New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport
Ranked #63 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Georgetown, Texas
“Convenience At Its Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel is about average - definitely needs updating; however, my stay was a pleasant one. Location is fabulous since its close to the airport and other area's of interest. The breakfast buffet and cooked to order options fulfilled my morning appetite. Check in was quick and the girls were very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad it was enjoyable and we will continue to make improvements in our product. We look forward to your return visit to our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Yancey, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites probably 25-30 times in the past few years. We have never had a bad experience. The entire staff is so friendly from the moment you walk in the door. It doesn't matter how busy they are, no one ever seems overwhelmed or stressed out doing their job. The happy hour is a nice perk if you arrive early enough. The beds are so comfortable and rooms always clean..the best part of the stay here, though, is the breakfast! There is a buffet with scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, pancakes, along with fruit, yogurt, etc. The made to order omelets..egg whites available..(or eggs any way you want them) are to die for..always cooked to perfection! This is a hotel where you really do feel at home! It is usually just two of us, but it is really a great deal for a family when you consider the breakfast that is included! The only negative thing I could say would be the swimming pool area that has a really strong chlorine smell and the fumes are strong. I guess this is common with indoor swimming pools but it was too strong for us. Other than that...great place!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second floor can sometimes be a little noisy on the weekends during breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We are glad that you consider our hotel home in your many travels to San Antonio. I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff and your breakfast experiences. I will have our Engineering department look into the strong chlorine smell in the pool and ensure we get this issue resolved. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Everyone at this hotel is awesome but have you met Rebecca Noyes yet? She is the sweetest and everythime I go she remembers my name! Outstanding smile! Go see her.
Breakfast is great also.
The location is wonderful to get all over town.

Room Tip: Always clean- remodeled!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Booklady12
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the comment regarding Rebecca! We will ensure she is recognized and we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this property while in San Antonio on business in mid-August, 2012.

Given the chance, I generally prefer Hilton properties, so the Embassy Suites at the San Antonio Airport was an easy choice for business meetings.

Overall, the hotel was average. It is obvious it is very popular since it is fairly "shop-worn" in look and feel. The lobby area had certainly seen better days, as did most common areas.

My room was comfortable and the bed was excellent, but the other furnishings had seen much better days. The internet was pretty slow and there were no desk chairs high enough to allow for comfortable typing while working on a laptop at the desk or table.

A great location, but this hotel needs an update or refreshing before I can recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GoldenBear_Husker
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding the internet, furnishings, and lobby. We will utlilize your feedback for recommended changes. I'm glad your stay with us was enjoyable and we look forward to hosting you in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was nice although parking wasn't the best. We ended up parking in the back since they didn't have anymore in the front, so a bit more of a walk. Location was in a weird spot, close to the airport and close to other things if you are willing to get in your car and drive. It just wasn't the most attractive spot- on a corner at a type of intersection...The people were friendly, breakfast is nice with cook to order eggs and omelets but not as many choices as I would like. It was fine. My toilet was one of those newfangled gadgets that had a circle to press with half water or a circle to press with full water. It wasn't working properly so you had to hold it down until it flushed completely every time. That was annoying! My husband says the price is comparable for the area although I thought it was a bit much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm sorry the parking didn't work out and the issue regarding the suite bathroom. We take great pride in providing a comfortable stay for our guests and will utilize your input for improvements moving forward. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

As an experiment, I traveled to SA via Greyhound, took a Metro bus to North Star Mall, and walked the remaining distance to the Embassy Suites. Antoinette at the front desk was friendly and efficient in getting me a 6th floor suite (my theory being that the elevator wait is shortest on a middle floor.) She seems to have taken this as a hint, and gave me a suite right next to the elevators.
The suite had a recent electronics upgrade, but I couldn't find any free wi-fi. (They may have it, but I couldn't find it.) Everything clean and well-appointed, a better-than-average shower, fluffy towels. Closets held ironing and food implements (fridge, microwave, coffeemaker) so I could have been quite comfy staying there several days.
Manager's reception had the usual snacks (chips & salsa, pretzels, etc.,) and I indulged in a draft Lone Star beer (brewed locally) to get the real flavor of San Antonio before dining in the in-house restaurant (if you lack transportation, there really aren't any alternatives within a mile's walk.) Waitress named Mercedes managed to cover a lot of tables and keep everyone happy.
Also important -- I never heard a plane taking off.
Comfortable bed, good hot breakfast -- you could pay more and not do as well as this hotel.
(The only downside was that the Business Center was closed due to water damage, but they had a computer and printer in the lobby as a fallback.)

Room Tip: Room on the Southern and Western sides face away from the airport.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us particularly given your unusualy route to get to us! We appreciate your comments and to your point regarding the business center, all has been corrected. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Keith Harward
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel, San Antonio International Airport, for 6 nights. Business trip. This is a very nice hotel, that needs a make over. I had a great room for the price, but several things were not up to speed for an Embassy Suites Hotel. Chair in the living area was broke... I about fell over when I leaned back. Carpets need to be replaced. As with the rest of the hotel... the room needs an update. Positives... outstanding staff. Very good breakfast, happy hour festivities are very good too. Restaurant was OK. I also like hotels with big atriums, and this hotel doesn't disappoint if you dig that kind of thing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We will look into the issues that you mentioned and appreciate hearing our staff took care of you during your stay. We look forward to your return to our hotel.

Keith Harward