“Great Service!!!”

Ranked #224 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
McKinney, Texas
“Great Service!!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza during a difficult time...The funeral arrangements of my fiance. The Rooms Director greeted me at the door, giving his most sincere condolences. I had my room key and a bellam waiting to assist me. They made arrangements for my room to be in the "Quiet Zone" and inside the room, a flower arrangement was waiting for me. It really made my day brighter.

So, all in all, the Crowne Plaza Airport is a great hotel, and for all I know, infinitely better than the rest of them on the strip – I’d be wary if staying anywhere else in San Antonio, but also intrigued to see how good (or bad) some of the other hotels are. Certainly if you’re looking for a more personal, compassionate service, then the Crowne Plaza Airport in San Antonio, TX is a great option. Ask for Gary Sticht, the rooms Division Director. He will ensure that your stay is a memorable one!

• Liked — Friendliness of the hotel staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2008

From the moment of driving up to the property, we were greeted by a warm friendly bellman by the name of Stanley. Stanley was well scripted with all the services the hotel provided and also made dining suggestions at local venues. The front desk counter tops were immaculate with marble counter tops to leather desk check-in pads to the silver business card/pen holder. The service at check-in and check-out was great. The rooms were very clean and the beds the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. I will definitely recommend the hotel to my friends and family.

Rebecca
Mansfield, Texas

• Liked — cleanliness and Beds!
  • Disliked — Iron
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Very nice hotel too stay, not so close to downtown but stills a good location.
The rooms were great, very comfortable beds, clean room and good service.
I recommend this hotel for people that is going to San Marcos outlets, not too far from downtown and to San Marcos.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — Anything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Ingleside, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Crowne Plaza. the room was very attractive and comfortable. The bed was perfect and had plenty of pillows and even complimentary linen spray.

Being close to the airport, the ear plugs were a nice touch, but not needed since I couldn't even hear the planes from my room. Our room was nice and quite and I couldn't even hear the other guests coming and going.

The small kitchenette was well equipped with micro, toaster, sink and coffeemaker. It also had plenty of cabinet space and hardwood floors.

Best of all, we had a free wireless connection that remained uninterrupted during my stay.

I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
KELCIE
Reviewed August 6, 2008

This hotel only had a couple of drawbacks, 1. the construction was crazy and made the hotel a bit difficult to get in and out of. 2. one of the elevators were broken and we had to wait forever to get up and down (thank goodness for stairs). I took my three sons to Six Flags and we decided to stay here for the weekend.
Booking on Priceline automatically reserved a king bed. The staff was nice enough to change us to doubles on a non smoking floor. The rooms were very nice, very clean. My children loved all the pillows and the relaxation CD they include with the room.
We spent most of the time at the pool. It was very kid friendly with areas shallow enough for my 4 year old. They also got a real big kick out of the planes flying above!
I thought the hotel was really nice and the staff were very friendly. I would stay here again!

• Liked — The beds!
  • Disliked — Broken elevator
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 13, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks. I had a very good experience and highly recommend it. My room was very comfortable (especially for a long stay), the service was good, and the location was close to everything. There were some minor issues with tub drainage but it was fixed right away. I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank homerdome
Beaumont Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2006

Nice comfortable accomodations. Helpful Staff.

• Liked — Classy Establishment
  • Disliked — Completely Satisfied
  • Tips/Secrets — Good choice near the airport