“Expensive and cheap at the same time”
Review of Cielito Lindo Restrnt - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cielito Lindo Restrnt
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Neighborhood: Far North Central
Reviewed June 12, 2013

What do I mean by expensive and cheap? The food is expensive and the quality of the food is cheap. I have been there a few times and for some reason I keep saying to myself, let's give them another chance... maybe today the food will be worth the price. However, after last trip there I finally realized that the owners are cheap and do not want to waste anything, so the beans are sour, the tortilla chips stale, and the water tastes like pool water.

The place may look fancy but the service is horrible; especially the owner's attitude.

Cielito L, Manager at Cielito Lindo Restrnt, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Freshness and quality of our products are the most important value to please our customers.
Commonly our dishes are vast for the price paid, the portions could be considered at a low price.
We have a water softener and a filter to give purified water to our customers as if they were at home.
About the owner, he lives out of town; maybe you are talking about some other restaurant you visited.

There are newer reviews for Cielito Lindo Restrnt

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a little suburban Mexican Restaurant, serving both traditional Mexican dishes and Tex-Mex. We have been several times and my food has been wonderful, particularly their ceviche and cheese enchiladas with chili con carne sauce. The service is inconsistent and seems to depend on one's server. We will return for the great food.

Cielito L, Manager at Cielito Lindo Restrnt, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hi Joan,
We are so glad you enjoy dining at Cielito Lindo. We are very sorry for the service, we are having personnel rotation to train our staff therefore we can give you the service you deserve. Thank you for the review we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The pozole soup is outstanding. The chicken soup is very filling. I have also had the nopalito salad and wow it is exceptional. If you want fresh delicious authentic Mexican dishes this is the place. I have been here with my family and they also deliver. I would definitely give this place a visit.

Cielito L, Owner at Cielito Lindo Restrnt, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We get quite a few compliments on our Pozole soup, and we are glad you agree. Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again soon! Best regards.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here at 6:45 on a weeknight recently. We were promptly seated and greeted by our server Oscar. We inquired about happy hour (which ended at 7) and he made it a point to get our HH selections put in before HH ended. We got a few street tacos and margaritas. The margaritas may be the best I've had. Oscar checked with us right before HH ended to see if we wanted another round. He then came over to take our meal order. The food was excellent and the service was great. We will be back soon!

Cielito L, Owner at Cielito Lindo Restrnt, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

We are so glad you got the opportunity to stop by and enjoy happy hour! We are glad to hear you will be back soon, we look forward to serving you again. Thank you for taking the time to write a recommendation!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food was amazing, service was slow and it was pretty pricey. That being said, one of a very few places that has habanero peppers on some dishes, we will be back for that!!!!