“Smoke Free Please”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Alamo Heights
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stopped by after a late night meeting with my associates. It's nice with the bar food, fried mushrooms, and whatever, but the smoke is too much. The waitresses are really helpful, and sweet, but the smoke was a deterant. I would not bring my kids, or wife. We are a smoke free family. Don't get me wrong, each to his own, but with a closed door, it is too much.

There are newer reviews for The Lion & Rose Pub

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped in at the Loop 410/Blanco Road location on a Friday evening. We were staying at the Aloft hotel next door, and wanted to get a drink or two when we returned from dinner. Looks like a nice place, and all went well until we got to the bar and ordered two margaritas on the rocks. I know, I know - it's an English pub!! We are, however at a bar in San Antonio - which should mean you could get a decent margarita! Wrong! When I saw her coming with them, I knew they were going to be bad. They were in a daquiri glass with a cherry and orange slices, and were bright yellow. As native Texans, we have had a few margaritas in our 40-some years, and this was bottom of the barrel - sweet & sour mix with some rough tequila! I have gotten better tequila at the Spec's Outlet bargain bin for less than $10 a bottle. The "best" part is that we decided to cut our losses and get out only to discover when we got our bill that our margaritas were "top shelf" and we were charged $9 for each of them! What a joke!!! Definitely skip this place!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Don't do it! We had horrible service with waitress Jennifer Costello last week at the Sonterra location. I normally don't complain, but my husband NEVER received his food. So, I emailed the main office the next day. I thought that was it, until the waitress had her friend track me down online and start harassing and verbally assaulting me for complaining about her. If this is considered acceptable behavior, they've lost a customer for life.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I visit the one at Blanco and 410 a couple of nights per month with a few friends for a late night snack. Waitresses have always been friendly and the place isn't rowdy. I really like the fried mushrooms and the creme broule cheese cake. I have ordered fried calamari twice. First time it was great, second time it chewed like rubber.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Pretty waitress with a terrific smile. Great menu and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is sports bar like, but the choices on the menu offer much more than typical. Smoking is allowed in the bar area which was awesome for the smokers in our party.