“Disappointing Room” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Disappointing Room”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Took Atwood grade grade for a deluxe King, good sized room but lost 100 square feet to a hallway serving no purpose. The we're two minuscule drawers, with barely enough room for underwear and socks for four days. The closet was also tiny, our four days of clothes were jammed into it.

Bath had a shower/tub combination from the 50's. No robes! I do expect some amenities for $300 a night.

On the plus side we had electric outlets for all six devises, which is always a concern. And the high speed Internet never paused during our 4 days.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the fifth floor that have private patios.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canton, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt while attending a conference at the Gonzalez Convention Center. This hotel is one of the best I have ever stayed at for business. The location could not have been any better - it was literally a few steps to the nearest convention center door and few more steps got me to the River Walk – and from there all the city life is accessible.
Pros: Extremely polite and helpful staff, very clean lobby and room, comfortable bed, nice linens, large bathroom and bathroom countertop with good lighting, speedy internet, nice television, flexible lighting in room, desk with plugs for working, and huge kudos goes out to the Grand Hyatt for having electrical outlets on the top of both nightstands! I could plug in all my electronics to have them accessible from bed without moving furniture or running an extension cord!!
Cons: Pretty hard to come up with any. The bath products were a little fruity for my taste but probably high end. It is also not an inexpensive place to stay but at least they don’t leave you wishing for more for your money.

Room Tip: If you can get a room above the 20th floor, the elevator bank that serves those floors are less crow...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We used the Grand Hyatt San Antonio for our hotel to attend a meeting in the convention center. This hotel is connected to the convention center which made getting to and from the meeting easy and effortless. The check in process was efficient and the front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. Parking was easy as well. The room is slightly smaller than average but not an issues. The view is scenic and soothing. The bed was slightly softer than I prefer but comfortable. The room was clean and the bathroom had nice supplies. Check out was a breeze as well as exiting from the garage and getting on the highway was close.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my 2nd stay here and it is very nice! The hotel is very well appointed and right in the middle of all the fun sights! The food is great especially the breakfast buffet. Definitely one of my favorite places to travel for business.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel was great, staff accomodated my requst for an improved room after the initial room was in a bad location. Hotel was very convenient to the downtown riverwalk, right outside the lower lobby. I will stay at this hotel again while in downtown SA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We filled out our breakfast tag, left it on the door, heard it get picked up later that night. Called at 9:10 to see when we would get the breakfast and the incredibly rude employee said "it's your fault you didn't fill it out. I don't pick them up, my boss does." To which we said "so you are saying its my fault that our breakfast wasn't delivered." And she said "yes. It is." We talked to the hotel manager who also said it was our fault. Unbelievable. It wasn't out fault yet we were blamed by every one. Will never stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. Please accept a sincere apology from our team in regards to your visit. We would love to make things right and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the service both you and we expect.
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference April 25-28. The room was comfortable, though nothing spectacular. I was very impressed by the gym and room service. Victoria, who took my order, was very nice and demonstrated exemplary customer service. I told her later to compliment the chef on the excellent Vegan tofu wrap which I had had for the first time.
This hotel lost two stars from its rating due to the misleading Business Plan which promises a free buffet breakfast. When I went to the restaurant, I mentioned to the staff member that I had a business plan. The waiter asked for drinks, and I ordered them. He did not mention that they were not included. When I received the bill, I saw that drinks were charged separately. I asked to speak the restaurant manager, who rudely told me that Hyatt corporate policy is to pay for the buffet but not drinks. I have looked at Hyatt's fine print, and it does not mention that drinks will not be included in the $35 per day fees which pays for breakfast, internet, 1 liter water, and one pressed shirt per day. I have sent an email to the general manager, and I have not received a satisfactory response yet. I strongly recommend all guests to avoid picking the Business Plan which is a waste of money. The dishonesty of the hotel management is appalling. I will think twice before staying at a Hyatt hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business