TripAdvisor
San Antonio
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent Puerto Rican Food ”

Luna Rosa Puerto Rican Grill y Tapas
Order Online
Ranked #234 of 5,520 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

I heard about this restaurant watching a food network show. My family went the next day. The drinks are tasty and very unique. I ordered the red snapper and it was delicious. The arroz con gandules and beans were very well seasoned. You must get the nachos, made from thinly sliced plantains served with pork, beans, with cheese melted on top.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed July 14, 2019

The menu is filled with authentic PR dishes that are well executed. The bar has really unique mixers, served up with genuinely friendly staff who make you feel welcome. The tapas menu is not big but has some very tempting offerings. The full menu is more extensive. Don’t let the strip mall exterior put you off, the inside decor is simple but nice, clean and the food and staff make this a must try.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

Clean and nice restaurant.Friendly staff.Food was very good but a little pricey.The restaurant was located in a good area.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Erika071875
Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

I visited this place based on a recommendation and it did not disappoint! The Chuleta can-can is delicious I would highly recommend this place if you’re in the area it may become one of your favorite places.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Jtorres1
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Puerto Rican friends took me to eat Puerto Rican food. I was looking forward to it but was totally disappointed. It took over an hour to get the food and when we got it it was cold and had to be sent back to warm up. The rice was not cook. It was too crunchy for me. We were not the only one complaining. Several guests from other tables were also upset that it taking too long to get the food. I have eaten PR food before and liked it but I will not eat again at this restaurant. I think that the problem was they did not have enough personal in the kitchen because our waitress and the owner had to go help in the kitchen.

Date of visit: April 2019