“FANTASTIC KOSHER!”

El Maracumbe II
Ranked #1,949 of 4,696 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love El Maracumbe 2! Oh my goodness, we will be back! I had the mexican dinner. It was muy delicioso! It was filling and the price was more than reasonable. The people were so friendly. Our server never had time to take care of us. The owners did that. The owners were very concerned about making sure we were taken cared of in a timely manner. We will be back.

2  Thank dawnarae
There are newer reviews for El Maracumbe II

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Fighting the battle of the bulge is a life-long challenge here in San Antonio because there are so many tasty places that feature Mexican food.
I thought I knew them all, but was surprised to discover uno mas.
This place is old school campy. All the trappings of a typical Tex-Mex establishment.
It's located off Harry Wurzbach at Austin Hwy in the Sunset Square strip center with HEB.
We were greeted quickly and our server was friendly and efficient.
Their chips are good. They have a standard salsa unleaded version for the typical tourista, and another stronger version by request.
I enjoy Chili Rellenos and consider it a good benchmark for rating a Mexican cafe. They serve a delicious example, the beef comes with raisins and almonds and was good. This entree also comes with a cheese enchilada, a guacamole salad, rice and beans.
The combination plate was outstanding. It had a beef fajita taco, a chicken flauta (yummy), a ham and cheese quesadilla, a big chalupa compuesta with frijoles, queso, guacamole,sour cream and lettuce. There was a side of tasty charro beans all for $9.95.
We had corn and flour tortillas, but no butter, only margarine. They are working on the butter according to their manager.
Delicious food, great prices, and friendly service.
What more could you ask? How about two for one
for seniors from 3 to 5 during weekdays.
There goes the weight loss!

1  Thank bobemac
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food here is always good and we frequent it often. Nothing special except for the food which is worth the visit.

1  Thank JD5636
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I wanted an inexpensive
Mexican restaurant to eat at after driving 5 hours from Dallas to San Antonio. I chose this place since it was close to where we were staying. The food was very good and quite inexpensive. The owner asked us how everything was which is always nice. The staff are very friendly. Overall we will go back to this good restaurant.

1  Thank KRPINGRMI
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Been going to el maracumbe for 25plus years. It's one of the places I miss most from moving from San Antonio.great dishes, great margaritas and good value for your money. The salsa is wonderful!

1  Thank JPKeene