“ANOTHER GREAT STAY AT THIS SAN ANTONIO COMFORT SUITES”

Comfort Suites North IH 35
Ranked #196 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Comfort Suites, 11526 IH 35 N., San Antonio, Texas; (210-656-46000). Our family has stayed at this hotel on several different occasions, and it is definitely our hotel of choice in San Antonio. For one thing, it is far enough outside the center of San Antonio that the traffic congestion is improved; and the rates seem to be better than those hotels in the interior of San Antonio and those in San Marcos and New Braunfels. It only takes 15 minutes to drive on I-35 from this hotel to downtown San Antonio and about the same amount of time to drive to the fun activities in San Marcos/New Braunfels.

This time when we arrived at the Comfort Suites and moved into our first-floor room, the heater did not seem to work. The weather was amazingly cold for San Antonio. When we reported the problem, the hotel management immediately moved us to the third floor where we had an even larger room that was nice and warm. Every staffer at this hotel went out of his way to be friendly and helpful.

Here are some of the pluses to this hotel: well-priced, lovely lobby, sofa chairs and large-screen TV in breakfast area plus usual tables and chairs, various types of coffees in the lobby, sliding doors, luggage carts, free newspapers, full breakfast with waffles/eggs/biscuits/gravy/juices/cereals, clean rooms, attractive bedspread/comforters/pillows, queen-size bed with pull-out queen sleeper, big closet for hanging clothes, ironing board, one large stuffed chair and also comfortable desk chair, large-screen TV set, lots of towels in bathroom, nice shower with well-placed handicap bars, large mirror, microwave/refrigerator/coffee bar, alarm clock, computer desk with lots of plug-ins, high-speed computer access in business center, nice swimming pool and fitness room.

Check-out was quick and efficient with friendly staffers throughout the hotel. We definitely enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank DonnaGarner222
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Mrs. Garner,

Thank you for taking the time out to survey our hotel and staff. I always enjoy reading that our guests enjoyed their stay and that our staff did an exceptional job making your stay in San Antonio an enjoyable experience. I have printed your review for the entire staff to see because I know that they enjoy reading their hard work is recognized as much as I do. Your review will not only motivate us as a team, but the guest can use this tool to choose a hotel for their stay as well.
Again, thank you for allowing us to serve you and your husband with top notch customer service and we look forward to serving you in the future as well.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites North IH 35

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Truly a two room suite with two tv's and a door to close off the bedroom. Seating area is more than adequate for most needs. Microwave, refrigerator, small prep area. Comfortable beds, good internet speeds and a very professional and friendly staff make this a fine choice for anybody. There is a Cracker Barrel next door and other dining choices, as well as a convenience store within walking distance. We've stayed here several times over the course of several years and it's a very good choice for us. Our only complaint is the television in the bedroom is to low...but that's minor.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Linda,

Thank you for such kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We enjoy reading positive comments and that our hard work paid off and that your stay was a pleasant and memorable experience. When returning to San Antonio, we look forward to serving you with excellent customer services once again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived to two of the friendliest front desk clerks on the planet. Checked us in very quickly and suggested we eat at the place next door. Awesome suggestion!!! Go eat there! You won't be sorry you did. OK. Back to here. The rooms are huge. The bed is super duper comfortable. The fitness center is great. The breakfast is amazing! They have a "guest" flavor of waffles every day on top of the regular ones. This morning was blueberry. Awesome!! The young lady that takes care of the breakfast room takes pride in her work and it shows. If ever back in SA we will definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheArdsofSC

TheArdsofSC,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel and staff. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our Texas shaped blueberry waffles as so many of our guests do. We offer strawberry and cinnamon as well which are just as delicious. I'm so pleased that you slept well as we get so many positive comments on the "comfort" of our beds. Our breakfast hosts continue to do an exceptional job everyday to ensure that every guests breakfast experience is a memorable one. I am also pleased to hear that our fitness center was to your satisfaction as we just renovated our center in August 2013. We know that our guests have a choice when choosing a hotel and we are very pleased that you chose us and hope to see you and your family real soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The breakfast was very good and by far one of the best I have seen in awhile. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable which is very important to me when selecting a place to stay. The friendliness of the staff is felt the moment you walk in the door as you are greeted with a warm welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Donna751,

Thank you for completing your survey and especially for being our guest. Reviews are a perfect training tool to monitor what we're doing right as well as an opportunity to improve. From all of us at the Comfort Suites IH-35 North in San Antonio, we thank you for being our guest and hope you'll choose us again when visiting the alamo city.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were in San Antonio to celebrate my husband's birthday and all of our family gathered at my brothers home. We really enjoyed the hotel stay, awesome breakfast, and the very friendly staff especially Jennifer. She really was a great help. It was a great weekend and we will return back to this hotel on our next trip.

Carlos S.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Connie S.

I want to say Happy belated Birthday to your husband from all of us at the Comfort Suites IH-35 North in San Antonio. I am very pleased that your stay was a great and memorable experience. Jennifer continues day after day to make every guests stay a pleasant experience and she sincerely enjoys her job at the hotel and it definitely shows. I want to thank you for taking time out to review our hotel and staff members and we look forward to you and your family returning as our guests in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed fot my nephew's birthday, and we all loved the hotel! Popcorn in the lobby, delicious breakfast, and friendly staff. Easy to navigate around the city, 30 minute drive to Schlitterbahn waterpark. Rooms were very clean, and extra linens ready as needed. We will definetly be returning back to this hotel our next time in San Antonio!

Room Tip: 313 & 312 were our rooms, next to elevator but still very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Katrina C,

Happy Birthday to your Nephew! We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that all of our hard work is reflecting on our guest experiences. I agree that we are located in San Antonio where it's very easy to get to all the major attractions that our city has to offer. We look very forward to your arrival in the future and we will continue to do our best to make your stay a very memorable experience once again. We know you have a choice when choosing a hotel and pleased that you chose us. Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel and staff.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The rooms are old, smells like mold and are not maintained at all! VERY DATED. The staff wears sweats at the front desk and housekeeping. Came down to the front desk at 9PM to get some towels. (the housekeeper only left 1 bath towel and 1 wash cloth in room). Tried to call front desk 5 times no answer. When I came down I waited 15 minutes until the girl appeared from the back. Looked like she was sleeping! I stayed here based on reviews. There is no way possible that this out dated facility could have this many good reviews. After speaking to some of the staff over my two night stay, I was told that the GM writes reviews. They even offered me a huge discount if I wrote a positive review which I turned down. Also if you read the review responses, the GM only responds to positive reviews. Interesting?
I was also told that the "owner" couldn't afford new towels when I asked why they only left one in my room. I would have checked out after the first night but every other hotel was sold out in that area.
I am a Choice Privledges member and stay at Comfort Suites all of the time. I am very surprised the Choice Hotels allows this property to have the CS name.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank John A
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Mr. John A,

I wanted to thank you for taking time out to review our hotel. I regret to say that this review was a surprise to read as we are a top ranked hotel in the San Antonio market and was awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2013. As a General Manager, I do not write reviews which is against trip advisors terms and regulations as well as unethical but I do read them on a daily basis and respond to each and every review, good or bad. We are currently going through a soft renovation right now with new carpeting, fresh paint and a new bedding package in all rooms which will be completed by years end. I do apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and hope you will give us another try in the future once we complete some of our renovations to show the improvements. Again, thank you for taking time out to review our hotel and staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Uptown Broadway
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
#155 of 358 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North

Been to Comfort Suites North IH 35? Share your experiences!