“Comfy and quiet”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport
Ranked #34 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As an experiment, I traveled to SA via Greyhound, took a Metro bus to North Star Mall, and walked the remaining distance to the Embassy Suites. Antoinette at the front desk was friendly and efficient in getting me a 6th floor suite (my theory being that the elevator wait is shortest on a middle floor.) She seems to have taken this as a hint, and gave me a suite right next to the elevators.
The suite had a recent electronics upgrade, but I couldn't find any free wi-fi. (They may have it, but I couldn't find it.) Everything clean and well-appointed, a better-than-average shower, fluffy towels. Closets held ironing and food implements (fridge, microwave, coffeemaker) so I could have been quite comfy staying there several days.
Manager's reception had the usual snacks (chips & salsa, pretzels, etc.,) and I indulged in a draft Lone Star beer (brewed locally) to get the real flavor of San Antonio before dining in the in-house restaurant (if you lack transportation, there really aren't any alternatives within a mile's walk.) Waitress named Mercedes managed to cover a lot of tables and keep everyone happy.
Also important -- I never heard a plane taking off.
Comfortable bed, good hot breakfast -- you could pay more and not do as well as this hotel.
(The only downside was that the Business Center was closed due to water damage, but they had a computer and printer in the lobby as a fallback.)

Room Tip: Room on the Southern and Western sides face away from the airport.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us particularly given your unusualy route to get to us! We appreciate your comments and to your point regarding the business center, all has been corrected. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel, San Antonio International Airport, for 6 nights. Business trip. This is a very nice hotel, that needs a make over. I had a great room for the price, but several things were not up to speed for an Embassy Suites Hotel. Chair in the living area was broke... I about fell over when I leaned back. Carpets need to be replaced. As with the rest of the hotel... the room needs an update. Positives... outstanding staff. Very good breakfast, happy hour festivities are very good too. Restaurant was OK. I also like hotels with big atriums, and this hotel doesn't disappoint if you dig that kind of thing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We will look into the issues that you mentioned and appreciate hearing our staff took care of you during your stay. We look forward to your return to our hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My oh my. I read all The reviews and took a deep breathe and booked our rooms. The service: exceptional The Value: exceptional. The experience: exceptional. My husband, daughter (2 y/o)and I loved it and the food for breakfast, was amazing and made to order. The bartender for happy hour was spectacular and the ammenities were superb. We worked out daily and enjoyed the equipment and in door swimming pool. We have routinely stayed at 4 Seasons and Fairmount and other 5 star resorts. And yes while those are great so are the prices. But staying at the Embassy suites, we weren't spending thousands of dollars a nite, we spent a couple of hundred and felt totally catered to. Thanks to all the staff at the Jones Maltsberger location. Well Done Embassy Suites Int'l Airport! We are pleasantly astounded and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012

We are glad that your experience with us left you with the thought of being catered to. We appreciate your comments and forward to your return to our hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

OK. The room was great as usual with a slight "we sprayed the room with a De-oderized because some schmuck smoked in a non-smoking room. The desk was a great working area but the chair was broken to where it would not adjust so I put a pillow in it so I could reach the keyboard. To my surprise the chain can't seem to do what the smallest and most remote Motel 6 can do ... free internet. Nope! $10 a day. Come on! I stayed at the hotel because I was taking a class there the next day. I had their "just like your Mom used to make" breakfast. Bacon was the normal fare of paper thin and uniformly exactly like every other. Is that Tofu or an edible plastic? The fruit had not been vetted as it had zero taste but the coffee was good. The manager's reception I did not have time to attend but it looked pathetic with low cost bar mix.

The front desk was fantastic. They were always saying 'hello' like they meant it and were always ready to help.

Room Tip: There is none. Choose one and you get Loop 410 traffic, the other is the airport.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We we utilize your comments to make improvements where needed. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed over the Labor Day Holiday at the Embassy Suites San Antonio Airport and was very disappointed in the "brand" standards. The manager's reception was so sad with the one obiviously overwhelmed bartendar and the sad hor' dorves that looked like someone just opened a package of pretzels, popcorn and threw them in a bowl covered in "fine" drapery.

The suites are much need of a facelift, I felt like I was back in the 80's with the decor and furniture in the room. The bed and headboard were not one piece but two loosely fit puzzle. The a/c in the room sounded as though I had an airplane engine in the hallway.

The "brand " standards really need to be re-evaluated at the property.

Dissappointed in Mansfield.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time the hotel had a renovation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnninMansfield
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I'm so sorry your stay over labor day weekend was disappointing. We will utilize your comments as an opportunity to correct items mentioned in the Manager's Reception as well a with our Engineering team regarding suite comments.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to the chance to service you in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. Greeted with a "hello" every time we came in the door from the desk staff. Great location for the soccer tourney we were attending and has laundry facility for uniforms. The restaurant is among the better on property ones I've visited, nice variety and prices are competitive. Food manager is engaged and very proactive in dealing with the customers. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed the night for early flight next morning, so got a smaller room. Still very nice, but corner of hotel, so had to go through one community door, then into my room. A little pricey for what I got, but helped having a nice room in preparation for flight home. Had a double bed, not sure about the workout room or pool. Staff was nice. Was told by the night shuttle driver that would be no problem for shuttle trip to airport in morning. Go down in morning and morning shuttle driver was a no show - Hotel arranged taxi ride, nothing major, just a hiccup. Would definitely stay here again, especially if price were to go down.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We appreciate you staying with us and would be happy to upgrade you to a suite the next time in San Antonio. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit.