“I wish I could say you get what you pay for, but you don't even get that.”

Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport
Ranked #224 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
“I wish I could say you get what you pay for, but you don't even get that.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very overdue for repairs and remodel. Broken and wornout everywhere you look. The only thing I can say as a positive is being close to the airport. This was a $69 Groupon purchase and will not go back even for less.

• Stayed June 2013
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Richard B,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your most recent stay. I also would like apologize that your stay was not successful. I would like to speak with you regarding your experience. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the entire management team. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. My information is below. Thank you, again for your time and business.

210-828-9031 ext. 2153

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Schulenburg, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We reserved a room through Expedia and selected a "Non-Smoking" room. My receipt even specifically said "Non-Smoking" room. However, we when checked in, the lady said we requested a smoking room. I said no we did not & showed her my receipt. She then said they were over booked & all they had was a smoking room. When I said we paid for a "Non-Smoking" room she then said we are not allowed to specify a room type and that's how Expedia keeps their rates so low. If one is not allowed to specify then why were we given the option when we were selecting and paying for our reservation. They did offer to spray our room with air freshener which just turned our room into a smokie flower smelling room! We had no choice but to stay because the area was sold out. When we left our clothes & luggage stunk!

Room Tip: We have had several bad experiences of not getting what we select and pay for online through these t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Ryba6,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to provide feed back regarding your most recent stay. I also would like to apologize that you stay was anything less than successful. I would like to speak with you more regarding the issues you experienced during your stay. My contact information is below. I look forward to hearing from you and giving me the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your time and business.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in San Antonio for a conference. I have stayed at this brand in the past and expected this one to be the same. Check-in was fast and efficient. My room was one of the bigger ones, which was nice since I would be in it for a week. The room itself was okay, though it was definitely older and they tried to renovate it. However, they did miss a few key features. The bathroom needs to be redone, especially in the shower where the tiles are old, paint peeling off the ceiling, shower curtain that doesn't fully cover the area, and a showerhead that was very low. The room was comfortable but could have been cleaned better. There was an old pizza box under the couch that wasn't cleaned for the duration of my stay. There was also a lamp that had nowhere to plug it in unless you unplugged something else. On a positive note, wireless internet and parking were free. My room also had a microwave and fridge, which was convenient. The hotel could stand to noiseproof a bit more, though there was a very rowdy bunch of guests on my floor. Room service was good, with great food, good portion sizes, and reasonable prices. The only issue I had was a 20% gratuity and room service delivery charge. The hotel has a covered parking area, which is nice when you have a rental car and unpredictable weather. There was a business center and a small gift shop to purchase snacks. There was a nice pool area with a hot tub - a nice way to relax after a day in meetings. This was all outdoors. There are many flights overhead since it is right by the airport, but I really didn't notice this. The price was right at $107/night weekdays and $96/night weekend. Access to I410 made it easy to get places. As well, if you are a Priority Club member, you get access to the concierge lounge that offers free full breakfast and evening snacks/drinks during the week. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for both business travelers and families if you are looking for a reasonable place to stay in San Antonio. However, I would recommend the hotel look at doing some upgrades in their rooms in the future.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nicer view. As to face away from the freeway. Ask for concierge access if you ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
PsychRn12,

I would fist like to thank you for providing such detailed feedback regarding you recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. You have provided some great information and I’ve shared your comments with the entire management team. I hope that the next time you are in the San Antonio area that you will choose the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Once again, thank you for your time and business.

210-828-9031
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had difficulty booking a room downtown for the weekend due to a conference. Ended up here, not too far from downtown, about a 15min drive on the highway which is far for San Antonian standards. Rooms were nice and clean, no issues. Staff very friendly and helpful, would stay here again if I was in the area

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NivekKevin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I'm happy to see that your stay was a success. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need reservations in the future. Thank you for your time and business.

