“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My family and I were waiting for our flight to Mexico and I decided to get something to eat. I had the pepperoni pizza meal which included one slice of pizza, garlic knots, and a drink (free refills included). This pizza was great! The other thing that amazed me was how quickly customers were being served. My wife decided to go the the Auntie Anne's next door. While she was waiting for our daughter's meal, Famiglia was able to serve three times the customers than the other place did by the time my wife received her order. Overall, I rate this place excellent for their great pizza and great service. Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Famous Famiglia Pizza

Reviewed April 29, 2013

With very limited options in the terminal, this was a decent choice to make. Not sure I would return, though, unless I had a lot of time to waste.

PROS:

- Good pizza products (I had the garlic knots).
- Friendly staff. You could tell that they wanted to serve you with a friendly attitude.
- Clean seats.

CONS:

- The pasta was prepared poorly (a lot of water at the bottom of the bowl because they warmed up the pasta without appropriately draining it).
- Way too pricey. You pay a lot of money for very little.
- Although the seating area was clean, there were very few places to sit.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

I may return. I did find it nice to have a place to sit and relax. The food was decent, but nothing memorable.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find excellent tasting and value priced food at an airport! Famiglia surprised us with tasty pasta, fresh chunky sauce, huge tender and juicy meatballs, delightfully colorful salad and garlic knots.

The service was excellent and friendly and our average meal cost was $7

Famiglia restored our belief that healthy, tasty, reasonably priced food CAN be found at airports - at least at San Antonio!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Loved the garlic bread knots. They made my eyes roll. We went up and bought more! The mozzarella, tomato and basil pizza was phenominal. Crunchy on the entire bottom. Very, very tasty. Went up to buy more!! The cheese pizza was very good as well. Very, very good for a fast food establishment in an airport!!