“Great suite for family”

Ranked #38 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Great suite for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2009

When we travel with our children we try to stay at an Embassy Suites. This particular hotel is just as nice as any other ES. However this location doesn't have ducks, fish, etc. in the center court fountain like some other locations where I have stayed. However, it is still a nice hotel for a family with small children and makes traveling a breeze. The staff, especially Ugli, Albert and Reggie, really try to make your stay very pleasant. We also got an EXCELLENT rate through AAA.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JRsNeighbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

I've stayed at many Embassy Suites Hotels but this one was above and beyond one of the nicest I've stayed in! You would never know how close it was to the airport because it was so quiet. Great location because it was close to all the tourist places like SeaWorld, Fiesta TX and Downtown. Loved the free drinks and the breakfast was to die for good! I would so recommend this Hotel. We are always so quick to tell everyone about the bad things, this time I wanted to make sure I told everyone about the GOOD!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BMdon
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

Our extended family spent a few days at this hotel and were so very pleased. I travel a lot and it has been a very long time since I have received this level of service for this bargain price. Everyone you contact, waitstaff, front desk, buffet workers and housekeepers was so happy to serve. Beds and bed linens were very nice quality, there are two tv's, mirowave, refrigerator, lots of square footage. I did not swim, but many other family members enjoyed the indoor pool. Generous buffet breakfast. Bacon, eggs, hotcakes as well as the other usuals. I was so surprised to find this level of service for this price in a large city.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Embassy Suites Airport San Antonio TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Exceptionally friendly, accommodating staff. Greeted me when I walked through the door and when I left! Made certain a package I left for a colleage would get to her once she showed ID! Wow! That was impressive! The best part was I had the BEST OMELET ever!The proximity to US 281 made it easy to get downtown to my business appointments and back to the airport once I was done. I will stay here again for business or pleasure the next time I travel to San Antonio.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Excellent facility. Very relaxing atmosphere--all clean; all excellent working condition. Even better staff. Friendliest and most helpful staff I've come accross in 20 years of business travel. Big rooms; lots of water pressure and hot water in the showers, and a fabulous free breakfast with made-to order omlets and other eggs. Excellent upscale outdoor mall with large movie theater nearby and hotel shuttle will take you there and back.

I would stay there again in a heart-beat.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Billybabby
Holmdel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

We attended a wedding ceremenoy on March 6th and 7th to attend an Indian marriage wedding ceremony and also as a family get-together with small kids and I can not imagine the high quality of hospitality and friendly environment in the Embassy suites so much that we really felt like staying in a home away from home. The staff was very cooperative and the dinner lunch and breakfast arrangements were done so profefessionally and so tasty that it makes sense to recommend it for our next wedding ceremonies.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank snemana
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

When my husband and I arrived at the hotel we noticed there was no parking spot and 2 school buses in the parking lot. I thought oh great, and no sleep tonight! (Due to a possibly loud hotel.) Well, we lucked out and found someone backing up out of their spot fairly close to the door, we parked and walked in. We were given a room on the top floor.

Room: A typical Embassy Suites room. It had a living room and then the bedroom. There were kids everywhere (teenagers)- running up and down the hallways... etc, so the living area of our room was fairly loud, which wasn't a big deal, we weren't going to be there long. Anyhow, I figured the kids were just excited about being away from home. :-) The only thing I was worried about was the noise level and trying to sleep that night. We closed the door to the bedroom, and we didn't hear a thing. We had a great night's sleep. The bed was very comfortable!

Cleanliness: The room was very clean! I didn't find a spot of dirt any where. The bathrrom was clean, no mold, hair or other gross stuff.

Service: Everyone was very nice. They were busy- the hotel was full! We were always greeted with a smile and a "how are you."

Location: For us it was a great location. We were visiting a sick grandmother nearby. This hotel is right next to the International Airport and new roads. Our GPS found this hotel, but the roads are so new it took us right past it! So, for a short time we were lost. Just make sure you take the Jones-Maltsberger Exit off of highway 281. I am not sure how long it would take you get to the Riverwalk from here... surely not too long.

Value: Great! This was a free HIlton Honors stay for us. It was exactly what we needed. They have a buffet style breakfast in the morning with anything you would want- even Dr. Pepper! They do make omletes and cook them to order. The hotel employees were running around keeping everything clean. I did notice they had something going on when we got there Saturday evening, it looked like snacks and drinks. We were on our way out the door and didn't stop to look.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please e-mail us! ambercfreeman@hotmail.com

We will stay here again. It suited our needs. The hotel is very pretty inside.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple