“My 'go-to' hotel.. I love it!”

Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center
Ranked #136 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, Texas
“My 'go-to' hotel.. I love it!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is my choice hotel every time I travel to San Antonio. I travel there, on average, about once a month. The staff is friendly, the rooms are cozy and always CLEAN. I have NEVER had a negative experience at this hotel. The rates are fair (usually about $100/night for a room with a King bed). I don't mind paying that amount for this kind of hotel. You could save money and stay at a cheaper hotel, but that's what you'll get -- CHEAP service. Their bistro also offers some pretty good food; breakfast plates are hearty, and I've had a road beef dip sandwich that was DELICIOUS! In all, this is the hotel I always recommend to anyone staying in SA. It's off the major highway, but a short drive from I10 and 410 (which pretty much get you ANYWHERE in SA). Also, I've always seen a police cruiser parked near the hotel parking lot, so it makes me feel pretty safe that the place is being watched. I recommend you request a room that faces the courtyard, since it will overlook the pool, and it's pretty nice scenery. The first floor rooms lead out to the pool. In all, I don't think you'll regret staying here. It's a nice hotel with plenty to offer. :)

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the courtyard. Those on the upper level overlook the pool; and the first...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for the great comments and your feedback. I will pass your comments on to my staff. We apprecaite your loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is not the normal hotel that I choose when I am in San Antonio but the other was sold out. This was a great choice. Friendly staff, clean rooms and easy access to I-10 and a lot of major eateries. My only complaint was that the AC did not get cold enough for me. I would definitely stay here again and this may be my new go to hotel in San Antonio.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a tosurvey. I will pass the great comments on to our staff. We are sorry to hear that the air conditioner in the room did not cool enough for you. If this happens again, in the future, please contact our front desk so we can have someone look at the air conditioner for you to ensure it is working properly.

We look forward to see you again and thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about our recent 3 night stay. From the time we checked in to checking out, the staff was friendly and accommodating! Kids loved the bistro and Starbucks coffee. AM and PM Bistro staff were very friendly.
We had two rooms which were very clean and spacious. Both rooms were inside rooms, each with its own balcony facing the pool. Wouldn't mind staying in the summer or when warm enough to take advantage of the pool area.
Although we were mainly traveling close to downtown, we were north and west as well and the location of this hotel is perfect.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for the great comments we will definitely share them with the staff. Rooms cleanliness is set to the highest standard at our property. Each room is inspected by a supervisor or a manager. Our bistro staff and managers work together on a daily basis to provide great service to guests and we appreciate the feedback.

We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for choosing Courtyard Marriott.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two weeks ago for three nights, the front desk agent was very friendly, the lobby ver clean and modern , a computer room with several monitors and coffee shop ( expensive like ant other hotel).
The hotel was quiet , the parking well lit , and the gate to parking closed after 11 pm .
The only access to and from parking was from the front of the hotel which kept the non-guest persons out. This was a safety plus for the guests who would be arriving or departing late at night.
The corridors were quiet , the bed awesome ( we loved the king size bed) , a mini refrigerator under the TV stand came handy , the bathroom was clean and to my surprise came with a exhaust fan .
The individual cooler / heater would not operate as it should , could never figure out the glitches .
The coffee machine came with a regular and decaf pouches but no tea bags.
It thought me a lesson to bring my own tea bags on my next Trip.
Overall , I loved the location , access to the local Restaurant, medical center, Air port and freeway.
The price for the hotel was well worth it.

Room Tip: Very close to med center and Restaurant . It was easy to get on and off the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank david k
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear about your stay. Our goal is to make sure each guest has a safe, comfortable stay. Please note, in the future, we do offer complimentary regular tea bags upon request at the front desk.

We hope to see you and your family again in the future. Thank you again for choosing Courtyard Marriott.
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times. It has been upgraded to the new Courtyard standards and is a nice clean place to stay. The rooms are spacious and the entire staff is very friendly. I do miss the afternoon cookies that they used to put out though.

Room Tip: Choose an inside room overlooking the pool on one of the upper floors. This keeps the noise level d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for the positive comments we will share them with our staff. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and Marriott.
We also liked the cookies in the afternoon but we had to discontinue them due to the change in standards. We will share the comments with Marriott though. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Very clean and comfortable room. Person who checked me in was very friendly and accomodating. Allowed me to check in early and asked which floor I preferred. Based on other reviews, I selected the 3rd floor and it was very quiet.
Bistro in the lobby was convenient, but selection is limited and very expensive. Next time, I would get take out from nearby restaurants.
Very nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Can't ask for much more for the price and location.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quiet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly striving to provide better service and honor guest needs. Our Bistro menu does change on a quarterly basis so we hope you can give us a try again. We are located in a great area where guest do have other options as well. Our front desk is well trained and knowledgable about the area.

Thank you again for the great comments and we will use these comments for future training opportunities. We hope to see you again in the future and thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

First morning, made coffee and only one coffee cup for two of us. Took shower and no hair dryer. No coffee in lobby. Went to Market for dinner, no microwave popcorn, out of much that was on the list. Bought cup of soup, took back to room and room microwave worked poorly. Very disappointed in a usually reliable hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luvOB
We are sorry for the disappointing stay that you had with us. We appreciate the comments so we can better improve in the future. We no longer offer complimentary coffee in the lobby but we do offer the compliamentary coffee in the rooms. If additional compliamentary coffee is ever needed in the rooms we would be happy to deliver it to the guest room. We do offer Starbucks in our Bistro which is located in the lobby. We apologize for their not being a hair dryer in the room and we will go through each room to ensure there are the proper guest amenities. We offer additional guest amenities upon request, for future notice.
Please do not hesitiate to call if there is an issue or need additional items.

We hope we can better serve you in the future and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.