“Excellent Staff and Excellent Property”

Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center
Ranked #160 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 4, 2008

This is a great property, close to the medical center, 15 minutes from Seaworld, and close to Cha-Cha's Mexican Food which is excellent, Hooters and others. The staff is great and this is a clean property.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank cokerbud

Reviewed April 26, 2008

I went to San Antonio to spend the weekend with my family (2 daugters and wife). The hotel was clean, efficient check-in and provide us a good room (no breakfast included, though). Parking was easy and free of charge. Hotel location is closed to most San Antonio attraction and sites. Good deal.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PMTexas
Reviewed March 29, 2008

We were in San Antonio over Spring Break and I must say this place was more crowded than Disney World! The location to everything is a little out of the way, but there is a Trolley that stops right outside that can take you downtown and to the RiverWalk. We had booked for 4 nights, but found something for the same price on the RiverWalk for our last two nights. While they said the pool was heated, don't believe it! My kids jumped in and had to get out very quickly.
The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in, including home!!!! When we booked the room I had asked for all foam pillows. We didn't check when we arrived and found out while the kids were swimming. I called the front desk and they advised they would be right up with them. After an hour I called again and was told they had none! My son is very allergic to feathers and I told them this was not acceptable. They were able to find 1 pillow and told me they would replace the others the next day. No pillows!!! So I have to say the front desk people did not meet expecations!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Went to San Antonio for a three day medical check up and booked at this hotel because it was only 3 blocks away from the doctor's office. For that it worked great, i didn't have to deal with the San Antonio traffic to get to my appointments on time. The room was Ok, clean, comfortable, AC worked all right, wireless internet you have to pay for but if you hook up through the ethernet cable from your room it's free of charge. The location is really quiet.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed for one night for a business trip. It was first time to San Antonio and didn't realize that restaurants closed around 9pm so due to late check-in, I didn't have many options for eating.

Hotel itself was satisfactory - clean & large room. Free internet via ethernet and a functioning business center too (rare to find that sometimes).

Breakfast was good too - very friendly wait staff.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed June 3, 2006

Our road trip put us in San Antonio on Memorial Day weekend by chance.It was one of those places where a good lodging deal is hard to find.We sat in traffic a full 8 hours coming from dallas.This was my first stay in a Courtyard, and I'm afraid it will probably be my last. This is a two story building that has had a very recent renovation, but alittle paint, and a few modern paintings cannot hide dated architechture. The room was very clean, but a bit small. Courtyard does not include a microwave, refridgerator, local phone calls or breakfast. The coffee maker was one of those individual server types, In which you insert a disposable tray, containing a coffee packet, and it dispenses into a styrofoam cup. Normally I travel with my own bag of Starbucks espresso, and filters, and make use of the in-room coffee maker. It took alot of inovation at the Courtyard.
Overall, the stay was satisfactory, but for $20 less per night, I could have stayed at the Drury nearby(which is flush with extras), or for the same price, a local Amerisuites.
No contest.(Yeah, I did some competitve pricing after I saw my room).
Bottom line, Marriott could give a few extras, and garner a huge amount of goodwill.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank artvandalayGlendale
Reviewed November 20, 2005

Stayed 3 nights at this newly renovated hotel.
Nice courtyard with pool, very friendly staff,
delicious omellettes, and good location. Definately
recommend!