly service and met your expectations. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

This location is one of the best Embassy stays we've had. Staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast well organized and of good quality. This has become our San Antonio go to location for our annual summer visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to being your Summer destination in the future.