“Very comfortable but small bathrooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn San Antonio Brooks City Base

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Brooks City Base
Ranked #179 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Very comfortable but small bathrooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at this property for three nights in late August. From check in to check out we were very satisfied. The king room was spacious but the bathroom was quite small. If we would have had small children this would have been an issue because the stool, the sink and the shower were all in one small space. The weather was the expected south TX heat, but the AC unit did a gret job of keeping up! Breakfast was typical fare, but well done and fresh. We thought the rate a little high for the area but overall we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
javera1961, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn San Antonio Brooks City Base, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your review!
It's always great to hear from our guests. We're very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll stay with us next time you're in San Antonio. We appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was the first time I stayed at a La Quinta and it was for business in the conference center. There is only once restaurant close by (Mamasita's, mexican), so you really need a car to get to other restaurants, shops, etc. The room was two double beds and it was clean and comfortable. The air worked great, considering it was almost 100 degrees everyday, that was super! Very quiet and could not hear others in their rooms. There is a simple breakfast. The breakfast area is nice and kept clean and it opens out to a pool area. Pool shuts down at 10pm; however, you can still sit out in the patio area after 10pm, which is nice. The staff were very, very helpful and nice. Overall, not a bad experience. A coworker that traveled with me had a Suite: king bedroom, extra large bath, living area with microwave, flat screen tv, fridge...it was SUPER nice! Consider a suite if you need more space.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

I spent two nights at this hotel from 9/20 - 22/10 and felt okay with my room because it appeared to be clean although there was some dust on the top of the bed head. I also liked that it was close to a huge shopping center with a number of restaurants including Starbucks and Subway if one likes to eat a lighter fare. It is also close to the highway but its location blocks the highway noise. This is a no frills hotel but it is clean and comfortable.

A major con for me was the hotel's in-room wireless internet service. It was incredibly slow which made it impossible to connect to my work station. I lost hours of work as a result of that.

It is also very interesting that the business center (which is really a small desk with a computer and printer underneath the desk ) is located in the fitness center. Go figure!!

A smaller con for me was not having an elevator and walking up the stairs with my suitcase and other bags. It wasn't a huge deal as the hotel is only 2 stories high. There also wasn't a lot of variety with their continental breakfast but the good thing is, there are a number of fast food retaurants and some within walking distance where you can purchase a more filling breakfast.

If this hotel improved their internet service, I would return in a heart beat as it is close to the place of business where I often work. I've already booked a return trip to that area of San Antonio but I will be staying at a hotel in the downtown area of San Antonio which has free high speed wireless service.

I recommend this hotel if one is travelling for leisure and not for business.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
laquintainnalamosout, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn San Antonio Brooks City Base, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn San Antonio/AlamoDome South for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that the location was a good one for you.

• Management was informed of the problem you experienced with their internet service.

We take our reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn San Antonio/AlamoDome South. I think you will be very pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Central Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Property was clean, beds acceptable

Pool closes at 9:00 pm, which we found to be a little early. Also, we were not able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast because they ran out of food by 9:00 am. Cereal was available, but there was no milk.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband and I checked in the LaQuintia Inn on 12/26/2009. I wore a necklace I received on 12/25/2009 from my husband. When we checked in our room i changed clothes and put necklace in it's box. We checked out on 12/28/2009. When I went in my suitecase on 12/31/2009 to get my necklace out to wear, the box was there but the necklace was gone. What bothers me is the response I received from the manager Stan. No help at all, very un caring AND NOT PROFFESIONAL AT . His best comment was sorry for your loss, I expected alot more than that.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Indianamad
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. I am very sorry for your loss. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• The manager, Stan, was approached about your loss and asked what had been done to look into it. He also received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn San Antonio/AlamoDome South. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Rockport,TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

We have stayed here several times and it has been wonderful every time! The staff here are very professional and just as helpful and friendly. Stan the GM goes out of his way to make your stay the very best. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

Stayed here while attending school nearby for a month. The facility is clean and in good repair. The staff seems friendly. The continental breakfast is about average. I paid a long term rate so I don't know what is charged for just a few nights. It is located near multiple stores and restaurants including a Wal Mart Super Center only a few minutes walk away. There is a pool that appears well maintained. Not an overly long drive from the downtown area. Located right next to Interstate. The business center consited on one computer with printer. The fitness center was a treadmill and two stationary bicycles. Parking is free. Wireless internet available for free.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Brooks City Base
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Anton...
#134 of 353 in San Antonio
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#154 of 353 in San Antonio
Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Antonio Brooks City Base
Holiday Inn Express & Suites San...
#190 of 353 in San Antonio
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio South Hotel
Holiday Inn Express San Antonio ...
#191 of 353 in San Antonio
Super 8 San Antonio/Alamodome Area
Days Inn & Suites Braunig Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn San Antonio Brooks City Base? Share your experiences!