Please note if you find my review(s) helpful, thanks!
This was probably the seventh hotel that I've tried out on my trips to San Antonio, and I'm going to put it on my list of favorites. There were minor issues, but I left with a good feeling even after spending almost two weeks there.
I had a Club Level room, which in this case was a prerequisite, because a free breakfast isn't offered with all rates and I wanted breakfast in the morning. Likewise, a manager's reception with snacks in the evening is only offered in the club lounge. It still surprises me that their are hotels that don't offer breakfast with all rates, but (if the managers are reading this) it is a decision factor on where to stay. Evening receptions are also a good draw.
All rooms offer a microwave, coffee maker and a refrigerator (with a small freezer space). All three included items, at no additional cost, were another decision factor on where to stay. Point to Crowne Plaza.
My bed was very comfortable, with lot of pillows and a comforter with duvet (no icky unwashed bed cover). Linens were changed every couple of days (unless a daily change is requested). Overall, very comfortable and restful nights. Housekeeping was pretty standard. No major issues, although they did miss replacing a washcloth every other day.
Two large flat screen TVs. One on the wall directly in front of the bed, at a good viewing distance. The other TV was in the living room area across from the couch. Premium video was offered (which I did not explore) as well as a basic selection of TV shows, almost half of which were news channels. Internet access was easy to setup, was stable, fast and free. Often free Internet comes at a cost, speed and stability. The service did go completely down one night, but was back up the next day. Free printing (via web page and code) is offered. Oddly, the printer in lounge was not accessible, so I had to print to the business office on the ground floor.
Noise levels overall were very quiet. If you are very sensitive to noise, I'd choose the side away from the highway just to be sure. There was the occasional airplane, which could be loud, but only for a few seconds at most. Traffic patterns changed daily so airplanes didn't fly overheard every day. Even on the days where traffic flew by, it ended no later than 11p.m.
Drinks in the Club Lounge were well stocked (water, soda, milk, juice) for anytime enjoyment, to include the weekends. Wine/beer was available on request, and only offered Mon-Thur. The evening snacks were not offered on Friday, Sat or Sunday nights, which I found annoying as not all business people fly out on Friday or arrive on Monday. However, during my last week it looked like hours were going to be expanded. Breakfast offered a few hot choices which varied during the week (bacon, pancakes, eggs, etc), weak coffee, cereal and fruit. Basic breakfast.
A laundry room is located next to the pool. It had the older style washer and dryers, and were priced at $1 per load. It was nice to have it priced at an even number. The room was clean, had a TV, chairs and a bathroom. It was also secured with your room key.
Two large flat screen TV's
Free, fast and stable Wireless Internet
Refrigerator, Microwave and Coffee Maker
Comfortable large Bed
Heater/AC that works
Free and fast Internet
Desk with desk-level plugs
Ample Free Parking
Very Clean Laundry Room
Easy access to Ft. Sam, Airport and North Star Mall
Complimentary selection of toiletries, to include toothpaste
Balcony Door opens...fresh air!
View of Airport
Some road noise
Occasional Airplane traffic flyovers (no later than 11p.m.)
Nothing of note nearby, had to drive almost everywhere. Although a Luby's is next door.
No To-Go Coffee cups stocked in room
No selection of tea
Only Small packets of powdered creamer
Old, thin Windows...must leak energy year-round!
Only the most basic of TV channels
Club Breakfast not as good as it could be
Club Lounge not open Fri-Sunday
Complementary USA Today vs Wall Street Journal
Large open gap between door and threshold (potential privacy issue)
Non-lockable Balcony Door (hazard to young kids)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel! Serving as the gateway to all that San Antonio has to offer, Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport is not your typical airport hotel. Offering affordable luxury, the Crowne Plaza provides guests with all the amenities and services expected at a first class full service hotel. Removing stress from the minute you arrive, our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio Intl Airport-SAT will also transport you to your destination within a 3 mile radius of the hotel between the hours of 6 AM - midnight. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of San Antonio, whether your travels bring you to San Antonio on business, pleasure or a mix of both. The hotel is accessible to all San Antonio area attractions, including the historic Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, upscale shopping at North Star Mall and Shops at La Cantera, the Quarry Market and Golf Club, Market Square and of course, the world famous Riverwalk and Rivercenter. From the minute you enter our doors experience southern hospitality in modern elegance. Our lobby offers an intimate library with fireplace coupled with the soothing sounds of an indoor water feature making it the perfect place to surf the web on our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet or take your laptop poolside to our outdoor heated pool and enjoy the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Airport