“Pleasantly Astounded” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“Pleasantly Astounded”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My oh my. I read all The reviews and took a deep breathe and booked our rooms. The service: exceptional The Value: exceptional. The experience: exceptional. My husband, daughter (2 y/o)and I loved it and the food for breakfast, was amazing and made to order. The bartender for happy hour was spectacular and the ammenities were superb. We worked out daily and enjoyed the equipment and in door swimming pool. We have routinely stayed at 4 Seasons and Fairmount and other 5 star resorts. And yes while those are great so are the prices. But staying at the Embassy suites, we weren't spending thousands of dollars a nite, we spent a couple of hundred and felt totally catered to. Thanks to all the staff at the Jones Maltsberger location. Well Done Embassy Suites Int'l Airport! We are pleasantly astounded and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are glad that your experience with us left you with the thought of being catered to. We appreciate your comments and forward to your return to our hotel.

Keith Harward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Mission, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

OK. The room was great as usual with a slight "we sprayed the room with a De-oderized because some schmuck smoked in a non-smoking room. The desk was a great working area but the chair was broken to where it would not adjust so I put a pillow in it so I could reach the keyboard. To my surprise the chain can't seem to do what the smallest and most remote Motel 6 can do ... free internet. Nope! $10 a day. Come on! I stayed at the hotel because I was taking a class there the next day. I had their "just like your Mom used to make" breakfast. Bacon was the normal fare of paper thin and uniformly exactly like every other. Is that Tofu or an edible plastic? The fruit had not been vetted as it had zero taste but the coffee was good. The manager's reception I did not have time to attend but it looked pathetic with low cost bar mix.

The front desk was fantastic. They were always saying 'hello' like they meant it and were always ready to help.

Room Tip: There is none. Choose one and you get Loop 410 traffic, the other is the airport.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We we utilize your comments to make improvements where needed. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Mansfield, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed over the Labor Day Holiday at the Embassy Suites San Antonio Airport and was very disappointed in the "brand" standards. The manager's reception was so sad with the one obiviously overwhelmed bartendar and the sad hor' dorves that looked like someone just opened a package of pretzels, popcorn and threw them in a bowl covered in "fine" drapery.

The suites are much need of a facelift, I felt like I was back in the 80's with the decor and furniture in the room. The bed and headboard were not one piece but two loosely fit puzzle. The a/c in the room sounded as though I had an airplane engine in the hallway.

The "brand " standards really need to be re-evaluated at the property.

Dissappointed in Mansfield.

Room Tip: Ask when the last time the hotel had a renovation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnninMansfield
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I'm so sorry your stay over labor day weekend was disappointing. We will utilize your comments as an opportunity to correct items mentioned in the Manager's Reception as well a with our Engineering team regarding suite comments.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to the chance to service you in the future.

Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. Greeted with a "hello" every time we came in the door from the desk staff. Great location for the soccer tourney we were attending and has laundry facility for uniforms. The restaurant is among the better on property ones I've visited, nice variety and prices are competitive. Food manager is engaged and very proactive in dealing with the customers. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel in the future.

Rogersville, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed the night for early flight next morning, so got a smaller room. Still very nice, but corner of hotel, so had to go through one community door, then into my room. A little pricey for what I got, but helped having a nice room in preparation for flight home. Had a double bed, not sure about the workout room or pool. Staff was nice. Was told by the night shuttle driver that would be no problem for shuttle trip to airport in morning. Go down in morning and morning shuttle driver was a no show - Hotel arranged taxi ride, nothing major, just a hiccup. Would definitely stay here again, especially if price were to go down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us and would be happy to upgrade you to a suite the next time in San Antonio. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return visit.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Im shocked and appalled by how many travelers gave this place a descent review! Ive figured out that how good or bad a place is is all relative to what you are used to. I personally expect a certain level of descency. I live in a newer home with newer furnishing and amenities so when I travel I like to stay in nicer places (it doesn't aways have to be luxury). This place was a nightmare from the minute we approached the room door... The room keys didn't work! Not a major biggie, I knew that sometimes the keys arent programmed correctly....it wasnt until I had to go back down at midnight and stand in line with others who were having the same issue that I realized they had issues with All of the keys staying coded. The lady at the front desk mentioned the issue was that cellphones where ruining the keys........ok if that's the issue move to a better keying system because in 2012 we all have cellphones! My biggest problem was that I booked a two bedroom suite thru the Hilton website that described the room being a 2bedroom suite with 3 total beds.....we were traveling with a group of fam from out of state and headed to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels which is 30 miles away and choose this hotel over closer ones because of the 3beds that'd allow us to be in one room. Much to our surprise we only had 2 beds, not the 3 we prepaid for! Naturally I called downstairs assuming there was some mix up....no answer from the front desk. The line just rang and rang and rang....I was beyond belief! No answer. I had to call 3xs for answer and when I did get someone I was told the manager was going to call me in five minutes. Of course 30 minutes later I still hadn't heard a peep from anyone!! I called.back, several calls b4 the same person answered (apparently they only had 2 ppl working the.front desk on a busy summer Saturday when the hotels booked solid. So Im placed on hold to wait for manager. When the manager Antoniette finally speaks to me she says my room should have a 3rd bed and according to her computer it does have 3 beds in this room......I explain unlesz its invisible Im pretty.sure.there's not a 3rd bed in the room that Im overlooking. Her only resolution was to offer us an additional.room 7 floors down that had a single bed. So I had to send my 19yr old brother down stairs that wasn't easy to do. Then I called for two extra pillows since none are provided for the pullout bed and after they didnt arrive in an hour I decide Id vo down and grab them so we.can get to sleep but Im told someone has to bring them and they r working on it. Its now two hours later and still no pillows!!!!!!! I had to cancel the order just to avoid having my kids awakened at 1am by the pillow fairy that took 3 hours to show. The decore is hideous. The room is extremely dated!!!! Especially the thin dirty carpet, sofa, chair, and bedding! Everythings ancient! It's all the orginal furnishings from the 70 s or 80s......just nasty. The beds hard. Youd think after all these years the mattresses would habe softened a bit. Theres no point in staying here. Dont risk being disappointed. Just go somewhere else. Being a.HH member.I know Embassy Suites used yo be a name you could trust for a decent nights rest but not anymore. Noone cares about fixing this place up. Noones putting money into to make it modern or comfortable feeling. I wouldnt stay here again for free! Im just so glad its only for one night. I cant wait to check out.This hitel just proves that the Hilton name doesnt represent what it used too. Embassy Suites should be ashamed.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Neisha R
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests including areas where we haven't met our guests' expectations. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however in this case we missed this specific request. One again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was the best place I had ever been to. They were clean, kind, and so comfortable that I felt like I was at home. Breakfast was huge and excellent,there was something for everyone (I have picky eaters). Worth the price and you won't regret staying here. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dolores B
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future!