“Just right”

Ranked #223 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Anchorage, Alaska
“Just right”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a most pleasant hotel when you want to be close to the airport. It is just a few minutes from the airport and there is shuttle service on demand. There is free Internet access in the rooms and the room rate included a full breakfast. When the bartender called in to say he would be a little late, the chef came out of the kitchen to open the bar and serve us! It was appreciated. In short, it has all the amenities required for a short stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are close to the elevator. No long walks with the luggage!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Carolyn J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I assure you that you feedback has been shared with the entire hotel team. It's great to hear that our associates are taking care of our most loyal guests. If you should find yourself in San Antonio I hope that you will choose the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. If you should need anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me. Again, thank you for your feedback and business.

210-828-9031 ext. 2153

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Central Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Seven friends and I went to San Antonio for a women's conference recently. The front desk staff was accommodating in every way and the bar/restaurant was great. I usually don't like hotel restaurants but this one was really good. We have already decided that when we gather again next year we will stay in this same hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MKLCentralTexas,

I would like to thank you for leaving such great feedback for the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport hotel. Rest assured I have shared your comments with not only the management team, but also our associates. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the San Antonio area that you will choose the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you should need anything. Again, thank you for your feedback and business.

210-828-9031 ext 2153
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a great experience at this Crowne Plaza.The staff was very friendly and accommodating even the shuttle drivers were excellent! The very first person I meet in San Antonio was Marco, the shuttle driver, and he made me feel really welcome and excited for my visit. The hotel manager made sure I had the room I wanted, and the concierge level of the hotel is well worth it. I had a great time and really felt like I was on vacation at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica X
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Jessica X.

I would like to thank you for leaving such great feedback. I've shared your comments with the entire management team and our associates. Our hotel uses such feedback to help our associates give the best service possible. I hope that your if your travels bring you back to the San Antonio area you will choose the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport again! Thank you again for your feedback and business.

toront
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend during the long weekend, I was in town w/ my team for a sports tournament.

I had no problems at this hotel, amazing front desk agents. good shuttle service, close to the airport.

PROS:
-very comfortable beds
-flat screen tv, fridge and coffee maker in room
-business centre (free)
-nice big and well decorated front lobby
-restaurant closes at 10, bar at 11/12
- I had a great stay here, no complaints.

This hotel most definately was upto my standards, and the staff was very friendly.

the shuttle service even picked me up from the offsite rental location, after I dropped my car off.

Slightly in thr ghetto area, but right off the highway and close to airport and north star mall

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hl786
hi786,

I would first like to thank you for you great feedback. I am ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. I've shared this review with the entire management team and our associates. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. If you travels should bring you back to the San Antonio area I hope you will choose us again!. Thank you for your time and business.
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

stayed for two nights on business. hotel was clean. the decor is slightly dated, but really not bad. overall, i was very happy with our stay. airplane noise was not a problem at all. i don't recall even hearing one single plane.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
SteenerStreet,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. I've shared your comments with the staff and management team of the hotel. We use feedback like this to train our associates and ensure that we take care of our guests. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the San Antonio area that you will choose the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport for your accommodations. Thank you again for you feedback and business. Please feel free to contact me at any time. My contact information is below.

Columbia, SC
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was in San Antonio on business and the hotel was chosen by my employer. While it was adequate for a business trip due to its location, I doubt that I would chose this hotel if I were traveling with my wife for pleasure.

The hotel is in dire need of updating. The carpet was old and appeared dirty, not just vacummed but deep cleaned if not replaced. The bed linens while generally clean appeared to be well used. One pillow case was stained and should have been discarded. Temperature control in the room was an adventure. When I arrived the thermostat was set on 75 and the room was very warm. I set the thermostat on 71 hoping it would cool off but woke up sweating the first morning. When I came back later in the day the room was comfortable but became very warm that evening even though I had not adjusted the thermostat from the 71 degree setting. I did not have a thermometer to monitor the room temperature but it seemed to flucuate regardless of what was set on the thermostst. Very weak water pressure in the shower. It was sufficient but it would have been nice to have a little more pressure. Maybe the hotel has it set at a particular flow rate as a water savings measure.

On the plus side, every staff member I encountered was extremely nice, professional and helpful. The van drivers were efficient, knowledgeable and most importantly, appeared to be safe drivers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
PJL_SC,

I first would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport. Please know that i have forwarded your comments to the management staff of the hotel. I assure that we will do our best to rectify the issues you stated. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to the San Antonio area you will consider us for your accommodations. If you should need anything, or would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me. My contact information is below. Again, thank you for your feedback and business.

United States
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've had to go down to San Antonio for the Navy serval times, and each time I was put up the Crowne plaza. I've stayed there a total of 3 times and will be returning soon. Fortunatlly since I was with the military all of the check ins etc were done by the Military so I had little to no interaction with the front desk, but from what I've seen from my several stays it seems like the workers at the front desk are very nice and helpful. The rooms are great, clean, a bit small but thats not much of a problem. The bathrooms are kept very clean. The cilantro grill on the other hand I do not like.The service seems to be very very slow. It took us an hour to get our meal ( which was a burger and fries.) I would reccomend just going to the lubys next door and not even bothering with the Cilantro. One of the best amenities is the free wi-fi which comes in handy. Overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: Too avoid wasting time and money go out to eat and AVOID the Cilantro grill. Expensive and service i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mike B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
ADVISORUnitedStates,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay. We really appreciate your comments. I've forwarded your comment to the entire management team as well as our associates. We look forward to accommodating you on your future reservations. If you should need anything my contact information is below. Thank you again for your business and feedback.