210-828-9031 ext. 2153.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was SO excited when I found out this hotel had a kids SUITE with bunk beds, so I was all about booking it! It was unavailable on the website, but after a TON of scouting, I finally found it available on another site. I continued to book it, even though I couldn't find ANY pictures of the "kids suite". It was a little over $100, and definitely NOT worth it. I was disappointed with the hotel for that price, to say the least. When you think of a suite typically, what image comes to mind for you? A large room with some type of sitting area, along with other upgrades, key word "large", right? This room was essentially a regular-sized hotel room with a wall in the middle. No joke. The bunk beds were separated from the queen bed by a wall. No couch, no sitting area other than a tiny little table with a chair that barely fit in the room comfortably. The room looked entirely outdated and the bathroom looked either dirty or stained upon arriving, complete with hairs in the sink! The shower and bath ran at the same time because the lever wouldn't pull up all the way. The plus side was that the kids had their own flat screen TV on their side, although it barely fit. The free channels were VERY limited. My grandpa and his wife drove up to stay 2 nights with us, and they stayed in the hotel as well. We checked their room out at one point and it was much nicer than ours! The night we arrived, we had gotten in around 7pm and were all hungry, so we just decided to eat at the hotel restaurant, Cilantro! for dinner. When we sat down, we were the only people in there. The waiter took our order, and it took about 45 minutes to get our food! At least it tasted good when it finally did arrive, although that could have just been because we were so hungry! The lobby area was very nice and there is a nice fountain-type display in front of the elevator with fish on the top. The pool area is nice but I wouldn't consider the hot tub hot at all, more like a warm bath. We only swam twice, and the second time, it didn't look like the pool or hot tub had been cleaned at all, there were leaves and things all over, and there was even a towel that had been dropped in the pool. I'm usually NOT picky or hard to please at ALL, but I was just really upset considering I'd paid over $100/night for the room. That is a bit of a splurge, for me anyway. There was no kind of breakfast included in this rate, although their restaurant does offer breakfast. I called the site I'd booked the room through after the first night to see if they could just refund me because I was ready to just go stay somewhere else. The gentleman said he'd have to check with the hotel to see if they could refund me, and he'd get back to me. He was very nice, he got back to me and said a refund wasn't an option. The area wasn't bad, as there were many restaurants and things close by. Also, it's not a bad drive to downtown San Antonio, only about 10-15 minutes. Considering all the options I'd looked at, even with the bunk beds, I would definitely NOT stay here again. My kids (13 and 9 years old) said that the beds were more comfy at the Holiday Inn we'd stayed in the night before, and my partner and I agreed that our bed was more comfy there also!

Room Tip: Choose something other than the kids suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
mommamber,

First, I would like to thank you for your feedback. I would love to discuss this review with you in more detail. I've shared your review with the entire management staff at the hotel. Rest assured that we will use you review to better train our associates. I look forward to hearing for you. Thank you again for your time and business.

Guest Service Manage
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great executive rooms, spacious and comfy. The furniture is starting to show its age, but very clean and sturdy. Open WI-FI everywhere is a great advantage. Breakfast buffet very limited but tasty nevertheless. The executive lounge a little cramped but functional, only problem, it does not fully open on weekends. The shuttle bus service very convenient, free to within 3 miles, which covers the airport and North Star Mall.

Great stay, will do it again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
OussamaSalah,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I've also shared your feedback with entire hotel staff and management. If you should need anything further please do not hesitate to contact me personally. My contact information is below. Thank you again not only for your feedback, but your business as well. If your travels bring you back to the San Antonio area I hope you will consider the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport Hotel for your accommodations.

Olmsted Falls, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Enjoyed a conference over 4 days and treated to excellent service with a smile, both with catering and room accommodations. Food and beverage was delicious. Front desk personnel were helpful with travel suggestions around San Antonio as well as business needs that came up during the conference. We booked a bus at the last minute for our group to travel to an area destination and were not disappointed with the experience, right down to the box (actually bagged) lunch provided. Great place for a meeting!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway may have a better view, but road noise not an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Terry D,

First, I would like to thank you for providing valuable feedback. I also want to thank you for the great comments as well. I’m pleased to know that your conference was successful! If you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact info is below. I hope that if your travels bring you to the San Antonio area you will consider the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Thank you for your time and business.

210-828-9031 ext.2153