Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills
Ranked #117 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Alexandria, La
“Overall, we were pleased!”
Reviewed August 9, 2008

Our stay here was good, the room (double queen ) although small was clean, the decor was nice and contemporary, and the beds were comfortable. The rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave. The customer service was good and accommodating especially Ms. Deanna at the front desk. The free shuttle to Seaworld saved us on having to park and walk a distance to seaworld. By the way...seaworld is less then five minutes away. The free breakfast was very good, my kids especially loved making the waffles, which were surprisingly delicious. The breakfast also included jimmy dean bacon/egg sandwiches, boiled eggs, cereal, english muffin, toast, fruit, yogurt, etc. The pool provided towels which I thought was great! The only drawback is there isn't any shopping or resturants near the hotel but there is a grocery store down the street. The plus, you don't have to worry about traffic if you're planning to go to seaworld. I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The free breakfast and free shuttle
  • Disliked — Not within walking distance to any shopping
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
texas
Reviewed August 5, 2008

Our family just travelled to Sea World San Antonio for the first time and can't wait to go again. This hotel was one of many that I checked into before actually booking it. We have a brady bunch family and needed a room large enough to accomodate all of us. We stayed in the Queen Suite and it was PERFECT. They provided us with one rollaway. They offer Sea World 2 day passes for purchase in the lobby for a couple dollars less than if you bought them online or at the gate. The shuttle was perfect for us and saved money on parking. Plus, we were able to leave the park, come back to change into dry clothes, and go back to the park.
The continental breakfast had something for everyone....even our pickiest eater. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. We were able to go to a Wal-Mart that was 8 minutes away to get some microwave food and some other things that were left at home.

We were extremely happy with our stay and will DEFINITELY stay there again! Especially since DisneyWorld San Antonio will be there and they're building 2 other Marriott hotels right there also, this one will be the least expensive. Can't wait to go back!!!!

• Liked — Continental breakfast and the free shuttle to/from Sea World
  • Disliked — pool closed at 10pm
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2008

This is a very new and nice hotel that has a great location if you're planning to spend more than one day at Sea World. However, the use of the word "suite" is a stretch as is their advertising of a "privacy wall" in the king studio suite. The privacy wall has a huge hole in it and might as well not be there at all. We also had twice requested a crib and then were told that they were all gone even though we checked in around 3:30 pm.

That being said, we might stay there again as the price is good for its proximity to Sea World, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was fine.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
BA OK
Reviewed May 14, 2008

First the agent lied about my previous calls.... Then they forgot to mention the connecting-room-king suites are handicap-accessible and don't even have a tub....only the floor with a drain, a seat built into the wall and a curtain. The king and queen rooms are very small.... you have to have a suite to have a decent size room and they don't have many. We were here during the open house, thinking all would be okay --- wrong. The elevator was out 2 days and we were on the 3rd floor. The toilet seat slipped and pinched. The pool had so many chemicals it caused my kids to break out with a rash. And the pool is tiny. It does have a jacuzzi but it holds only 4 adults. The king beds are smaller than our king at home and very uncomfortable. The small fridge froze our salad one day and wouldn't keep pop cold the next. No one ever apologized for the error with our reservations. One of the desk clerks did move us and made some suggestions, but no one ever worked on trying to put us in a better room even though we paid for suites we were in regular, small rooms. Management is lacking in this facility...let me rephrase that - GOOD Management is lacking... DON'T BOOK THROUGH SEA WORLD VACATION PACKAGES. You have no recourse except to stay where you book, even when it isn't what was promised. We are not happy. Our 6 day stay is over $2500 and we are very dissatisfied. We haven't had a vacation since 2002 and this is a bust.... However, the complimentary breakfast was decent and comparable to other chains...Water pressure was good...The decor was nice and the 32" LCD was nice. Although our kids couldn't hook up their Playstation so they weren't very happy either....We will never stay at Fairfield again.......

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank shortymeekbaby
La Habra, California
Reviewed April 12, 2008

This Fairfield Inn property is fairly new. Great ambience when you come in. The decor is hip and modern. Check-in was relatively quick and the front-desk clerks were really nice and friendly.

The hotel has 3 floors. It offers free internet access. They offer free continental breakfast every morning. I did not get to take advantage of it but liked what I saw when I checked it out. They have orange juice, coffee, waffles, and pastries.

I booked a room with a King-sized bed. One of the things that I noticed was there was not a spare blanket or extra pillows in the closet that other hotels have. My room did have a flat screen TV which was great! It also has a small microwave and a small refrigerator tucked into the tall dresser. The closet has an iron and ironing board (one of my requirements as I do travel for business).

My bathroom was nice and clean. They have Pantene toiletries. For whatever reason, the housekeeping service did not provide me with lotion. I had to ask for it everyday at the front-desk and it was cheerfully provided to me. There was also a couple of days when the bathroom toiletries were not replenished. Again, when I informed the front-desk clerks, they gave me my supply for the day.

Both bedroom and bathroom linens were okay. My first comment was that I missed the thick towels at the Radisson and the Hyatt which were down the street. On the other hand, they were charging outrageous amounts due to the Final Four being held in San Antonio the week I was there. I had to remind myself that this was not a resort hotel and then I was okay with the linens after that :)

One of the things that I liked was that although the hotel had increased their rates due to the Final Four Basketball event in San Antonio, they also adjusted their rates after the event was finished. What I mean is that I paid about $290 for Sunday and Monday night and the rates went down to a decent $129 from Tuesday thru Thursday night. Both the Hyatt and the Radisson kept their high room rates thru the week :(

At night, they offer white chocolate macadamia and chocolate chip cookies - freshly baked; a nice touch.

The question would be - would I stay here again? If the prices between the 3 properties - Hyatt, Radisson, and the Fairfield were a few dollars of each other - the Fairfield will be my 3rd choice. Nothing against it, I just want to have a little more comfort when I travel.

• Liked — It was close to work, Sea World, and the freeway exit
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank 3amigosmom
depere wi
Reviewed April 4, 2008

The Fairfield is new and has a lovely decorum. We enjoyed our stay and loved the warm cookies at the desk in the early evening. The continental breakfast was average. The outdoor pool area was nice. We enjoyed the hottub but the pool was not heated and was a little cool even for those of us used to Lake Michigan in the summer. The Texas sun was divine. There is new construction in the area and that was noisy outside til 5 pm when they head home. Our room was very quiet and comfortable. The only drawback was that it is not really close to restaurants or activities. Downtown is 18 miles away and the nearest eats/shopping/activities is about 3 miles. It is a great place for a visit to Seaworld. They have a very nice shuttle to Seaworld as well.

• Liked — The comfort
  • Disliked — The isolation
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family