Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$214
$132
Travelocity
1,010 results
All reviewsevening receptionsan antonio airportmade to order breakfastmanagers receptioncomplimentary breakfastfree happy hourindoor poolfree drinksbusiness tripeasy accessliving roomnice stayfitness centershuttleatriumsalsaremodeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This has been my preferred hotel during periodic visits to San Antonio -- it is very convenient and once you learn how to navigate to it, it's a piece of cake.

Good news: The staff will work with you, and will definitely assist with problems identified. Breakfast is a highlight. Typical of Embassy Suites, with full hot made to order menu and enough to satisfy those who want lighter fare. The fitness room is kept clean and the equipment works. Strange (to me anyway) there was little competition for the treadmills. Noticed that senior staff "made the rounds" to see that things were in order.

Not so good: The facilities are now rather dated, with furniture well used (not very comfortable IMHO), and rooms could stand freshening. I was first given a room on the first floor -- a few steps to access the room (steps are difficult).

Changed that to a room on the third floor -- it was musty smelling on entry (sort of like a gym locker room on a hot day). Thought the A/C would resolve this issue, so turned it on and went out for the evening. On returning the A/C, although running, hadn't cooled the room, the smell was noxious, but it was late and I wasn't in a mood to change. There was also a loud drip from the toilet.

When I took my list of issues to the front desk they immediately arranged for another room (6th floor this time), and assured me it would be pre-inspected. The third room was OK -- comments noted on furniture pertain. Only comfortable chair was the desk chair. There was a very slight musty odor -- noted dirt/dust around the access panel for the A/C. This could possibly indicate the unit may need cleaning, and if so, could indicate a maintenance challenge.

Conclusions: Staff helpful, breakfast good. Missed most evening receptions. Think it's time to look for something nearby (there's lots close by)that's fresher.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor! First the steps, then the fact that you are immediately out into the breakfast area. Give any room a serious sniff test, and make sure the A/C works!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us over the years. I appreciate your feedback as well regarding items we can address. We will definitely use your comments to make improvements moving forward. I hope you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Meets or exceeds ES standards. All the normal offerings in a clean, quiet environment. Good choice if flying out early. Free shuttle to terminals and nearby shopping a plus. This is strictly a business or meeting hotel with nothing within walking distance but with a car is a value choice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feeback regarding your stay. I'm glad everything worked out and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I called central reservations and requested a king connecting to two doubles or queens. That reservation was made. I called the hotel and confirmed that room type was available. they said they don't have that kind of room, but mentioned they did have a setup like that, with a joint foyer that could be locked. I said this was fine, so they reserved that for me. When I arrived, and went to the room, I found that what I was expecting to be a king room was actually one double bed (a well worn bed) connecting to two doubles. If I had known this was the only option, I would have selected a different hotel. Additionally, the room was incredibly dated and noisy. When, upon check in, I requested a second night, I was told no, all those rooms were sold out. The next morning I got a call inviting me to stay a second night in the room. clearly, the night staff did not know what the situation was, and should have either asked that I contact the day staff or allocate me to that room. By this point, we had already decided to spend the next night at a different hotel, which I was thankful for after such a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I'm really sorry for the confusion and miscommunication regarding your stay with us. We are investigating the situation to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for bringing the condition of the room to our attention as well. We understand this stay wasn't a pleasant one, but hope you will give us another opportunity to make it right in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very good room and friendly staff. Visited the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. We travel a lot and Embassy is our hotel of choice. This is a good one. Will definitely visit again. Location is also great and provides easy access to the 410 lool and restaurants and shopping. We were not flying out on this trip but good access to airport.

Room Tip: Corner suites have great space.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the feeback in particular regarding your experience in our restaurant. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was lacking some of the usual amenities expected when staying at an Embassy Suites. Our room was missing a remote control, blankets and pillows for the sofa bed and had a broken lamp. The night manager, while capable, was totally overwhelmed and was doing the job of three people by herself. The only redeeming feature of this hotel was the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I'm sorry our service and amenities were not up to the standard you should expect from our hotel. We are utilizing your feedback to ensure your items mentioned can be corrected. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.