“loved it and would stay again”

Comfort Suites North IH 35
Ranked #197 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“loved it and would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Everything you need on a budget. The room was spacious it had a livingroom area, the bathroom was large, and we had double beds...great room...flat screen tv..would stay again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
SAN ANTONIO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

I recently booked a stay, at this Comfort Suites location. As a frequent user of the Hilton brand, I thought I'd try something new. Big mistake! After checking in, finding dinner and settling in for the night, I thought everything was okay. The curtains were dirty, and there was a visible stain on the bedsheets, but I figured they were just stains and not actual filth. Around midnight I finished up with work and went to the bathroom to shower. I just happened to look up, and low and behold...a feminine douche bottle was perched on top of the light fixture. (???!!!!!) As a medical professional, I was immediately disgusted. I checked out the next morning, after reserving a room with Hampton Suites. When I explained why I'd be checking out early, all I got was an "Oh, I'm sorry." When I called Monday to speak with a supervisor, I got I'm sorry again. (The lady who answered the phone claimed she was the supervisor...but I seriously doubt that.) No refund...nothing! This is completely unacceptable. For $89.99 per night, before taxes, I at least expect a clean room! Very disappointed!!! For some reason this site is not allowing me to post the pictures I took, but that's fine.

Room Tip: Stick with the Hilton brand!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TX-Nurs
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed with a group of 9 Daisy Girl Scouts and their mothers. The staff was super accommodating and helpful beyond expectations. The hotel is immaculate. Take your showers at night to avoid the rush on the hot water, but outside of that, the stay was perfect. The beds are super comfortable. And the staff are friendly and polite. My daughter left her favorite stuffed animal in the room and they are kind enough to be sending him home to a very happy little girl.

Room Tip: Speak with Karyn if you are staying with a group.
  • Stayed April 2011
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel. However, we stayed on the second floor and could hear every footstep from the room above us. They sounded, at times, like a herd of elephants. So, if I ever go back, I will only stay on the top floor. The indoor pool was well maintained. The workout equipment was good, but the weight machine was broken. The breakfast was good and fresh.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KTrouble
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I am happy that the majority of your stay was pleasant. Please let us know your request when you make your next reservation so we may look after you and your family! Best Regards.
ft lee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

i would like to begin by stating that the hotel was clean. very well kept. very accommodating and concerned with any needs. the staff was polite,courteaous,generous and caring. i would like to personally send a thank you to Jessica, she helped my stay there be comfortable and i would come back anytime.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We appreciate the comments and the mentioned employee received a commendation!
Garland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

My family and I stayed here for one night while we attended a convention in downtown San Antonio. Front desk was very helpful and the clerk on duty even greeted me by name a couple of times later in the day as I passed by. This hotel is obviously an older property that has been renovated (evident by some minor stray paint brush strokes on a door jam) but the room, lobby and breakfast area are very clean and fresh. The room was a little larger than some other Comfort Suites I have stayed in and the beds were very comfortable. There is an indoor swimming pool that my daughter was able to enjoy in the middle of February. She didn’t go into the hot tub, but other guests told me that it was very relaxing. The hotel is on I-35 and it was very easy to go downtown to and back. Even though the building is right on the highway, we didn't hear any highway noise in the evening. The breakfast offering was excellent, including scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns along with the usual continental-style items. Also on the breakfast bar are waffle irons that produce the Texas-shaped waffles. I might add that the coffee in the lobby was actually decent. This is a non-smoking hotel and I don’t smoke, but in the corner of the parking lot there is a covered smoking area complete with a picnic table and a permanently-installed ash tray for those who do. This was a problem-free stay in a very nice hotel at a good value. I will definitely consider this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank brianp1955
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the comments and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. KUDOS to Osbry Millendir at the front desk. He was a breath of fresh air after a long over the ride drive. Thanks Osbry!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ploudd
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North
Northeast San Antonio
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#210 of 354 in San Antonio
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio N...
#126 of 354 in San Antonio

Been to Comfort Suites North IH 35? Share your experiences!