“Mold covered wall”

Ranked #187 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Central texas
“Mold covered wall”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked the room in advance for an event in town. Lobby area looked very unkempt and in need of upgrading. We checked in and went to the room. On the hallway floor outside of our doorway was a filthy toilet brush. We stepped around it and entered our room to discover it had a musty smell. We saw that the sheets on one of the beds was in shreds. We opened the closet door to find the source of the smell: One wall of the closet was covered with MOLD! We promptly returned to the front desk and informed the clerk and the manager that we would NOT be staying here and left to find another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RetiredBandMan
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Mr. RetiredBandMan,

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for you encountering mold in the closet area of your guestroom. We did some investigating to find out where the moisture was coming from for mold to start and found that we had a roof leak directly above the closet in this room and had a roofer come out to repair the issue as well as had the mold properly treated, removed and repainted with a moisture inhibitor. We sincerely apologize for this oversight on our part and did our best to resolve the issue. I sincerely invite you and your family to give us another try in the future and we will do our best to ensure a pleasant and memorable experience.

(210) 656-4600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2013

the outside of the motel has patchy paint , broken neon signage and is off the interstate next to a bunch of fast food not exactly the ritz carlton but anyways...i'ma call my favorite staff person bumble bea becuz she greeted me as soon as i walked in in the morning and gave me all the spoons and forks i could ask for. i gotta have my forks. the indoor pool was nice, but man does it echo when unattended childrens are hooting and hollerin all over. that's not the hotels fault i could've complained but its not my style. my room was nice enough, comfy beds and stuff. my fridge was off bro couldn't keep my beerskis cold but the night lady with the red glasses, man, she ran up and down the stairs so fast to try and help me with it and stupid me man it wasn't plugged in. she saved the day for my budlights. oh and breakfast was killer, eggs and potatoes and your very own sweet grandma-like lady to serve it to you. i stayed here for work but i'll probably be back for fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Mr. Dante D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and the kind words regarding some of our staff members. We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has a pleasant and memorable stay. We are currently going through a renovation and painting is one that is already in progress. I will look into our signage to correct the issue. I want to thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites IH-35 North in San Antonio and we look forward to your arrival in the near future. I use these reviews to enhance our guest experience and to improve and motivate staff and always reward them with a job well done. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary hot american breakfast as our breakfast is always a big success with other guests as well. We sincerely value you as our guest and invite you back when visiting our great city of San Antonio.

Jeff Vienne / General Manager
Comfort Suites IH-35 North (TX917)
Uvalde
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My family & I have booked a night at this hotel and are very much looking forward to it based on my booking experience with Jennifer. If the hotel is as great in service as she was in making our reservation it will be fantastic. She went out of her way in being helpful to e-mail me instructions on how to get from our dr's office to the hotel and to the next dr's visit the following day. Thank you, Jennifer. I will be writing another review after our stay. Cheryl

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Cheryl,

Thank you for the review and very pleased your reservation process was a great experience. Jennifer is very cordial and goes above and beyond to make our guests happy. We look very forward to your arrival and confident that your stay will be an enjoyable experience as well. If you have any questions regarding your upcoming stay, always feel free to call us and we will be more than happy to accomodate. I will share this with Jennifer and let her know what a great job she is doing. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to review your reservation experience and look very forward to your arrival.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pleasant greetings upon arrival from Alex. He's very friendly as well as all the other staff members.
Very spacious and clean room, except the desk chair and sofa need to be upgraded. A little dirty and too soft - you kinda sinks when sitting on it. The a/c is very noisy and not cold enough, but luckily it is not too hot outside, so it was bearable.
All in all, our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Jazzraz,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and staff. We are currently going through a renovation with new carpeting already in place as well as painting our guestrooms throughout. We are currently working on replacing our executive chairs in our guestrooms and should have this completed very soon. We are also renovating to a new bedding package that will be completed by years end. I have issued a work order to our maintenance department for that pesky A/C and will have that repaired today. I am very pleased that your stay was pleasant and invite you back in the future so you can see our property improvements first hand. I will let Alex know that he did an exceptional job welcoming you to our hotel. Thank you for being our guests and look very forward to providing you and your family with an exceptional guest experience.

Wylie, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Antonio, Texas. The service is great, nice indoor pool, good breakfast too, I've enjoyed my stay here very much. lots of restaurants very close to the hotel. I'm going on three months, off and on ,of staying here so believe me its not just a one time experience I am speaking about. Try them and you will see.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank manueldhabolt
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Manuel,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and providing great feedback regarding our staff and amenities. I use these reviews in my meetings to keep my staff motivated and reward them with a job well done and use the reviews to better our hotel when our customers make recommendations. We sincerely value you as our guest and thank you for returning time after time. We will be upgrading our guestrooms this year to a new bedding package and some additional upgrades to our rooms so you will see some great enhancements in the near future that will make our rooms even more inviting. We strive for superb guest satisfaction and looks like we are reaching our goals. Again, thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your arrival very soon.

Comfort Suites IH-35 North
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This trip was great. I want the management staff to know Rebecca at breakfast was awesome and served us breakfast when they stoped serving since only Kid was not feeling well and kept us up all night. Great Hotel Great property also Alex was great at the front desk cool guy!!!! We will be back

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so they all are good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ronald A
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Ronald,

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel and staff. We strive daily for 100% guest satisfaction and as a manager, I always enjoy reading positive comments and very pleased that your stay was a memorable experience. I will share your feedback with Rebecca and Alex as well as the entire staff for a job well done. I hope your son/daughter is feeling much better now and invite you and your family back to the Comfort Suites IH-35 North in the future. We know you have a choice when choosing a hotel and we're very pleased you chose us. Again, thank you for the kind words and look forward to your return one day.

Jeff Vienne / General Manager
Comfort Suites IH-35 North (TX917)
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. Clean. I was greeted with a warm smile when I checked in. I especially liked the peace and quiet while I was there. Breakfast was excellent. I i would surely stay here again. DTN.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Nearhoodd
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#186 of 355 in San Antonio

Been to Comfort Suites North IH 35? Share your experiences!