“NEVER AGAIN CHOICE HOTELS, NEVER AGAIN!”

Comfort Suites North IH 35
Ranked #195 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The entire hotel smelled like the chlorine from the swimming pool. The floors had visible dirt and mud on them. The carpets were stained in the halls and carpet and furniture was stained in my room. The sheets were soiled in my room. There were bugs in my bed. The toilet leaked water onto the floor. The bath room was dirty under the counter. The WIFI did not work, (I tried it on four devices). The manager was rude, and did not return phone calls, and the staff at the front desk and the hotel seemed to fear the manager and owner. The owner concealed her identity and made we wait two days to see a manager. I had to play the waiting game to see him only because I sat in the lobby and waited. He was rude, and showed very little leadership. I was charged $119.00 per night for a sleazed motel that resembled a place where drug dealer and prostitutes hang out. When I realized who the manager and owner were, it all made perfect sense. The classic story of a money hungry owner and a slum lord working together to destroy the standard class of America middle class. Their classless behavior would prohibit them from remembering the lesson from Hospitality 101. Clean and COMFORTable----it’s in the names on the building, and they still missed the mark. Shame.
NEVER AGAIN CHOICE HOTELS, NEVER AGAIN! The health department will hear from me.

Room Tip: Select th location on I35 closet to downtown with th Blue tin roof
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alvin H
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites North IH 35

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed here 10 days and nights and have been very happy with our time here. The whole staff has been wonderful! The breakfasts are complete with protein items as well as carb items and waffles. Everything you could want for breakfast and such pleasant care for any breakfast needs. The rooms staff is very efficient and anxious to please and the front desk staff is so kind and hospitable. The rooms are spacious with comfortable seating and pleasant decor. Over all it is the best hotel accomodations we've ever had in a median priced hotel. We found only one thing we would have preferred to be better. The lighting is not as adequate as we would have liked. But we would give this hotel a five star rating.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We have had a room here for the last year everyday sometimes 3 your staff has been nothing but kind and helpful they treat us with great respect.Karen H. is really good to us and helps all she can.The manager David goes out of his way to make sure everything isokay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank brian l
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a regular basis for 3 months and just loved the staff there.... Karyn the manager is outstanding.... She is very friendly and accommodating during our stay... We had to have our Shih-tzu with us and she was even attentive to him...We have really enjoyed the staff there, they made us feel at home there....

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I just want to Karyn H at the front desk was incredible. I came in town for my granddaughters soccer tournament. She was extremely helpful with giving us recommendations for restaurants, directions to closest target and making sure we had a late check out. Unfortunately the soccer tournament was rained out but we will definitely stay here again. Very close to everything needed and Karyn's service was icing on the cake.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel has given us a experience to remember. All employees especially Karin here most accomodating I have ever experienced. Room exceptionally clean, smells clean as soon as you hit the door. Will be back here to stay again. If I have to find something negative website advertises Heated indoor pool and pool is indor but not heated.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rsdeacon
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at Comfort Suites and I will not stay there again. One of the reasons I chose the hotel was for the swimming pool. I had my 4 children with me and the heater to the pool was currently broke. The breakfast was poor. It was the same thing all 4 days I was there. The microwave in the room didnt work and had to be replaced. I had to call for housekeeping to come take dirty linens and trash. The refrigerator in the room was at room temp and did not keep our food cold. The ONLY thing I complained about was the pool and the fact that my children were looking forward to it and the manager said, "oh, sorry." She did nothing to try and make it up. It was a looong 4days with 4 children and no pool. I will not go back to that hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
#155 of 358 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North

Been to Comfort Suites North IH 35? Share your experiences!