“Terrific Mongolian Grill”

Ranked #306 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
asf1
“Terrific Mongolian Grill”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We happened to just pass by, and thought we'd try it out. the place looks a little dated, but the food was great. Most Mongolian grills give you a few items that the chef can grill - chicken, shrimp, beef, noodles and vegetables. the choices here were spectacular ... all the previous mentioned items, and mussels! Lots of different veggies, and numerous sauces to add to the food. Service was terrific. My beverage was refiled constantly. I thinkl I paid around $10.

And the cooking - was like a show! the cooks (they worked for awhile, and then switched) flipped the food, showed their skills with the cooking unbtensils, and were very friendly.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank asf1

Spicewood, TX
“A trainwreck of a meal”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I’m on the road constantly and hit an old favorite or new Mongolian grill at least once a week.

My weekly cravin’ directed my attention to the HuHot sign off the freeway, so I whipped in, ready for a fix.

I should have turned around as soon as the door closed behind me. This place was set up similar to Khan’s, an establishment I only tried once, for good reason. But, I figured it might be worth a try so I cruised the selections, just to be sure, and grabbed a couple of bowls. They also had an enormous selection of sauces, so I was set to engage in a new experience.

The first thing I noticed was how small the white onions were cut. And then I found the green onions, and they were also cut wrong. Someone must’ve tossed the white ends (the best part); all that was left were the hollow green stalks. The carrots were also shredded much too small.
When I hit the sauces, I could not find hot oil. I should’ve shut the whole thing down at this point. I can’t eat Asian without hot oil. I did find some hot lookin’ stuff, and piled that on. The only garlic they had was garlic oil. I can’t eat a stir fry without crushed garlic, but I scraped the bottom of the bucket and managed to get some garlic, but it was coarsely granulated. I knew better; I should have punted and gone somewhere else.

The food was bland and the garlic tasted artificial. I went back through again and tried other sauces, but this just resulted in a mighty strange flavor and an equally terrible aftertaste.
I never got the fried rice I was promised, but I couldn’t wait to get out of this place.

It was awful. The onions were cut all wrong, and disappeared after cooking. There was no crushed garlic and no hot oil. What a mess. And it was overpriced.

Steer clear of this disaster if you prefer a real Mongolian grill experience. It was a trainwreck.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank 1twangster
little rock
“Too Many Choices”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visiting my sister and brother in law I was taken to Hu Hot and was really impressed. The choices of sauces for cooking were great. I preferd the Hot and sour mixed with garlic. Service was quick even when busy. I had never been to this style of cooking and don't know how to explain other than you pick your ingrediants and sauce and they grill fry/steam it. Loved it.

Westminster, Colorado
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

A nice place to have the grilled food. A nice selection of sea food and varieties in sauces. Yummy to the Tummy.

San Antonio, Texas
“A place to try”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Dishes you create with fresh ingredients. And it is a buffet so you ccan experiment with different vegetables, meats, and sauces. The only draw back is you smell like the place for a few hours after dining...but a small price to pay for a great eating experience.