“Roaches on wall”

Cuisines: Mexican
San Antonio, Texas
“Roaches on wall”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went there on Sat. afternoon, my wife was out for lunch from work, been there a few times, it was always ok, not great. We got our food and started eating when a cockroach went up the wall next to our booth, I called waiter over, he grabbed it with a napkin and took it. I finally convinced my wife, that it could happen to anybody, her response, if you see one there's 10,000 you don't see. Well about that time, the first roaches relative came out looking for him, that did it for my wife, myself as well. Once again I pointed it out to waiter he says we just sprayed last nite, to make up to us, for spoiling our lunch, he paid for our tea,whoopee. NEVER GOING BACK

• Visited June 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Quaint Excellence”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a small family owned Tex-Mex eatery. The absolutely best Tex-Mex cuisine that you can find. Basics (iced tea.rice,beans.and salsa) are perfect and always freshly made. Quality is the the single word that most often comes to mind when thinking of this facility.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Alvin A
“Great find.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We were on our last nite in San Antonio. After several days downtown we were looking for a good low key place near our hotel for mexican food. Staff is wonderful. This hidden gem is at the corner of a shopping center. decor is a 70's flashback. But the food was very good.

2 Thank rainew
Spring, Texas
“Good, not great”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Visited El Maracumbe II for the first time and had the Fish
Veracruz. It was good -- but not among the best I've had. Hubby liked the flautas, and especially the borracho beans.The decor is decidedly dated. Our server was efficient, though not particularly friendly. Overall, a quiet place for a decent Mexican meal at a good price.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sharon G
Portland, Texas
“FANTASTIC KOSHER!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love El Maracumbe 2! Oh my goodness, we will be back! I had the mexican dinner. It was muy delicioso! It was filling and the price was more than reasonable. The people were so friendly. Our server never had time to take care of us. The owners did that. The owners were very concerned about making sure we were taken cared of in a timely manner. We will be back.

• Visited December 2012