“Great location and customer service; a little noisy & expensive”

Grand Hyatt San Antonio
Ranked #19 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Customer service (check-in and check-out plus answering questions and giving directions) was very good. Room amenities are modern and above average (finally someone put plugs where you need them). Oustanding pool if you like to swim. Biggest downsides: (1) walls are thin so very easy to hear hallway and elevator noise, and (2) $27 per day for parking (particularly when only parking in the evening) is expensive. Location is very convenient to restaurants and amenities of Riverwalk. Depending on room location (and how sound a sleeper you are), you may hear train whistles and there's a fair amount of train traffic through San Antonio.

Room Tip: Further from elevators if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our staff and pool area. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I checked into this hotel for a business trip. They location was excellent, right by the convention center and riverwalk. I asked the front desk, jokingly, for an upgrade. He was able to give me a bigger room! Awesome! I was mainly in and out of the room, but it was clean and comfortable. The bat was nice, good food and service. They are connected to Ruth Chris, so it was nice to grab a quick bite while on the way. Also, there coffee shop is open 24 hours. Great for families and business.

Stayed: July 2014
Stephanie C, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have stayed here many times and the service and hotel was wonderful. Platinum member of their program. Today we check in and the lobby is full of people in everything from bunny suits to Bo pee attire. Hundreds of them, 5 to a room plugging up the entire hotel. While the costumed folks were very pleasant in general the Hyatt has filled this building to the breaking point. Forget this place if you are here on business. Elevator lines 40 deep. Valet parking, hope you have some time. Help with your bags, forget it.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that the San Japan convention that was going on in the city affected the comfort and convenience of your stay. We assure you that is not the norm for the hotel. We hope to see you again for a future stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

As others have said, the staff is top-notch and our visit was no exception. But, TBH, I don't usually deal with the staff much (check-in/out and hallway banter) - as long as you are professional, pleasant, approachable, friendly and informative, I am very low maintenance as a guest. My feedback is really on the location and the room. Location? Can't be beat. Nuf said - if you are doing anything in downtown S.A. (e.g. Riverwalk, Alamo, etc.), this is a no-brainer - a good chunk of the rate was for "location" but in retrospect, it was well worth the extra money especially with unlimited in/out in covered (self) parking - most others are "valet only" which can bump up the total cost fast plus I'd rather park my own car, thank you. I had called in that morning for an early check-in and explained that I really wanted to do something nice for my wife... we ended up on the top (hotel) floor (the top-most 3 are residences) and I don't know if they upgraded the room or not but it was twice the size of our bedroom and everything was top-rate. We were almost eye-view with the Tower of the Americas (aka "Space Needle" which made for some really nice "mood lighting". Our stay was pricey and not something we can afford very often but it is definitely on our "we need to go back to..." list.

Room Tip: Free WiFi with Hyatt "frequent guest" card which is free to join. Even-numbered rooms look...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear our staff took great care of you and your wife! We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I must say its been awhile since i last visited and stayed in the Downtown area of San Antonio, the conference "Dani Johnson's First Steps to Success" we had the honor to attend could not have booked a better hotel. Outstanding!! The location, staff & ballroom has to be one of the best in the city, convenient to the airport & all downtown activities, along with countless places to eat. The rooms are very well appointed and in great shape with the amount of visitors to this hotel. The staff is what makes a hotel and they have some of the best working from the front desk to cleaning staff. Even with a conference of 1,500 people the movement of so many people went very good. Now when it comes to eating we all know the hotel cafe's ect can get a little over the top and a $13.00 hamburger was a bit pricy but then again the qaulity was outstanding.
We will be back and you can not go wrong should you be in the area and looking for a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rose6Ranch

Thank you for this outstanding review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location while in town for your conference. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Lobby made a GRAND statement. As we looked for our room we noticed the carpet was full of stains/dirt. Enter our room with double beds. One of the headboard had tearing. Not enough drawers for clothes. Desk & floor lamps were full of dust. Not enough counter space in the bathroom. Amenities shelf in tub was a bit rusty. Bath towels are really thin. Front desk staff are pleasant but not the ones I spoke to over the phone. Upon check out their system was down & therefore I was not able to review my charges. When I got home I received the eBill. I almost passed out as the charge per day was double what I was supposed to pay per day - over charged by over $300. I called a couple of times but was told system was still down. In the meantime my credit card is over charged. Just not the 4 star hotels I'm used to staying but it has potential.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. We apologize for your less than pleasurable experience. We would love to have another opportunity in the future to provide you with the standard of service both you and we expect.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The lobby is super nice but when you get to the room it is nothing more than a Holiday Inn. Rooms are tiny and the bathrooms are tiny as well. For the price there should be separate tub and a walk jn shower! The staff and service are excellent but you will be paying 4 star price for 2 star accommodations. I will go back to my regular Westin on the Riverwalk where I don't mind paying 4 star prices!

• Stayed: July 2014
Stephanie C, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014