“the shypoke eggs and tater tots are sooooo good”
Review of Timbo's

Timbo's
Ranked #1,344 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I like Timbo's because of their previous location by Metropolitan hospital. Same menu. Giant burgers, perfectly done.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a great find. Delicious, tastes like home cooked on the grill burgers that are huge. I had a cheeseburger that melted in my mouth with each bite and the aroma of smoked bacon. My husband had the "Timbo" burger, which he devoured, too. Passing by Timbo's on our way to eat Mexican food the night before, the name caught my eye (we have a son who is named Timothy and I still refer to him as Timbo. Marriott Plaza hotel staff gave it thumbs up. It was a bit of a ride from our hotel, but definitely worth the time and effort. The server was pleasant and patient as we fiddled with the table-side music player and making sure my husband had a salt-free burger and fries. She said, "We don't salt anything." It was a great place. Quiet on a Thur. at 1:30 p.m., but I gather it shakes, rattles and rolls with quite a crowd in the evenings (lots of great music options). If you've got a calling for no-nonsense, delicious food that partners up with burgers, this is worth the drive. Can you imagine sitting at your desk, scanning the "net" while diving into a huge and juicy burger....get on over to Timbo's. If we get back to San Antonio, we'll return.

1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Timbo's is owned by a long time character that worked at the legendary Little Hipps. A San Antonio burger institution. They have re-created it! I love the burgers! Just the way they should be! They serve fries and tots and some bar items. Not alot on the menu besides burgers, shy poke eggs (nachos) and maybe a chicken sandwich. They do burgers and that's it! Can be hard to miss although it's near the Pearl Brewery which is exploding. Go to Timbo's not some overpriced place. There is outdoor seating and a jukebox. Only knock on Timbo's is they are closed on Sat. and Sun. I guess the owner needs time off but that is when most people go out to eat! It's my top 3 burgers in SA.

1  Thank Chadsaeswt
Reviewed September 25, 2009

while on trip to sa,we all stopped to get a burger and paid too much for the bread and hockeypuck so called burger .no quality here better off at mickey d 's..any way we4 paid and tried to make friendly chat with the bearded cashier /statue,and he just ignored us as he took our hard plastic pssst.,i dont think he likes our kind,maybe he should get ba different job or move to a whiter country.and better food

Reviewed July 29, 2009

I was under the impression that this place was going to be as good as Little Hipps and it was a far cry from being even close to Little Hipps. You are much better off going to the original location of Little Hipps as it is now called Armadillos. The burgers are much more tastier and a better value for the money. The wait staff were pretty slow and the owner looked like he was angry at the world. Never once did he ever show a smile to the patrons that were in the restaurant today. Really bad attitude and it was reflective in most of the employees there.

1  Thank maximumimpact