Grand Hyatt San Antonio
  • Breakfast included
$62
$426
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
JW Marriott
$244
$239
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
$219
Hyatt.com
3,745 results
All reviewsconvention centerruth's chrisbar rojothe river walkpinkie williamsjudy botelloclub roomconference hotelattending a conferencestarbucks coffeeself parkingbusiness tripvery nice hotelrivercenter mallper dayeasy accessriverwalk
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. Literally connected to th Convention Center, down the street from the Tower of America, and within an easy walk of the Alamo.

The rooms aren't huge, but they are tastefully decorated. The common areas - bars and lobbies - are comfortable and full of energy. The gym is the largest and best equipped gym I've seen in a hotel all year.

The only hitch is I couldn't afford to stay here if the company wasn't paying.

It's definitely worth the money. They aren't over-charging for what you are getting. But its probably not the kind of place most of us regular folks can afford on a regular basis.

• Stayed: July 2012
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

After reading, pls rate my contribution as helpful to you. This feedback allows me to determine if the level of detail I provide is of value. Thanks in advance.

We booked this hotel for the week of the fourth of July for our small family of three. Little did we know how smart that was esp for this particular holiday. I highly recommend this hotel regardless if you're single, a married couple, or small family.

BOOKING
I did it online two days before arrival. It was easy enough.

PRE ARRIVAL
This location will let you check in online, so I tried it! At 8am I checked in online and requested to be in my room at 1230. I got an immediate email verification with a barcode in it and a separate notification at 1200 that my room was ready. NICE.

LOCATION
Very strategically located off the highway and within walking distance to Rivercenter Mall, the Riverwalk, the Alamo, the Henry B. Gonzalez convention center complex, and the Alamodome. The hotel is a straight shot from the airport; 8 minutes due south. Exit the highway, make the first right, then the first left and you're pulling into the reception/garage area. In a car, exit the hotel by turning right and you're on the highway within 2 minutes drive of where 3-4 key highways meet that take you anywhere in/out of the city. If you don't drive anywhere the hardest decision you'll be making is where to walk to and eat on the Riverwalk.

ARRIVAL
Quick and easy. As stated, the hotel is a straight shot from the airport; 8 minutes due south. Exit the highway, make the first right, then the first left and you're pulling into the reception/garage area. There were two LARGE conventions going on at simultaneously and the place was absolutely packed, but the front staff was loading our luggage onto a trolley as soon as soon as I opened my door to get out and trunk simultaneously. I went to the electronic check in kiosk, opened my smartphone and scanned the barcode from the email I rec'd earlier in the morning. I swiped my credit card to verify and add self parking, the kiosk gave me my receipt and two keys - all within 2-3 minutes. I went back to the car, showed the lead porter my room number and he dispatched my luggage to the room. By the time I parked my car and got to the room my bags had already been dropped off.

SERVICE
There wasn't one staff member without a smile or helpful attitude. We had/got everything we needed. Room service was prompt, prices were reasonable and food portions actually a little too big for us! The flourless chocolate cake was pretty decent.

PARKING
On site. $25/day for self park $33/day for valet. Even with two conventions going on, self park was no problem.

FACILITY
This is a condo hotel and geared for large conventions, it has an Incredibly large lobby that is very loud when crowded (which was every waking hour). However we found the room floors quiet - although that is relative to the type of crowd. For us, one was a global Christian leadership conference and the other a national sorority gathering.
There is a Starbucks and a small restaurant in the lobby.

ROOM
A little tight, but not unbearable. Its a newer place so everything was contemporary decor wise and new. We had two double beds and a chaise lounge. The beds were on the firm side. Our room faced the Hemisfair Tower which is why I consider ourselves lucky....bc the night of the fourth they had a 20 minute fireworks display there at the Tower and we enjoyed it from our tenth story window.

BUSINESS CENTER
Probably the thing I liked least about the hotel. There is a FEDEX office on the third floor alongside which sits a business center. It is out in the open so there is no privacy. Additionally, PC and printer use is fee based. I paid 40 cents per minute for internet access and 59 cents per printed b/w page - it cost me nearly $10 to access the airline and print my family of three boarding passes.

FITNESS
Largest fitness center I've seen in a hotel. Cardio room had 20 total machines, an adjacent area was fully geared with weight machines (the only free weights were dumbbells). There is yet another smaller room relatively empty and behind glass for those who practice yoga. The pool is a three lane lap pool...long and narrow...not nearly big enough for as many people that seem to visit it while we were there.

Room Tip: If you check in online, consider putting yourself on a room standby upgrade for a small fee (in my case they offered a larger room for an additional $10/day if it were available).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank hotdumale
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for the detailed review! We know other travelers will find this helpful. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The concierge level staff was warm and friendly and we enjoyed breakfast and an early dinner drink on the 23rd floor daily during our stay. We were in San Antonio for 9 days (5 nights at this hotel) and although the rooms are quite comfortable, they are built for someone on business staying no more than 2 nights. There are only 2 tiny drawers, which were not large enough for any type of clothing. Everyone in our group commented on the lack of space for clothes.

The hotel is connected to the Riverwalk and is on the quiet end, fortunately. In two minutes you can be at the mall and restaurants without having to go to the street level and find your way along the one way streets.

It is a large hotel, but we didn't feel crowded during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We truly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the FBLA convention, which was being held in the convention center next door, and the hotel across the street. As someone who was not competing, however, I was also pleased with the proximity of the hotel to the river walk, La Villita, the Rivercenter mall, and the Alamo. A branch of the river walk is adjacent to the hotel, and also reaches into the mall. The Alamo is a 5-10 minute walk, at most. Also, the Alamodome is about 15 minutes away on foot.

The hotel itself is nice, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable. The fitness center was incredible - several cardio machines of varying types, and a sizeable weight room area. They also provide headphones to use as you do cardio, since each of the machines has its own TV/radio built in. The view is also nice, the entire workout area is glass-enclosed.

It is a bit expensive to travel to/from the airport by taxi (~$30), but there is also a shuttle (not hotel specific) that is around $17. As another reviewer mentioned, the elevators were overwhelmed most of the time by the convention attendees, which was a bit frustrating. Other than that, though, the hotel was great!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel's location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My mother and I were tag-a-longs for a convention my sister attended. This was an opportunity for us to revisit favorite places and shop as San Antonio has been a frequent destination for us. The hotel was new from my last visit in 2006 but we had no problems finding it. Everyone was very helpful and Texas friendly. We ate breakfast one morning in the restaurant where the food and service were excellent. A few mornings we ate at Perks the little sandwich and coffee shop that is open 24/7. Great pizza!
All we had to do was walk out the door and we were right on the River and right at a River taxi stop! It is a short walk to the Rivercenter Mall and Alamo Plaza. AND on the 4th of July we sat in our room on the 12th floor and watched the most amazing display of fireworks!
All in all, it was a great and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our hotel and the Fourth of July Fireworks. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!