“Delicious and Unique, Local Vibe!”
Review of Chunky's Burgers

Chunky's Burgers
Ranked #340 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
San Antonio
“Delicious and Unique, Local Vibe!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I saw this place on Man v/s Food, it's located in an area you would never find unless you looked it up. It looks to be an old house converted into a restaurant. They have any type of burger you can think of. I had the 4 Horsen burger and I must say, it was the Hottest thing I had ever tasted, it's rather large and filled with the Hottest peppers. I could only eat half and was sweating trying to do that, unless you want to torture yourself, I would not recommend! The heat took away from the flavor. It's not worth the $24 price tag for a burger!!
My family ate the other burgers on the menu. They will prepare any burger the way you want. It's made fresh to order! They have a large patio outside you can sit and enjoy your meal, the staff is young but service was good! It's very casual, but clean. We enjoy eating here when in the mood for a good burger!

2 Thank alstevens

Salado, Texas
“Good Burgers Cheap”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family of 7 had dinner here for right around $30 before tip. All the food was prepared quickly and in large quantities. The only complaint was my wife wasn't so happy with the mushroom burger as she thought it had too much mayonnaise, but we will go there again and I'm sure they will make it to however we specify.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Dorothy M
San Antonio TX
“Great”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Awsome burgers and value. Great atmosphere and service. Will return soon. Thank you staff for a great meal and experience

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chris C
Richmond, Virginia
“Not as bad as I expected”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Before I went, I read the reviews on urbanspoon and was surprised that it wasn't that good of a place to eat. Apparently the staff goofs off a lot, the food is marginal and the restaurant is often out of items. The first question I asked when I got to the counter is what they were out of. This time it was some minor condiment. I thought the food was good and it was a better place than I expected. I' d go back again.

• Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Burgers, but Beware the Spicy Ghost Chili”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We went to Chunky's Burgers for lunch recently after watching it on Man vs. Food. It was very empty: only a few people were there. The outdoor seating felt very much like a country style restaurant. Most of the burgers were between $4 and $7 (perhaps because they don't come with a side), and there were a lot of different specialty burgers. We inquired about the Four Horsemen but decided that the over $20 might not be worth it for lunch. My dad, instead, ordered the Ghost Burger, one with the dreaded ghost chili but priced at a more reasonable $12. My dad is no stranger to spice, and, when he first took a bite of the burger, he declared it not spicy at all, instead a very delicious burger. However, the burger got spicier as he ate more of it, and he eventually decided that he couldn't finish all the ghost chilis. I ordered the Bean Burger: a burger topped with refried beans and Fritos corn chips. Both worked extremely well with the burger. The fries were average, but the onion rings were extremely crispy and delicious. If you're here for a sampling of the dreaded ghost chili pepper, try ordering the Ghost Burger instead of the Four Horsemen. You'll get those horribly spicy chilis at a more reasonable price than the Four Horsemen. If you really think you can handle all the spice of the different peppers, by all means, go for the Four Horsemen.

• Visited December 2011